KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Can Wolverine die?

Can Wolverine die?
Started by: SuperTrevor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marko
Supreme Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arcane
yeh i know that, but wolverine still shoulda died

yeah true i hate him so much i really wanted scot to be the strongest character in the films!!

Old Post May 31st, 2006 11:13 AM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by Skeets
Yes Wolverine can die.Snap his neck and he's dead,drown him etc.

Exactly. In Spider-Man VS Wolverine, there was a point where Wolverine had his fist below Spidey's chin, ready to 'snikt' his claws right up into Spidey's skull. However, since Spidey had his hands wrapped around Wolverine's neck, ready to 'snap' it with his super strength (Spider-Man had ten times the strength of the average human being back then), Wolverine couldn't do anything. It was a stand off. They both knew there was nothing they could do without the risk of killing themselves, so they let eachother live.

Old Post May 31st, 2006 11:20 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sans_Fi
King of the Penguins

Originally posted by cain marko
he can only regenerate more advanced than what humans do. if we lose a limb we cant grow it back. ergo neither can wolverine

Yes, but he can lose a limb or break his bones cause the adamantium.... so, you can only drawn him, or inject him adamantium in his veins wink

Old Post May 31st, 2006 11:21 AM
Sans_Fi is currently offline Click here to Send Sans_Fi a Private Message Find more posts by Sans_Fi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Sans_Fi
Yes, but he can lose a limb or break his bones cause the adamantium.... so, you can only drawn him, or inject him adamantium in his veins wink

i dont understand any of that? sad

Old Post May 31st, 2006 11:24 AM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by cain marko
i dont understand any of that? sad

Okay, here's a little 'Wolverine 101'. I'm not the biggest know-it-all when it comes to him, but I was a huge Spidey fan back in the day, and my bro and I used to argue about this stuff all the time.

First of all, Wolverine's entire skeleton is covered with Adamantium. I may have spelled that wrong, but Adamantium is basically the strongest metal in the world, supposedly indestructible. This is why Magneto can control him; Magneto can manipulate metal. Therefore, Wolverine can drown, because having Adamantium bones ain't gonna help him there, and his neck can be snapped since the spinal cord can still be separated if the bones are moved out of place. You can't crush his spine, but you can break his spinal cords and that could kill him. Also, the regeneration stuff that a few others mentioned is true as well. If he was burned at a temperature higher than his regeneration rate, all that would be left would be his skeleton.

Old Post May 31st, 2006 11:32 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soul self

Is Woleverine and Dr. Doom similar? If the fantastic 4 defeated Dr. Doom, I dont see why nobody from x-men can't. It seems possible for wolverine to die. Could magneto just crush him into a ball?would that kill him?

Old Post May 31st, 2006 05:37 PM
soul self is currently offline Click here to Send soul self a Private Message Find more posts by soul self Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordKaos
LET KAOS REIGN!

With the adamantium Wolverines powers are limited to accelerated healing, but when he lost it the Xavier protocols said the only way to kill him is to decapitate him and move his head far enough from his body, because it would somehow reattach itself. Snapping his neck with the metal isn't possible is it? It would also to hard to make him bleed to death as the wounds would keep closing. Drowning him, launching him into space, suffocating him, burning him to ash, a power neutralizer (he would die from adamantium poisoning) would most likely do him in, as well as a very powerful focused psi-blast to incinerate his brain, but he might be able to regenerate brain tissue.

Old Post May 31st, 2006 05:51 PM
LordKaos is currently offline Click here to Send LordKaos a Private Message Find more posts by LordKaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

Originally posted by LordKaos
With the adamantium Wolverines powers are limited to accelerated healing, but when he lost it the Xavier protocols said the only way to kill him is to decapitate him and move his head far enough from his body, because it would somehow reattach itself. Snapping his neck with the metal isn't possible is it? It would also to hard to make him bleed to death as the wounds would keep closing. Drowning him, launching him into space, suffocating him, burning him to ash, a power neutralizer (he would die from adamantium poisoning) would most likely do him in, as well as a very powerful focused psi-blast to incinerate his brain, but he might be able to regenerate brain tissue.

if he had no brain then there would be no command going to his body/cells telling them to regenerate

Old Post May 31st, 2006 09:22 PM
Marvel-knight
Marvel kills DC

Originally posted by InnerRise
Regenerate?

Wolverine is just able to Heal at an advanced rate.

I mean if his arm was cut off would he grow it back?

is it comprehensible.....
um how would his arm break off his adimentium skeliton is unbreakable

Old Post May 31st, 2006 09:27 PM
Marvel-knight is currently offline Click here to Send Marvel-knight a Private Message Find more posts by Marvel-knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Marvel-knight
um how would his arm break off his adimentium skeliton is unbreakable

IF being the key word to get a point across. Don't think too much into it please.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post May 31st, 2006 09:40 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KyubiRasengan
Restricted

Account Restricted

if logans hand was cut off he coul not grow it bac cuz he can not grow bac limbs in my xmen the new Age of the apocalypse comic cyclops blows it off and it stays and does not grow bac

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 12:05 AM
KyubiRasengan is currently offline Click here to Send KyubiRasengan a Private Message Find more posts by KyubiRasengan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by KyubiRasengan
if logans hand was cut off he coul not grow it bac cuz he can not grow bac limbs in my xmen the new Age of the apocalypse comic cyclops blows it off and it stays and does not grow bac

first off thats age of apoc. not normal universe. in normal universe scot could never of done that.

also wolverine can grow back limbs at least night crawler father who is the devil thinks so and he thought it would only take him seconds minuts tops.

also in wolverine 32 written by mark miller he survives having his head cut off and that way harder to heal then a arm.

also is this thread killing wolverine or killing him for good?
becuase yes u can kill him, but a lot of the times he won't stay dead. now if u mean killing him for good yes u could possable to do it, but the effort it would take would be extreme

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 12:39 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverex84

as long as adamantium is present in his bones, he is virtually unbreakable. wolverine in age of apocalyspe is not consistent with the normal wolverine, i believe that there is a connection in his joints that his holding his bones together curse if it was just normal cartilage/tendon/ligaments, it would have ripped off when he fought power house guys like hulk, namor, thing, etc. the only way that one can be satisfied from wolverines death is if there is no flesh on his bones. all his flesh/blood etc ripped off his skeleton, burnt to the very last, absolutely no flesh remaining, then he is considered dead.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 01:42 AM
wolverex84 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverex84 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverex84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drwerwer

they cant kill wolvy in his own movie.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 01:49 AM
drwerwer is currently offline Click here to Send drwerwer a Private Message Find more posts by drwerwer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drwerwer

And ways to kill wolvy are sufficate him for a long time, If he loses enough blood or vital organs and anther way off the top of my head drowned him.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 01:50 AM
drwerwer is currently offline Click here to Send drwerwer a Private Message Find more posts by drwerwer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drwerwer

Originally posted by capt it up
first off thats age of apoc. not normal universe. in normal universe scot could never of done that.

also wolverine can grow back limbs at least night crawler father who is the devil thinks so and he thought it would only take him seconds minuts tops.

also in wolverine 32 written by mark miller he survives having his head cut off and that way harder to heal then a arm.

also is this thread killing wolverine or killing him for good?
becuase yes u can kill him, but a lot of the times he won't stay dead. now if u mean killing him for good yes u could possable to do it, but the effort it would take would be extreme

yea hes but killed many times but his healing factor always brings him back and didnt he heal one time from like a drop of his blood cant remember when but i think it did happen

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 01:53 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by drwerwer
yea hes but killed many times but his healing factor always brings him back and didnt he heal one time from like a drop of his blood cant remember when but i think it did happen

yes he did, but that was due to a gempowergiving him energy. given enough energy wolverine can heal from pritty much any thing.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 01:56 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by capt it up

Originally posted by drwerwer

That is why wolverine is such a ridiculous character. It's actually pathetic that instances like that have actually been written.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 02:09 AM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Didn't he regenerate from that drop of blood, because that drop of blood hit some sort of magical crystal. Rather than it just splatting on the floor and growing into a new Logan. Also about the psi blast frying the mind, it would depend on how much of the mind was fried if it was completely obliterated then there would be little to no chance of recovery if only minor areas unrelated to his powers were damaged initially its feasible that the brain tissue would be repaired by his healing factor. His healing factor is already theorised to have an effect on his mental state, it is a common theory that is at least in part responsible for his amnesia "Scabbing" over events that harm him both mentally and physically. However this is yet to be specifically stated or any conclusive proof offered.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 06:43 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zslick

there was a comic book was released about six years ago called wild things and i dont know if its still out there but in this book every one from x-men and avengers were dead! even that guy from fantastic four the one who can powers can stretch! well in this comic book wolverine was dead he had a block of cement under him and like big ass cement block on top of him which pretty much squished him!!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 07:32 PM
zslick is currently offline Click here to Send zslick a Private Message Find more posts by zslick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote