KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME- The first Campaign Journey (Philosophy Path)- revealed!

USH'S MATRIX GAME- The first Campaign Journey (Philosophy Path)- revealed!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trickster
True KMC Jester

And, it was fun. I just read my response, and I was amused. I remember having to think about that for ages.

But Ush, you missed out Assignment 5... The huge fight that I didn't get to play through.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Last edited by Trickster on Jun 1st, 2006 at 04:20 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 04:13 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That was afterwards!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 04:17 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Yeah, but it'd show the inclusion of fighting. And cool fighting, at that.

You should put up some of the submissions, unless there's a reason you ain't.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 04:20 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, I thought some people might want to think about it first, see if the vibe is for them. Then I'll put up some answers, and what happened next.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 04:23 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Damn, you fixed the mistake I was going to point out.

Interesting though...I didn't pay any attention at all to what was going on with the Philo path unless someone said they did something really stupid/cool that I decided to check out stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 04:28 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

It was crazy. But then, I paid little attention to you uncultured combat nuts, too...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 04:33 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Wow, that's more intense than I remember it being. Oh well. That's why I'm a Combat nut.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 05:55 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I wonder where the numbers will fall this time?

I THINK there is a Philo path this time, anyway. Can't give an 100% guarantee, but it seems likely.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 12:05 PM
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

The Philosophical path sound good for the character I had in mind:
NOTE: this is my real name I'm using...

Alias: TAO

As is the norm, he began life in the matrix and found himself on the path to enlightenment through budhism and learnt the truth through meditation. the rest is just all blah blah blah stuff...

But I went through the rooms and the only one that would really stump me was the last one... the mirrored room...

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 12:24 PM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, that was certainly the crux of the matter!

BtVS

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 12:38 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

I'm not sure what the others replied. It was intensely difficult.

And no doubt Ush was sitting there laughing like a maniac while we tried to work our ways through it. What did you say, Ush?

Last edited by Trickster on Jun 2nd, 2006 at 12:59 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 12:54 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I didn't say anything, I was too busy laughing.

Shall I sum up the Philosophy part and then the game plot?

BtVS

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 06:08 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Sure why not...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 02:06 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'll admit that I care more about the game plot as a whole as opposed to simply the Philo path (stick out tongue) but sure.

And I know stuff that you guys don't.....

And I think I'll need to find a good hiding place eventually so I don't get killed.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 04:36 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, unless you understand that Philosophy path thing, you cannot understand the central plot point- about what happened with Jericho.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 09:34 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Don't listen to Lana's Nay saying, just tell us allready!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 09:02 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Castor
Castor, Natural

I wanna know what happend. I remmember this whole situation just bugging me. But I liked the mental challenge too. Take it home Ush

"Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 12:13 AM
Castor is currently offline Click here to Send Castor a Private Message Find more posts by Castor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Castor
Castor, Natural

You gonna finish up here Ush?

"Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 05:35 PM
Castor is currently offline Click here to Send Castor a Private Message Find more posts by Castor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, I'll start working on giving some sort of resolution to this.

-----

Ok, the 'solution' to the final problem.

Well, there wasn;t a solution, as such. As I had taken pains to mention- and will always apply on the Philosophy Path- it isn't a brain teaser or riddle. There is not a magical right answer.

It was also fixed so it was impossible to die here, even though that meant direct intervention in what some people tried to do. This was win/lose, but I was only pretending that it was life/death.

Winning involved doing two things:

1. Escaping the logic of the situation

(obviously, you had to give a relevant answer)

2. Maintaining your internal logic!

(This was the big one- your answer had to be consistent with the logic and views you presented earlier in the Path. Anyone trying to rampantly change everything they had earlier said in earnest just to try and escape the problem, or who simnply constructed nonsense, would fail).

It was not meant to be staggeringly difficult. It WAS meant to make people think, and put time into it, but basically, if you engaged with the plot and the ideas presented and made an effort to put in a coherent answer, you would win.

That's not to say it went smoothly!

This being the case, I will have a look at several important concepts that the puzzle started to boil down to.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 03:12 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

1. Should *I* live?

Considering the normal survival instinct of people in RPs, this one prvoed quite difficult.

It was assumed that most people would immediately try and come up with ways to make sure that they themselves lived, and the other died.

In fact, quite a few people seemed ready to take the self-termination option. This would be an active declaration that you, basically, did not exist- not in any way you recognised. This is such a horrible thing to do and act upon, ego wise, that it was almost shocking that people were willing to accept it! Very Matrix, but quite odd!

(It was about at this point that Fire knew he was in a bit of trouble- his adopted nihilistic attitude gave easy answers to the Path so far, but left him in serious trobule in constucting an argument at this point!)

I tried to dissuade people from the self-termination option unless they were really, really determined to prove it was right. Basically, the set-up of the problem was how to get yourself out of it. After all, if you killed yourself there was a good chance that you had just killed your character, and as Dexx said, he sure as hell wasn't going to risk that.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 03:17 PM