KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
Started by: calvs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3287): « First ... « 1987 1988 [1989] 1990 1991 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, if it works then who am I to request troops to be sent in. I'm very skeptical but hoorah if it does.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:40 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Clementine is a little girl and she's more competent than that twit.

Oh well. In the end, I couldn't pull the trigger on him. >:]
In season 1? Eh, not really, they both do dumb stupid shit. Clem just has less opportunities to do so because as a little girl less responsibility is thrust onto her.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 12:33 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by NemeBro
In season 1? Eh, not really, they both do dumb stupid shit. Clem just has less opportunities to do so because as a little girl less responsibility is thrust onto her.

But Clem also does some good stuff to make up for her dumb stuff. She saves Lee and others many times and comes through for everyone lots as well. Ben only ever negatively effects the group. And his fvck ups are so much bigger than anyone elses. Without Clem, everyone would likely be dead. Without Ben, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: 5 people would still be alive.

Which is why I chose to let him die. Time and again his actions caused others to die. That last bit of episode 4 was the final straw. Dumbass puts everyone in danger by unblocking the door like a moron and THEN decides its the best time to say something that would obviously set Kenny off while the zombies are literally clawing at the door??? What a ****ing retard. Brie died so he could sooth his guilty conscience over getting people killed.

Last edited by Nephthys on Aug 28th, 2014 at 01:01 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 12:53 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Where are you in the game again?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 01:38 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Just at the end of episode 4. Gonna start episode 5 2morrow.

Last edited by Nephthys on Aug 28th, 2014 at 01:56 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Then stfu and don't argue with me.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:03 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ok. But she'll have to fvck up really, really bad to be even half as big of a screw up as Ben.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:12 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I think this show might have the weakest portrayal of force users we've seen in the mythos thus far.

I'm watching this episode where Ahsoua's lightsaber gets stolen, and for the past ~5 minutes she's been chasing this ***** on foot across Coruscant roofs, jumping around and doing other generic city-scape chase stuff. Over the course of it Ahsoka's had like a dozen opportunities to just grab her with the force, but she doesn't. She doesn't grab her, she doesn't use any force speed... it's surreal. At one point the thief is even climbing up a drain pipe, and Ahsoka uses the force to rip the drain pipe she's climbing off of the wall. Why not just rip her off of the drain pipe?

This isn't even mentioning the number of times people have gotten the drop on Jedi. In this episode alone the camera angle of one scene allows us to watch as the thief casually walks up to Ahsoka from behind and punches her in the back of the head. lol. "Preternatural ability to sense danger? Durrrr what's that?"

The amount of PIS this show sinks to to make non force-users a threat is laughable.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Aug 28th, 2014 at 06:46 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 06:39 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

At least with Ashoka she can get the excuse of being a rookie.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 07:00 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I'm watching the next episode, and Obi-Wan's doing the same thing. He chases this terrorist through city streets, impotently holding out his hand and yelling "stahp!" They get into a scuffle, and the terrorist climbs on top of the roof's railing and jumps to his death to avoid being captured while Obi-Wan, standing a few feet away, watches placidly with his hands at his sides.

What the **** is wrong with this show?

It's like a total 180 from the first cartoon. "Guys the Jedi were way too OP in the last series. Let's compensate by making them veritable retards in this one."

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Aug 28th, 2014 at 07:55 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 07:51 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

They can't have them using the Force to catch people or stop their fleeing enemies, that would remove all the drama the writers otherwise don't know how to create. It's the cost of making the series a typical, by-the-numbers, kids show. And so it's not very good ever.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 11:38 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Tzeentch
I think this show might have the weakest portrayal of force users we've seen in the mythos thus far.

Only if you're a Jedi or not [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mortis Anakin.

Last edited by FreshestSlice on Aug 28th, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 12:15 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 12:57 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 12:54 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Life is fun LMFAO

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 07:53 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Life is fun LMFAO

Are you on drugs?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 08:39 AM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Life is fun LMFAO

I don't get it. Please explain.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 12:35 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nalaniel
Are you on drugs?

He was, yes.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 12:53 PM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I don't get it. Please explain.

Holy shit, you're back. Good to see you Slash, how you been?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 01:12 PM
Nalaniel

Originally posted by King Joker
He was, yes.

At least he's happy while on drugs. ^-^

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 01:18 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote