KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
Started by: calvs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3287): « First ... « 3256 3257 [3258] 3259 3260 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Nice to meet you I guess...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 09:54 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Obvious socks.

They'll be gone soon probably.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 11:50 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't care who socks as long as they don't cause a bunch of issues, tbh.

I much prefer not banning people.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 12:03 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I've been re-reading Heir to the Empire on and off over the last couple of weeks, and I came across an interesting paragraph a few dozen pages in, where Palleon talks about clones after finding out C'baoth is one. He states that when he was an officer in the Republic fleet, his task force fought the first generation of clones and most of them had been insane and unstable.

The obvious implication from Zahn is that the Clones were the Republic's adversary in the Clone Wars, but did he made that up himself or did he get the idea from George? Clearly at some point Lucas decided that they'd be good guys during the war, but I wonder if that wasn't originally the case when he references the war in ANH.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Oct 19th, 2018 at 06:58 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 06:49 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Early drafts of ESB had Leia not trusting Lando because he was one of the last clones. Apparently Lando came from a planet of clones, where each country was composed of a different clone clan. So, it seems either the clones were against the Jedi/Republic, or the clones were used by both sides of the war and overall despised by everyone. I might actually suggest the latter, as "Clone Wars," at least to me, suggests clones on both sides.

Later, early ESB promotional material stated that Boba Fett was apart of the Imperial Shocktroopers and that they were all but wiped out by the Jedi during the Clone Was, which is presumably an idea from Lucas. This is semi-consistent with Boba Fett stating in Star Wars 68 that Mandalore sent him and the Mandalorians to fight in the Clone Wars in favor of the self-proclaimed Emperor's galactic conquest. Note that Palpatine originally decreed himself as Emperor, then used Vader, storm troopers, and the Mandalorians to conquer the Jedi and the Republic through force.

Zahn may have interpreted all this as Republic/Jedi vs Empire/Clones/Mandalore or just Republic/Jedi vs Clones/Mandalore. However, Lucas did told Zahn not to write much of anything about the Clone Wars, so I imagine Zahn made that up himself based on what was known. Also, it seems to have been the general consensus of the early Star Wars community that the clones fought the Jedi in the Clone Wars given everyone was surprised to see the clones work with the Jedi in AOTC.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 19th, 2018 at 07:55 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
then used Vader, storm troopers, and the Mandalorians to conquer the Jedi and the Republic through force.

*then used *at least* Vader, the storm troopers, and the Mandalorians. This conflict is referred to as the Clone Wars, so clones were definitely involved - maybe on both sides, maybe just on the Empire's side.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 07:58 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarWarsFan77
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Ant how high do you think your chances are of beating Az in the CAV.

I am Darth Caedus.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 04:30 PM
Click here to Send StarWarsFan77 a Private Message Find more posts by StarWarsFan77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by StarWarsFan77
@Ant how high do you think your chances are of beating Az in the CAV.
High, Az is knowledgeable, but he doesn’t use his knowledge well.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 04:32 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarWarsFan77
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
High, Az is knowledgeable, but he doesn’t use his knowledge well.

Did you just insut my master, the Grand Sheevite. BTW the CAV is awesome, you should read it, definitely the best one on CV.

I am Darth Caedus.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 04:35 PM
Click here to Send StarWarsFan77 a Private Message Find more posts by StarWarsFan77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

When he became Emperor, a little over half the Senate as it turned out was not involved, was not corrupted—and they reacted strongly against the whole thing. There was a rebellion in terms of the Senate against the Emperor; they tried to oust him legally and have him impeached. But many of the Senators who were fighting the Emperor at that time mysteriously died. The Jedi Knights were alerted immediately and they rallied to the Senate’s side. But there was a plot afoot and when the Jedi finally rallied and tried to restore order, they were betrayed and eventually killed by Darth Vader.”

“When the Jedi tried to restore order, Darth Vader was still one of the Jedi. What he would do is catch the Jedi off-guard and, using his knowledge of the Force, he would kill the Jedi without them realizing what was happening. They trusted him and they didn't realize he was the murderer who was decimating their ranks. At the height of the Jedi, there were several hundred thousand. At the time of the Rebellion, most of them were killed. The Emperor had some strong forces rally behind him, as well, in terms of the army and the Imperial forces that he'd been building up secretly. The Jedi were so outnumbered that they fled and were tracked down. They tried to regroup, but they were eventually massacred by one of the special elite forces led by Darth Vader. Eventually, only a few, including Ben and Luke's father, were left. Luke's father is named Annikin.”

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 04:52 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Jaggarath
When he became Emperor, a little over half the Senate as it turned out was not involved, was not corrupted—and they reacted strongly against the whole thing. There was a rebellion in terms of the Senate against the Emperor; they tried to oust him legally and have him impeached. But many of the Senators who were fighting the Emperor at that time mysteriously died. The Jedi Knights were alerted immediately and they rallied to the Senate’s side. But there was a plot afoot and when the Jedi finally rallied and tried to restore order, they were betrayed and eventually killed by Darth Vader.”

“When the Jedi tried to restore order, Darth Vader was still one of the Jedi. What he would do is catch the Jedi off-guard and, using his knowledge of the Force, he would kill the Jedi without them realizing what was happening. They trusted him and they didn't realize he was the murderer who was decimating their ranks. At the height of the Jedi, there were several hundred thousand. At the time of the Rebellion, most of them were killed. The Emperor had some strong forces rally behind him, as well, in terms of the army and the Imperial forces that he'd been building up secretly. The Jedi were so outnumbered that they fled and were tracked down. They tried to regroup, but they were eventually massacred by one of the special elite forces led by Darth Vader. Eventually, only a few, including Ben and Luke's father, were left. Luke's father is named Annikin.”
Yeah Ant wins.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 05:04 PM
CactusJoe
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why am I getting banned for being a sock when everyone active here literally has 10+ accounts each lol.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 12:27 PM
Click here to Send CactusJoe a Private Message Find more posts by CactusJoe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

who are u

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 01:14 PM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by CactusJoe
Why am I getting banned for being a sock when everyone active here literally has 10+ accounts each lol.
You can stay as long as you keep things civil and don't troll/spam.

That's all I ask, and I think it's a pretty reasonable request.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 25th, 2018 at 01:26 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 01:21 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
You can stay as long as you keep things civil and don't troll/spam.

That's all I ask, and I think it's a pretty reasonable request.

Good luck with that.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 03:34 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Some will, some won't. That is the way of things.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 03:40 PM
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

just look at me

i am the best sock ever

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 03:54 PM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by gold slorg
just look at me

i am the best sock ever
thumb up

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 04:01 PM
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

if RedRanger is reading it, i hope you die irl

Old Post Oct 30th, 2018 02:23 AM
Beelzebub

: o

Old Post Oct 30th, 2018 05:36 AM
Click here to Send Beelzebub a Private Message Find more posts by Beelzebub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote