KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Reed Richards....Moves to Gotham City

Reed Richards....Moves to Gotham City
Started by: Malo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ThePittman
Don’t get me wrong, I like Reed and think he is a great character and has done some way cool things. Yes he is a great leader and a very formable opponent but in combat he is not the best by far, he can take on a lot of people and beat many of Batman’s foes but to do this and avoid Batman who is the worlds best detective I can’t see that.

Yes he has beat gods and cosmic characters but that has always been with his technology and team mates. If he can use his technology or make stuff up then I totally give this task to him but from this thread this is a purely physical fights that he would have to do.
What enemy would give him problems, then? Science is not the only thing that Reed can do, he is a master of other things too...that includes psychology.

And I'd like to see Batman take his enemies without equipment...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 09:31 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

He's also a judomaster. Just ask sue yes

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 09:33 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
I think you guys are downplaying Batman and overhyping Reed. Batman would have no trouble fitting in the Marvel Universe. If he WAS in the Marvel Universe, he'd have contigency plans for almost everyone on 616.

"Quick, Bruce, you must find the equation to open the extradimensional gate to Negative dimension and warp us through it so Thing can breathe again!"

*Batman gives Thing a rebreather*

Batman: Now let's motherbox our way out of here.

FF with Batman (To Nihil): You're a whore if you mess with the Fantastic Four!

And sure, Reeds is great, but Bruce can do THIS:

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s1473208.htm

kidding.

What would Batman do if all their equimpment would be destroyed and he actually would have to made a teleporter himself out of alien technology he has never encountered before? Or when he would need to face Terminus or some other interdimensional god in battle and find a way to defeat them in half a minute?

Pray?

It's Batman who is WAY above his level here.

Plus, Reeds isn't a detective. He'd be doing some pointless mathematical equation to try to predict what all the villains will do, but they're too insane for that. He'd be constantly too late to stop murders left and right. And he'd suck at blending in too. He's not good enough to hide like Bruce, and once people start seeing his bright blue costume, he'd attract attention, and then the criminals will start figuring out his weaknesses. Energy Weapons. Cold Temperatures (which messes up his elasticity). Also, he's more dependant on a team, whilst Batman usually takes on the "One Man War On Crime" ideology. Alone, Reed is not likely to take on Gods, Demigods, or any super being. He'd be out of his element in Gotham.

Not half of Batman's villains are insane enough for Reed not to understand them, and even those who are can be understood by him. Reed has predicted what aliens or magical creatures that aren't even from this world would do, insane minds won't be a problem, since understanding the workings of mind is one of his fields too. And can't blend in? He can mimic his appearence and face to disguise as another person, creature or inanimate object if he wishes so. Reed has defeated enemies without his teammates. And he is 99% of the time the guy who finds a way to defeat them also. Reed does not need his team...they can't work really without Reed.

And Batman's villains would not just figure out that he is weak to those things...I doubt that an universal genius would just run at a guy named "Mr.Freeze".

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 09:58 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
What enemy would give him problems, then? Science is not the only thing that Reed can do, he is a master of other things too...that includes psychology.

And I'd like to see Batman take his enemies without equipment...
Well I can’t remember many of Bat’s enemies but some that I do that would physically give him a challenge without his toys are Bane, Clayface and Killer Croc. Most of the others he could easily out think or physically beat. My point is that he, giving time could find a way to beat them all but to do this and avoid Batman I can’t see him doing. It wouldn’t be long before Bats figured out his method and caught him.

As for Bats against Reed’s foes without his gadgets I think many of them would hand his a** to him like Super Skrull, Doom, Titania, Annihilus and not to mention Galactus.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 02:26 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Well I can’t remember many of Bat’s enemies but some that I do that would physically give him a challenge without his toys are Bane, Clayface and Killer Croc. Most of the others he could easily out think or physically beat. My point is that he, giving time could find a way to beat them all but to do this and avoid Batman I can’t see him doing. It wouldn’t be long before Bats figured out his method and caught him.

As for Bats against Reed’s foes without his gadgets I think many of them would hand his a** to him like Super Skrull, Doom, Titania, Annihilus and not to mention Galactus.

Namor couldn't even physically hurt Reed. Killer Croc and Clay Face sure won't do any thing. He's been shown to amp his strength up to Thing levels.

Reed probably can't keep away from Batman for good, but he doesn't need to.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 04:16 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Accel
Namor couldn't even physically hurt Reed. Killer Croc and Clay Face sure won't do any thing. He's been shown to amp his strength up to Thing levels.

I wouldnt say he can amp up to Thing level erm

More like 50 tons no expression

Also, Reed has been taking Ben's punches for years now and Ben is a hell of a lot stronger than any of Batman's villans wink

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 04:19 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Grimm22
I wouldnt say he can amp up to Thing level erm

More like 50 tons no expression

Also, Reed has been taking Ben's punches for years now and Ben is a hell of a lot stronger than any of Batman's villans wink

I believe it's been stated he amped his size and strength to "Thing like proportions" when he confronted Onslaught.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 04:28 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

I believe it's been stated he amped his size and strength to "Thing like proportions" when he confronted Onslaught.

Did it confused

Hmm, i'll have to go back and read that issue.

I remeber the scene which you are talking about.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 04:29 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

I have never said that Bat’s foes could hurt Reed, some may find a way but I really don’t think so. As the thread started was that Reed would have to beat all of Batman’s foes with out using any weapons or tech and avoid Batman in the process, I just can’t see that happening with that criteria.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 04:40 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrHeavySilence

[QUOTE=6692815]Originally posted by DarkCrawler

Not half of Batman's villains are insane enough for Reed not to understand them

Which one isn't insane?

, and even those who are can be understood by him. Reed has predicted what aliens or magical creatures that aren't even from this world would do, insane minds won't be a problem, since understanding the workings of mind is one of his fields too.

Please, Reed can't even grasp the concept of magic. Sure, he could logically predict what aliens or magical creatures might do, but none of them were insane. Batman's villains are more illogical than anything Reed's dealt with.

He can mimic his appearence and face to disguise as another person, creature or inanimate object if he wishes so

His costume is freakin blue. Blue vase. Blue floor. Blue creature. Yeah, I'm sure he'd make a great detective.

Reed has defeated enemies without his teammates. And he is 99% of the time the guy who finds a way to defeat them also. Reed does not need his team...they can't work really without Reed.

He can think of ways to defeat them, but 99% of the time he requires a team.

And Batman's villains would not just figure out that he is weak to those things...I doubt that an universal genius would just run at a guy named "Mr.Freeze".

How could they not?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 09:56 PM
MrHeavySilence is currently offline Click here to Send MrHeavySilence a Private Message Find more posts by MrHeavySilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Which one isn't insane?

I said insane enough. Most of them are just gangsters or crooks with extra murderous tendencies and something special which makes them dangerous.

[B][b], and even those who are can be understood by him. Reed has predicted what aliens or magical creatures that aren't even from this world would do, insane minds won't be a problem, since understanding the workings of mind is one of his fields too.

Please, Reed can't even grasp the concept of magic. Sure, he could logically predict what aliens or magical creatures might do, but none of them were insane. Batman's villains are more illogical than anything Reed's dealt with.

Let's see. It took roughly thirty minutes for Dr.Strange to teach Reed to use magical objects and incantations to get him in level where he could go toe to toe with Doctor Doom in magical combat...

[B]

His costume is freakin blue. Blue vase. Blue floor. Blue creature. Yeah, I'm sure he'd make a great detective.

*Sigh*

Unstable molecules. They change their form.

[B]

He can think of ways to defeat them, but 99% of the time he requires a team.

And you think Batman could defeat cosmic being without their help?

Reed requires his team because he competes in different ballpark then Batman.
[B]

How could they not?

Because they don't know the first thing about him...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 10:58 PM
MrHeavySilence

Alright, Darkcrawler has the better argument.

But I just want to say that you are undermining Batman's intelligence. Just because he doesn't apply himself to science as well as Reeds doesn't mean Reed is smarter than him. Batman has a much larger range of masteries.

- Greatest Detective in DC

- Lock Picking Skills

- Trained In Over Hundreds Of Martial Arts

- Expert In Criminology, Sociology, Biology, Chemistry, Astrophysics, Mechanics, Law, Psychology, Anatomy and Physiology, Biotechnology, Genetic Engineering, Social and Technical Sciences etc.

- Master Artistry

- Can speak English, Mandarin, Japanese, Middle Eastern Languages, Russian, German, Australian, Spanish, French all fluently

- Load of money and business pioneering skills

- Proven to be the smartest human alive in DC (DC One Million arc)

- Array Of Gadgets to compensate for no cheap superhuman powers

- Hacking Skills

- Perfect Marksman

- Chick Magnet; CATWOMAN, BATGIRL, WONDER WOMAN, TALIA

It can't be proven that Reeds is smarter than Bruce, only that what he says happens to be more verbose, pretentious, and vague in that it uses scientific doubletalk. So from now on I think if anybody says that Reed is infinitely smarter than Bruce, I'll just start debating with them.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 08:18 AM
MrHeavySilence is currently offline Click here to Send MrHeavySilence a Private Message Find more posts by MrHeavySilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

- Greatest Detective in DC -

And ? As previously stated Reed can guess what aliens are doing easily enough , how is a thug with no particular pattern comparable to a alien mind.

- Lock Picking Skills -

Reed can stretch his fingers into a suitable shape to unlock doors , he can also hook up to pc's

Trained In Over Hundreds Of Martial Arts -

Judo pwns !

- Expert In Criminology, Sociology, Biology, Chemistry, Astrophysics, Mechanics, Law, Psychology, Anatomy and Physiology, Biotechnology, Genetic Engineering, Social and Technical Sciences etc.

As is reed , except reed is 100 X better.

- Master Artistry .

Ahh yes, because linguistic skills are a necessity to crime fighting...

- Can speak English, Mandarin, Japanese, Middle Eastern Languages, Russian, German, Australian, Spanish, French all fluently .

Reed has a universal translator in his suit

How is a descendant a valid point ?

- Array Of Gadgets to compensate for no cheap superhuman powers .

Please Batman is the cheapest character in all of Dc . He can somehow accomplish crap which Supes (with all his powers) can't.

- Hacking Skills .

Reeds are better.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 08:44 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Alright, Darkcrawler has the better argument.

But I just want to say that you are undermining Batman's intelligence. Just because he doesn't apply himself to science as well as Reeds doesn't mean Reed is smarter than him. Batman has a much larger range of masteries.

- Greatest Detective in DC

- Lock Picking Skills

- Trained In Over Hundreds Of Martial Arts

- Master Artistry

- Can speak English, Mandarin, Japanese, Middle Eastern Languages, Russian, German, Australian, Spanish, French all fluently

- Load of money and business pioneering skills

- Array Of Gadgets to compensate for no cheap superhuman powers

- Hacking Skills

- Perfect Marksman

I can speak Australian too... i.e. English. You probably mean the language of Australian Aborigines in which case there are like a hundred dialects...

How are lockpicking and martial arts skills and marksmenship measures of intelligence...

Expert criminologist yes... but (I think I've asked this before) really.. how often does he consistently exhibit expertise in genetic engineering or the legal framework or complex human anatomy.

It's arguable whether giving a character plot device gadgets or giving a character superpowers is more 'cheap'.

Reed's married to the incredibly hot and incredibly powerful Invisible Woman while Bruce spends most of his time with boy wonder...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 09:35 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

quote:

really, what issue did they establish that?

quote:

Yeah....but follows the Michael jackson template of having young preteens around laughing

Last edited by Sixth_Winged on Jun 17th, 2006 at 10:14 AM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 10:08 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Comparing Reed’s and Batman’s intelligence is like comparing book smarts vs. street smarts. Batman has much more practical experience then Reed but doesn’t have to deal with the cosmic battles that Reed has to deal with. So when it comes to evading and capture Reed is way out classed in that aspect. Now if big G shows up Batman will piss his pants and Reed will run to the lab and grab his gadgets.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 03:03 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Comparing Reed’s and Batman’s intelligence is like comparing book smarts vs. street smarts. Batman has much more practical experience then Reed but doesn’t have to deal with the cosmic battles that Reed has to deal with. So when it comes to evading and capture Reed is way out classed in that aspect. Now if big G shows up Batman will piss his pants and Reed will run to the lab and grab his gadgets.

You don't seem to understand.

Street smarts aren't intelligence , their a mix of cunning and violence.

Whereas reed's opened a stable dimensional portal wherein creatures reside which make Cluthlu look like my little pony.

Bastman's a moron compared to Reed.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 03:11 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by grey fox
You don't seem to understand.

Street smarts aren't intelligence , their a mix of cunning and violence.

Whereas reed's opened a stable dimensional portal wherein creatures reside which make Cluthlu look like my little pony.

Bastman's a moron compared to Reed.
Yes I do understand what intelligence means. 1 a : the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations b : the ability to apply knowledge to manipulate one's environment or to think abstractly as measured by objective criteria (as tests). Street smarts and book smarts are two different applications of the same thing. Each uses their intelligence in different ways.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 03:19 PM
lifeisaglich

quote:

So I wonder why batman did not piss his pants when the Spectre had him and the jla in that extra dimension prison?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 09:14 PM
lifeisaglich is currently offline Click here to Send lifeisaglich a Private Message Find more posts by lifeisaglich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lifeisaglich

And one last thing how is Reed vastly more inteligent than batman?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 09:15 PM
lifeisaglich is currently offline Click here to Send lifeisaglich a Private Message Find more posts by lifeisaglich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote