KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Anyone still play D&D?

Anyone still play D&D?
Started by: MJOILNIR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fire
dude why by 3.5 expansion books when u don't even have 3th rule books

'Cause I can. stick out tongue

Seriously, it's because I thought some of the starting and prestige classes within them were interesting (I especially liked the Black Flame Zealot).

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 10:50 PM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

he's k but there are cooler ones

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 09:11 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

I also liked the Hexblade. And the Kensai. And the Temple Raider of Olidammara was pretty good for my Cleric/Rogue characters.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 01:54 PM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tshern
Protein-man

I play D&D. Actually, I just got home from a role playing session and it was a lot of fan. At the moment we have three characters of level nine, one psionic, one paladin and mine Shugenja/Sorcerer/Mystical thaumaturgist. The story hasn't revealed the inner depths yet, but I'm waiting for it.

Respect_Popeye

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 11:29 PM
Tshern is currently offline Click here to Send Tshern a Private Message Find more posts by Tshern Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

I haven't gotten involved in any real campaigns yet. I've only done one session things, then we just seem to forget about it. I'm planning to start up my own, though, sometime in the next 2 months. I just have no idea what I should use for the story...

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:14 AM
Tshern
Protein-man

If you hold the campaign via internet and need an extra player, then I can join in. As a piece of advice, don't let people pick classes you know nothing about. I also support the idea of restricting powerbuilding. What has it to do with roleplaying anyway? Just do a monk and give him the vow of poverty and you have an imbalancing character...

Respect_Popeye

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 11:12 AM
Tshern is currently offline Click here to Send Tshern a Private Message Find more posts by Tshern Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Originally posted by Tshern
I play D&D. Actually, I just got home from a role playing session and it was a lot of fan. At the moment we have three characters of level nine, one psionic, one paladin and mine Shugenja/Sorcerer/Mystical thaumaturgist. The story hasn't revealed the inner depths yet, but I'm waiting for it.

lvl nine paladin, without prestige class?? weird

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 11:32 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

If you hold the campaign via internet and need an extra player, then I can join in. As a piece of advice, don't let people pick classes you know nothing about. I also support the idea of restricting powerbuilding. What has it to do with roleplaying anyway? Just do a monk and give him the vow of poverty and you have an imbalancing character...

the monk with the vow of poverty is indeed extremely powerful, I just rule it way stricter than the book says, so far noone tried it.

And indeed, don't let ppl pick classes u know nothing about, that's why I don't allow psionics, too lazy to read the book. My players can build whatever else they like tho, I just want to hear a very decent story about it.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 11:34 AM
Fire

Originally posted by KingDubya
I haven't gotten involved in any real campaigns yet. I've only done one session things, then we just seem to forget about it. I'm planning to start up my own, though, sometime in the next 2 months. I just have no idea what I should use for the story...

Start by creating the world, or get to know a premade one really well. After that the plot will come to you in time.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 11:35 AM
Tshern
Protein-man

Originally posted by Fire
the monk with the vow of poverty is indeed extremely powerful, I just rule it way stricter than the book says, so far noone tried it.

And indeed, don't let ppl pick classes u know nothing about, that's why I don't allow psionics, too lazy to read the book. My players can build whatever else they like tho, I just want to hear a very decent story about it.

Making it stricker than the books says is actually a pretty good idea. I'll remember that if someone tries it on my game. I'm not too experienced with the game anyway, so I outrule quite many classes, mostly psionics, which seem imbalancing.

Respect_Popeye

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 06:42 PM
Tshern
Protein-man

Mwhahahaha! I created the most incredible build today with my friend, can't wait to use it.

Respect_Popeye

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 03:14 PM
Azure
Your socks taste good...

Mwhahahaha! I created the most incredible build today with my friend, can't wait to use it.
yay! (yeah, I know it was kinda random) I always knew about D&D, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it....but I want to!!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 07:00 PM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Broken Darkness

D&D is awesome, I just got into it last year, and finally got to join another group this year after my last group kinda left me behind. (it was a group of all guys and apparently they didnt like a girl in the group, unfortunately my husband, then fiance, didn't get to join in anymore either).

"Life is Complex... so am I."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 03:13 AM
Broken Darkness is currently offline Click here to Send Broken Darkness a Private Message Find more posts by Broken Darkness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

that kinda sucks, but good to see you found another group

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:44 AM
Fire

for anyone who wants to have a laugh (DnD Related) one adress: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 05:47 PM