KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Reed Richards....Moves to Gotham City

Reed Richards....Moves to Gotham City
Started by: Malo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
So I wonder why batman did not piss his pants when the Spectre had him and the jla in that extra dimension prison?
That was a joke, I know that he wouldn't piss his pants he has a gadget for that. wink laughing

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 09:52 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lifeisaglich

Ok you made your point, now about you stop laughing at me.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 11:29 PM
lifeisaglich is currently offline Click here to Send lifeisaglich a Private Message Find more posts by lifeisaglich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrHeavySilence

[QUOTE=6710381]Originally posted by grey fox
And ? As previously stated Reed can guess what aliens are doing easily enough , how is a thug with no particular pattern comparable to a alien mind.

Exactly though, they are contrasting differences. Whatever aliens he faced, think logically. Thugs don't; they're more spontaneous.

Reed can stretch his fingers into a suitable shape to unlock doors , he can also hook up to pc's

Batman learned it without using powers.

Judo pwns !

vs. 127 martial arts? no

As is reed , except reed is 100 X better.

Seriously doubt that

Ahh yes, because linguistic skills are a necessity to crime fighting...

They do if you're a detective.

Reed has a universal translator in his suit

Fair enough

How is a descendant a valid point ?

Descendant of what?

Please Batman is the cheapest character in all of Dc . He can somehow accomplish crap which Supes (with all his powers) can't.

There's no such thing as cheating when you play to win.

Reeds are better.

Is that a conjecture, or do you have proof? Like Reed, Batman can deduce alien technology at a glance. Not even in continuity but: in the JLU Cartoon, Bruce hacked Chronos's belt with barely any contact with it. He probably observed it for a few seconds in part 1 and came up with a fast way to reprogram it. And I never said Reed is lesser than Batman, just that you are severely denying Bruce's intelligence , which is very high- I daresay, close to Reed on the "smartness" echelon.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 06:21 AM
MrHeavySilence is currently offline Click here to Send MrHeavySilence a Private Message Find more posts by MrHeavySilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

And one last thing how is Reed vastly more inteligent than batman?
Because he:

A) Has WAY higher IQ

B) Has created things that Batman would can only dream about

C) Has accomplished stuff that Batman has wet dreams about

Batman has street smarts. But Reed is vastly more intelligent. We are talking about a man who can open a portal to REAL Heaven in a day and go save his friend's soul.

As for aforementioned liguistic skills, Batman knows Earth languages...Reed knows them, PLUS Alien languages, and other languages that Batman hasn't even heard about (Atlantean language comes first on top of my mind). Only thing Batman is better then Reed is martial arts, psychology and criminology.

Sociology? Besides having complete understanding of nearly all Earth cultures and customs, he also has understanding of Alien sociology.

Biology? Reed Richards created an device that can restore the powers of mutants and superhumans in a short time.

Chemistry? Reed is vastly better. He, for example has created an antidote that works for 11000 different poisons and injected his team with it before they went to a mission.

Astrophysics? Please. We are talking about a man who can create a device that harnesses all the power of entire other galaxy, guy who can open portal to a Negative Zone as easily as you and me open a door, fellow who visits another planets, galaxies, dimensions, etc. with no trouble...he is so much above Batman in this thing that it is not even funny.

Mechanics? Don't. Just don't even go there. Reed has a working time machine in his lab.

Law? Well Batman might know this better.

Psychology? Batman knows this better too.

Anatomy and Physiology? No way. Besides complete understanding of human, mutant and animal physiologies, Reed knows also the physiologies of countless alien species and cosmic beings.

Biotechnology? Well, besides the aforementioned antidote, Reed has also created an device that shrunks things to molecular size, so he etc. can work on diseases from that level, and nanotechnology.

Genetic Engineering? You mean besides making gloves that can take back the stolen powers of Fantastic Four, changing the genetic structure of two people in a second?

Social and Technical Sciences? Well, this goes to the sociology. Reed understands the aspects of hundreds of cultures.

I am not denying Batman's intelligence. It is just that compared to Reed's it's not much.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 12:57 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

quote:
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence

Is that a conjecture, or do you have proof? Like Reed, Batman can deduce alien technology at a glance. Not even in continuity but: in the JLU Cartoon, Bruce hacked Chronos's belt with barely any contact with it. He probably observed it for a few seconds in part 1 and came up with a fast way to reprogram it. And I never said Reed is lesser than Batman, just that you are severely denying Bruce's intelligence , which is very high- I daresay, close to Reed on the "smartness" echelon.

Why in the world are you bringing up JLU feats?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 01:43 PM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bherrle

Before all you people (read: DarkCrawler) continue dissing Batman, I suggest you pick up some JLA comics. Seriously, you're waaaaaay underestimating Batman and his intelligence.

I'm not saying he;s smarter than Reed, but he's faced stuff that matches anything Reed's faced.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 02:25 PM
bherrle is currently offline Click here to Send bherrle a Private Message Find more posts by bherrle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

With far more powerful team, other good strategists and intelligence and technology that really isn't his.

Usually, Reed devises the strategy on fly by himself, creates entire new revolutionizing technology on the same time to defeat them, and has a team where the only member close to JLA in power is Invisible Woman...

Still his takes on similar threats then JLA. And they are still alive.

And you are right that he is not smarter then Reed. He's far from matching him too. He's intelligent. I know a lot about Batman. He is one of my favorite characters, but he just doesn't compare. The most impressive pieces of technology he has are Mother Box and Boom tube. Neither of them he has created himself. Meanwhile, Reed has inventions equal to those, only that he's created them himself.

And I don't diss Batman. What the f**k?

If I say that Hulk is stronger then Thing, do I diss Thing? It's just that in this case, in the place of strength, there is intelligence.

And Reed is Hulk. Batman is Thing.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:42 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

In comparison their IQ is probably pretty close, going back to my other post about intelligence it is the ability to learn new things and apply or control your environment. Now granted I would have to give the higher IQ to Reed but they use their minds in different fashions.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 07:00 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lifeisaglich

Reed's IQ is higher but not by much

Reed has build stuff batman could not hope to dream but batman should be able to study the device in thirty minutes and design his own in another thirty minutes.

Batman only builds what he needs...if it requires batman to start thinking like reed to get his message across I have no dought he would be able to do so.

Besides there isn't much reed can do that batman would not be able to replicate.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 09:01 PM
lifeisaglich is currently offline Click here to Send lifeisaglich a Private Message Find more posts by lifeisaglich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Reed has build stuff batman could not hope to dream but batman should be able to study the device in thirty minutes and design his own in another thirty minutes.

Batman only builds what he needs...if it requires batman to start thinking like reed to get his message across I have no dought he would be able to do so.

Besides there isn't much reed can do that batman would not be able to replicate.

So your basically saying Batman can do what ever Reed can do by copying Reed.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 09:20 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Innovation vs imitation...

If I wanted to I could "rediscover" the structure of DNA... it's not getting me a Nobel prize.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 09:30 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheBadguy

anyone have scans of Reed going to Heaven for thing?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 09:44 PM
TheBadguy is currently offline Click here to Send TheBadguy a Private Message Find more posts by TheBadguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lifeisaglich

quote:
Originally posted by Accel
So your basically saying Batman can do what ever Reed can do by copying Reed.

Yess

quote:
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Innovation vs imitation...

If I wanted to I could "rediscover" the structure of DNA... it's not getting me a Nobel prize.

Not to say that batman cannot build or invent his own stuff on the spot.

But if you unlock a gene in certain areas in the human genome you will be getting a Noble Piece Price. For example this guy discovered the structure of DNA, but you used the DNA data that this guy found to discover something new. You will be getting a Noble Piece Price why because you have just given a new way to look at DNA.

Hence when batman rebuild's what ever it is Reed built he would have improved on it. To make it his and no longer reed's invention.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 10:37 PM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Yes
But if you unlock a gene in certain areas in the human genome you will be getting a Noble Piece Price. For example this guy discovered the structure of DNA, but you used the DNA data that this guy found to discover something new. You will be getting a Noble Piece Price why because you have just given a new way to look at DNA.

They don't tend to award a Nobel Peace Prize (?) to scientists based on their discoveries...
Hence when batman rebuild's what ever it is Reed built he would have improved on it. To make it his and no longer reed's invention.
You've gone from saying anything Reed can build Bruce can build too... which to me was already a bit of a stretch... to saying anything Reed can build Bruce can build better?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 10:50 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Yess

Copying off of Reed's design doesn't make Batman nearly as intelligent as Reed, though. It just means Batman is good at copying other people.

Do you think if Batman managed to construct a time machine based off of what he saw Reed do, he'd be able to improve upon it?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 11:09 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I think the martial arts thing is overrated. Depending on which ones they are, 1 martial art can trump many. And with Reed's powers, I don't think any martial art will have much an effect on him or any move he'll have difficulty pulling off without the hinderance of bones and joints.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 11:19 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lifeisaglich

quote:
They don't tend to award a Nobel Peace Prize (?) to scientists based on their discoveries...

True but this would be no small discovery. Who ever does such a thing is getting rewarded.

quote:
You've gone from saying anything Reed can build Bruce can build too... which to me was already a bit of a stretch... to saying anything Reed can build Bruce can build better?

Yeah.....and better for bruce.

Besided what evidence has come to possession that would suggest that would not be able to do what reed does?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 11:24 PM
Broly92
Bow to Amc or else?

Batman has better "street smarts" while reed has better "book smarts"

"Whoever said anybody has a right to give up?"

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 11:24 PM
Broly92 is currently offline Click here to Send Broly92 a Private Message Find more posts by Broly92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lifeisaglich

quote:
Copying off of Reed's design doesn't make Batman nearly as intelligent as Reed, though. It just means Batman is good at copying other people.

Yes, reed is smarter than batman but not by lot like some people here think. If batman wanted to do things like reed he would succeed but that would just make him too over powering and I don't think that would make good comic when the character is batman or someone similar.

quote:
Do you think if Batman managed to construct a time machine based off of what he saw Reed do, he'd be able to improve upon it?

No improvement because what is a time machine? Its just some device that allows you to go backwards and forward in time.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 11:39 PM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Reed Wraps up all of gotham, and uses his body as a trampoline to send all of arkham into Black Adam's Country, where all of their bodies are instantly ripped apart, and blood rains down from the sky.

BTW. Anyone know who that girl is in MrHeavySilence sig? Reminds me of Zhang Ziyi, but in any case is incredibly hot...

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 11:41 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote