KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
Started by: calvs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3287): « First ... « 3184 3185 [3186] 3187 3188 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't need a bottle.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 01:01 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

The plot-twists were a large part of what made the movie unique. I can understand why some believe they went overboard, but it really made it unpredictable and different from anything we've seen before.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

People had the same reaction to ESB at first and now its the most beloved on of all.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:09 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

You believe this movie was on par with ESB?

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 06:46 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I havn't watched the OT in years actually. Maybe over a decade. I think I might try a rewatch and see how they hold up. But no, I was just pointing out that fans had a similar reaction when a Star Wars movie challenged their expectations.

I did just rewatch Rogue One though and its an absolute masterpiece imo. Deserves way more love than it gets.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:06 PM
UCanShootMyNova

RO is great, yeah.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:15 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

RO's my least favorite movie of the saga, but it's definitely still a great film.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Lmao.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 08:33 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Honestly I suspect that the OT isn't actually going to hold up that well compared to the new ones. Which would be pretty sad but kind of funny as well given the ridiculous worship they get.

I hope not though.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 11:22 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Yeah... The movies that have held up for 40 years aren't going to hold up as well as the ones that have been out for 2 years and another that's been out for a few days.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 11:30 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Maybe so.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 11:36 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Comparing the sequel trilogy to the original trilogy is like comparing Goodwill to Versace.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 11:38 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Are those like, salads?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 11:41 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

yeah

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 12:03 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

OT created under a poor Lucasfilm /= new trilogy created under the billionaire company Disney. I rank the movies according to what they had to play with.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 12:41 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 04:50 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I rewatched the OT immediately before seeing TLJ as I did with TFA, and I would honestly say that the best of the OT is head and shoulders above anything the sequel trilogy has thus far outputted, and at this point have ruled out the possibility that we'll ever get a SW movie as good as Empire.

But that's just, my opinion man. sad

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:39 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

thumb up

Nice avatar BTW.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Now I've got to change mine.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 03:52 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Issue with the sequel trilogy is that it relies heavily on the original trilogy.

TFA was all about nostalgia and TLJ was largely setting up similar situations to the OT to deliver a twist.

The only way the original trilogy will ever be topped is by doing something totally unique (ex. ROTS).

That's not to say I'm not enjoying the sequel trilogy, though, which I definitely am.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 03:57 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
An_Sock
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
People had the same reaction to ESB at first and now its the most beloved on of all.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
I havn't watched the OT in years actually. Maybe over a decade. I think I might try a rewatch and see how they hold up. But no, I was just pointing out that fans had a similar reaction when a Star Wars movie challenged their expectations.

I did just rewatch Rogue One though and its an absolute masterpiece imo. Deserves way more love than it gets.

Yeah, the film was shit. as is your taste in SW.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 05:58 PM
Click here to Send An_Sock a Private Message Find more posts by An_Sock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote