KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men: The Last Stand Discussion

X-Men: The Last Stand Discussion
Started by: TheOnes2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Martinus

I dont like how was an Xmen trilogy turned into a Wolverines trilogy. All good mutants destroyed or with no powers, including mystique ( ok she is hotter as no mutant).

Old Post May 26th, 2006 07:14 AM
Martinus is currently offline Click here to Send Martinus a Private Message Find more posts by Martinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Dean
Emperor's New Groove

It would've been a good movie if: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the deaths weren't so... easy

Click here to view my non-updated SW Collection!

Old Post May 26th, 2006 07:16 AM
Darth Dean is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Dean a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Dean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheOnes2
But in the movie, his power is a normal mutation.
Keywords in movie.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 07:21 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Originally posted by mYsTiquE_DuDe
Does Psylocke has bigger part?What are her powers?Does she fight?
Tell me everything about her role and appearence,PLEASE!

I agree with Edward Douglas his critique when he says that the number of mutants have gotten out of control, and there' s no way that all of them could possibly get the amount of screen time or focus they deserve. Because of that, they all get their moments and then are quickly discarded or forgotten. If they' re brought in for little more then eyecandy factor, then I' d sooner not have them in.

That' s what happens to Psylocke.

I don' t think enough time is given to Rogue and her dilemma as well.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 07:44 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

her name's "jean," not jane. some x-fan, you.

sounds like your major gripe was that you didn't understand anything. everything with nightcrawler and the sentinels is/was explained in the x-3 game, so that's a plot hole that just doesn't exist. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: cyke's death was due to a) marsden's decision to back out of the franchise, and b) the need for a difference to be set between [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the conscious jean and the subconscious phoenix.

as for juggernaut, would you really rather have had the step-brother, gem of cyttorak, korean war history tying up an already complex plot?

Old Post May 26th, 2006 07:49 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dherbolario

personally..i don't blame ratner for directing this movie...i like hte way he did it...it looked as if singer directed it to me...i do however actually blame singer for screwing over fox...after singer left..he took his idea's for x3...the writers of x1 and x2...and james marsden all over to superman returns...fox had to start from scratch...which means get new writers and start all over...this movie completely lacked character development...except for beat and kitty pryde...i don't feel any emotional connection to any of the new mutans...juggernaut or multiple man to name a few....however the action was spectacular..i'll give ratner that...tha'ts just my 2 cents..

Old Post May 26th, 2006 08:24 AM
dherbolario is currently offline Click here to Send dherbolario a Private Message Find more posts by dherbolario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogueWitch
In Total Control

I'm with disappear. Also Magneto took the bridge so that he was able to cross over, it was held there beacuse it had support... you're questions and complaints are tiny details that are almost completely unimportant if the they aren't explained in the first place.

Also, it wasn't the director who wrote the script pal, so saying that he didn't give scott the importance that he deserves is completely wrong. and , the director Brett Ratner said himself that he has always read comics as a kid and dreamed of creating a comic movie, so yes he does know smth about X-Men and again the director wasn't the writter...

Old Post May 26th, 2006 08:25 AM
RogueWitch is currently offline Click here to Send RogueWitch a Private Message Find more posts by RogueWitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martinus

First of all, cyclops is one of the most important and popular characters of the x men and the director never gave him the importance that he diserves. I dont mind what the hell was this director thinking when he did that of what he wanted to explain but he just cant kill a character with so history behind and so many fans just because of that. "cyke" was in the comic since the beggining and he ( maybe not as popular ) is very important as wolverine for the xmen, and maybe more important in older times, and he just cant kill him like that, he is no one to do it, i think that this is when the character is more important than the person.
You could be right about the video games, I didnt play them but I think that movies shouldnt be attached to viedo games, cause most of people that go to the cinemas doesnt play them. Maybe he shouldnt do such short films, he could use more time to explain more ( as Warren story ).
Juggernaught is a very amazing character with so much history behind him, and the director destroyed him in this movie, first of all he s a non mutant so he couldnt be beatten like that. He took him as another bad mutant and he s more than that, he didnt show that hes half brother of Xavier, things like that makes me feel like the director have no idea about xmen, cause you dont have to be a huge fan to know about it.
If you want to know more about the mutilations that he had suffered pls read:
//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggernaut_%28comics%29

