KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
Started by: calvs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3287): « First ... « 3185 3186 [3187] 3188 3189 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

thumb up

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 06:16 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 08:46 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Issue with the sequel trilogy is that it relies heavily on the original trilogy.

TFA was all about nostalgia and TLJ was largely setting up similar situations to the OT to deliver a twist.

The only way the original trilogy will ever be topped is by doing something totally unique (ex. ROTS).

That's not to say I'm not enjoying the sequel trilogy, though, which I definitely am.

The problem is that we're two movies in, and no has any ****ing idea what's going on, and we've gone nowhere from where we began. They literally blew up the biggest space station of all time, and somehow they're as weak as they've ever been. It didn't take three movies for us to know what was going on in the PT or the OT. A trilogy should be three movies that tell three self-contained stories that build on each other.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 09:08 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

They also lost alot of their fighter pilots attacking Starkiller Base.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by ares834
thumb up

Nice avatar BTW.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Now I've got to change mine.
smile

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Nephthys
They also lost alot of their fighter pilots attacking Starkiller Base.

I'm fine with the Resistance the Rebels being weak; it's the fact that the First Order only keeps growing that annoys me.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 09:23 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
The problem is that we're two movies in, and no has any ****ing idea what's going on, and we've gone nowhere from where we began. They literally blew up the biggest space station of all time, and somehow they're as weak as they've ever been. It didn't take three movies for us to know what was going on in the PT or the OT. A trilogy should be three movies that tell three self-contained stories that build on each other.
The writers seem to have had no idea as to how this trilogy was going to progress and it’s as clear as day. I mean, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the three main protagonists didn’t even meet each other until the end of TLJ. It’s a complete cluster****.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 09:29 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

They didn't plan the ST out past TFA, and every director has had complete freedom in writing.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 09:31 PM
ares834

TBF, Lucas also had no clear idea how his trilogies were going to progress. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I also don’t see a problem with Poe not meeting Rey until the end of TLJ.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 09:31 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Yeah, and that’s why this trilogy feels directionless and disjointed. It’s really a shame, ‘cause there’s some cool elements in it.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 09:32 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

You can't really compare the two, ares. It's still one author telling the same story, more or less. JJ wrote TFA, and likely had an idea of where he wanted the series to go. RJ had complete freedom and throws a monkey wrench into the middle, opening several new plotlines and closing none of the old ones. Lucas obviously knew where his story was going, especially when dealing with the PT. How we get to Point B really isn't important, just that we get to Point B, and eventually Point C. I feel like now, we're at Point R, and Point C is several miles that way.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 09:46 PM
ares834

Fair enough. Personally, I felt he handled TFA's plotlines well enough. I loved his answer to JJ's "mystery boxes", but to each their own.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 09:56 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Lol, theres already a petition to get TLJ stricken from the canon and remade instead of episode 9.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 12:37 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Link?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 02:59 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Why, you looking to sign it?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 03:23 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Maybe. smile

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 03:31 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Don't bother. The sooner Star Wars ends, the sooner we'll all be free. I don't see any greater weapon against Star Wars than this movie.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 05:53 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Agreed, a $220m opening box office will really leave the franchise reeling. sad

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 06:51 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I don't think any movie made by Disney or with the name Star Wars will fail financially. I want people to hate it, and then finally stop talking about it. This will help.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 06:53 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I don't think any movie made by Disney or with the name Star Wars will fail financially.
So they'll keep making them, yeah, strap in. thumb up

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 07:03 AM