Old Post May 26th, 2006 08:32 AM
Martinus is currently offline Click here to Send Martinus a Private Message Find more posts by Martinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martinus

The mutants are added in a very forced way, it seems that the more mutants he shows the better movie he makes. I dont like it at all. I wanna see characters, and story behind them, I dont wanna see the movie and say, Oh, just another mutant. I just dont know what happened from X2 to X3. Why did they do that?

Old Post May 26th, 2006 08:39 AM
Voracious
Mutant Genes

Agree what you said about the action scenes comapred to the 1 & 2 which Singer helmed , the C G I was extremely poor. For X-1 when i saw how storm came out of the elevator to fry toad I almost laughed.

Ratner did a good job but why Cyclops and Jean were killed I have no clue and what does the last part actually trying to tell us ? Is there a possibility of an X-4 ?

The Pheonix was done well and Jean looked scary and menacing but the other mutants could have been given more screen time. There was an emotional scene when storm and wolverine realized what happend to Xavier and Jean with Wolverine in the lab. Ratner came through with his directing and i was pretty pleased with what he did with X-3 with mind blowing C G I effects unlike what Singer didn't do. The 1 st and 2 nd X-men made me feel sleepy.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 08:44 AM
Voracious is currently offline Click here to Send Voracious a Private Message Find more posts by Voracious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogueWitch
In Total Control

Originally posted by Martinus
First of all, cyclops is one of the most important and popular characters of the x men and the director never gave him the importance that he diserves. I dont mind what the hell was this director thinking when he did that of what he wanted to explain but he just cant kill a character with so history behind and so many fans just because of that. "cyke" was in the comic since the beggining and he ( maybe not as popular ) is very important as wolverine for the xmen, and maybe more important in older times, and he just cant kill him like that, he is no one to do it, i think that this is when the character is more important than the person.
You could be right about the video games, I didnt play them but I think that movies shouldnt be attached to viedo games, cause most of people that go to the cinemas doesnt play them. Maybe he shouldnt do such short films, he could use more time to explain more ( as Warren story ).
Juggernaught is a very amazing character with so much history behind him, and the director destroyed him in this movie, first of all he s a non mutant so he couldnt be beatten like that. He took him as another bad mutant and he s more than that, he didnt show that hes half brother of Xavier, things like that makes me feel like the director have no idea about xmen, cause you dont have to be a huge fan to know about it.
If you want to know more about the mutilations that he had suffered pls read:
//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggernaut_%28comics%29

I know cyke's an important character and all, but the movies are an alternate universe and so can be moved along whatever path the writters choose. They are based on the comics though they follow their own story-line, you have to understand that...

There are so many mutants, you can't build up their stories in the movies, it's just too much. Do you expect them to spend half an hour on each character to explain their backgrounds and history? that take forever.

I think with the material they had and the idea of putting some mutants that we know about instead of just throwing in unknown ones, the movie was very well done.

You have to think about it as a movie.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 08:54 AM
RogueWitch is currently offline Click here to Send RogueWitch a Private Message Find more posts by RogueWitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I think the biggest thing that bugged me was that phoenix's powers made me think of a bad case of exzyma

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 26th, 2006 08:56 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hawkwind
raz's sock

okay i will say this i was disappointed. best use of powers i thought was kitty pride and leech was done okay i guess. beasts fight sequence was cool i liked the sentinel i did not expect prof and cyke to get killed i really wanted to see full on phoenix force (i wanted her to destroy everything) did not like callisto did not like arclight(she didn't talk)
the movie was crap i am ashamed to be an x-men fan

Old Post May 26th, 2006 09:06 AM
hawkwind is currently offline Click here to Send hawkwind a Private Message Find more posts by hawkwind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Britrogue
Southern Belle

Re: Worst X Men movie so far!

I ve seen it and I think this is one the worst super heroes movie Ive seen!!
The story was very poor and the new characters where in the movie cause they wanted to add some new ones, Warren story was really bad and his performance in the movie very poor. It could be better.

It wasnt good from the begining, when they where in the training room (the ones that survived in the end) and they where fighting against a sentinel. WHY WAS A SENTINEL IN THERE?? HOW DID THEY KNOW THEM IF THEY DIDNT FIGTH THEM BEFORE?? What happened with Nightcrawler?? The part thay Magneto took the bridge to get to the isle was rally unnecesary and how could it be hanging there when Magneto left it?? Then when they get down from it its suddenly night!! Too many mistakes. The only thing that Warren do is saving his father and he will be removed in the next one as Nightcrawler for sure, why the mutants didnt kill his father like they did with the woman?? They have to take him to the roof so he can be saved, LOL.
The battles are very poor ( Pyro vs Iceman ) and the final one is really boring, nothing in special. The worst XMEN movie so far! I really liked the others.

I disagree. I think this is the best installment of the three and by far the best storyline.
I think that the running time was far too short and I agree that the new mutants were not given the screentime they deserved. In fact, it appeared almost "rushed" in places.
Personally, I didn't like the opening of the film, but that's only because I liked the "Xavier Monologue" in the first two films. That's me being picky LOL! The scenes themselves were beautifully done, Xavier and Magneto were convicing at being twenty years younger, and the young Warren scene showed us how Warren desperately wanted to please his father. I think Ben Foster pulled off the almost tragic character that is Angel, who's mutant power is difficult to hide.
I cannot understand for the life of me how you could say the bridge scene was unnecessary! Ok, Magneto can fly. So can Jean. Can the rest of the Brotherhood? Erm......no. Therefore the Bridge scene was essential for Magneto to get the Brotherhood to the "inacessable" island of Alcatraz. However, I must confess that I also noticed how it was daylight when the bridge landed at Alcatraz and then suddenly it was nightime!
The battles were NOT poor, the Pyro V Iceman fight was cool, Iceman "iced up" was cleverly done, and as for the end fight with Phoenix.....hello? She was downright terrifying! It was chilling.

If Today Was Your Last Day.......

Old Post May 26th, 2006 09:16 AM
Britrogue is currently offline Click here to Send Britrogue a Private Message Find more posts by Britrogue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BILLYBILLYBOB

Dissapear: I donīt agree that you shuld need to play a video game in order to understand a movie. So bust that point out of the question, for the movie watchers nightcrawler simply... dissapeared, maybe into the odd paralel universe of "other studio holds rights for actor screenplay and ****ed our nightie", or who knows.

Roguewitch: I get your point about movies being a different universe and not having to follow the comic storyline. Yet, I think that some director decissions are stupid like killing cyclops, or when Burton decided to kill the joker, for example.

Enough said, the movie has some major issues, aside from the shallow side characters (and some main character) story development. First, note that magneto needs to move an entire bridge? man he could have used any metallic thing to carry those many mutants to the island.

Ok, "it makes for the big scren eye candy" you may argue, but... does the bridge hs to fall perfectly and hold itself on foot... man... it was stripped from its pillars....

And then again... while magneto is moving the bridge there is plenty of daylight. When the bridge landes VOILA!!! Itīs NIGHT!!!! But then again, there was surely one of those unaccounted for mutants (among those 45 or so who had the jumping-like-we-have-harnesses-jerks power) who had the power to turn day into night in the blink of an eye.

Oh! and how about the spooky "i can move a metallic chess piece" final scene? or "i am alive in another body" after credit scene?

looks like the big guys want to make another millions with a fourth movie...

Well here are 10 bucks you WONT MAKE. Your third movie SUCKED big time. NO THANKS, I wont go to see X-MEN 4: The return of homosexual magneto and the baldy crippled ex-startrek captain!

Want some spoilers for that 4th movie?:

They ALL come back alive (including jean grey) by the way there will be this supercool scene where cykeīs hand busts from the ground underneath the grave (why bother explain there was no body uner it, it makes sense in the movies, rite?). magneto turns into the good side and finally declares his true love to xavier (we all agree they look gay enuff to have a sex scene together in these movies), juggernaut sells icecreams and probably uses his tremendous powers to lift a childīs bike when he falls from it. The great finale: Jean pops a preggo test positive and cyclops and wolverine look at each other. That leaves all of us expecting a fifth movie to see wether the new kiddo will kill the doctors at bitrh as he opens his eyes or if he will pop some claws and cut his own umbillical belt!

Last edited by BILLYBILLYBOB on May 26th, 2006 at 09:26 AM

Old Post May 26th, 2006 09:22 AM
BILLYBILLYBOB is currently offline Click here to Send BILLYBILLYBOB a Private Message Find more posts by BILLYBILLYBOB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BILLYBILLYBOB

Oh did I say the movie sucked?

yea, I did.

My rating: Money best used buying a dildo and sitting on it (it will hurt less than watching such crap.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 09:34 AM
BILLYBILLYBOB is currently offline Click here to Send BILLYBILLYBOB a Private Message Find more posts by BILLYBILLYBOB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Britrogue
Southern Belle

AND YOU CANT KILL CYCLOPS AND XAVIER!! Who did this movie?? Cyclops is a very important character and one of the best Xmen, you just can kill him like this! The director never gave him the importance that he diserves, and now he kills him, WORST IDEA EVER!! What good characters are left? Only Wolverine and Storm, the other ones sux!! Im an Xmen fan and I cannot see how you can ruin a film like this!! They way that Jane killed averybody was really bad, too much 3D, only poligons in the air. Juggernaught is just another evil mutant, LOL. It seems that the director doesnt know anything about the Xmen story!!

IM VERY ANGRY!!!! LOL

I take it you didn't stay to the end of the credits to watch the final scene?
I am as upset as anyone else to see Cyclops die. But unfortunately, it HAD to happen. James Marsden made a choice to pull out of the franchise, and nothing sucks more than replacing a character with another actor. I absolutely HATE that. So, it had to happen and served as a terrible tragedy that could be used to explain why Jean gave into the darker side of her personality.
Who the hell is Jane? LOL...and you say you are a fan? And BTW, the director doesn't write the script.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 09:35 AM
Britrogue is currently offline Click here to Send Britrogue a Private Message Find more posts by Britrogue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BILLYBILLYBOB

Britrirogue... stop using the Jean - Jane misspell as a point to prove anything. I think I haver read this twice in this post...

Third time I will puke my brains out. This is a forum, my spelling sucks and I do not double check internet posts on lousy forums so I take it martinus did the same thing, and instead of saying: "Ha u wrote JAne instead of Jean u deserve to die!" I just move on to saying how much the movie sucked, which did and in which I fully agree with this guy.

If you liked this movie there is something wrong with you and you probably need medicine, or therapy or a hardcore combination of both.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 09:40 AM
BILLYBILLYBOB

Oh just kidding, I ment no offence on those who liked the movie. You probably are 12 year old kids who love to see a crowd jumping with lousy harness screenplay...

Jeez!!! every time I think of that scene i get spasms...

Do all mutants have the power to jump a lot?

I believe there was a great power many mutants had in this movie. The power to SUCK IT BIG TIME!

Oh and by the way that pseudo-female-sonic-clapping thing. Man that was creepy! She looked odder than prince. I am not homophobic or anything but there is so much asexuated eye damage you can get... that character managed to get past that limit.

Ima go wash my eyes!

damn there goes the spasms again... thatīs what i get for thinking of harnesses.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 09:46 AM
Britrogue
Southern Belle

I agree with you there Strom. I think that was my major bugbearer. We were promised by all the insiders that Rogue would have a key part to the film. Apart from that one scene with Wolvie, nothing was really made of her plight at all. And when the hell did she kick ass? She is my favourite character, but to be honest, there wasn't much point in her being there at all.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 09:47 AM