KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers Movie

Transformers Movie
Started by: darth_royke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 44 45 [46]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
stickman618

it seemed like it disappeared, like most of it was a hologram or something,

but yeah, maybe he just compacts(like a radio antenna)

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 08:54 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Definitely compacts, reverting back to the shape/size that he came out of some designer's ass on that day where shitty designs were declared mandatory for this character.

Mind you, I'm amazed he could do anything, so Jar-Jar-Binks-like was his character.

I wish Asimov had invented another law of robotics:
'Slapstick and silly voices don't go well with trying to come across as killer robots.'

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 09:27 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

that's why i didn't want the original voices

they seem too... screechy

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 10:05 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yet somehow I can take G1 Starscream's voice way more seriously than movie Frenzy's voice, movements, actions, and design put together.

Weird.

I like the philosophy of size of TF dictating how bassy the voice is,
but that can only be taken so far..... For example, if size dictates voice, then what happens when you get a bunch of TFs of the same size....? Identical tones...?

Individualism is not the enemy, and if it wasn't for dialogue, I couldn't guarantee that I could tell several of the voices from each other.

Besides, If Starscream turned up on Earth tommorrow on a rampage...? Im probably wouldnt be the one stepping forward to take the piss out of his voice. lol

Movie Frenzy...? I'd be less shy about mouthing off to.
As long as you had an electric turkey carving knife or could hang long enough for Frenzy to 'comedically' cut his own head off, you'd be set. stick out tongue

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Aug 22nd, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 10:13 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

the first thing i thought when i saw Frenzy for the first time was

GREMLIN
a small, sneaky saboteur (and not those things from those old movies)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 11:28 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Shame we didn't see what happens if he touches the allspark after midnight... Or when he gets wet. stick out tongue

Didn't Frank Welker work on Gremlins...?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 02:50 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Does it matter? He wasn't in the TF flim...

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 02:09 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Or the TF film either..

Anyways he was just not in the new film is all.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 04:21 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Wish he were.

Last edited by Scythe on Aug 31st, 2007 at 11:37 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 11:34 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unknowable
Restricted

Account Restricted

The movie was great until hip hop antics started taking over the Autobots.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2007 11:57 PM
unknowable is currently offline Click here to Send unknowable a Private Message Find more posts by unknowable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by unknowable
The movie was great until hip hop antics started taking over the Autobots.

It was just one though. Jazz, and that was his given personality. He had to play a stereotype.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 01:49 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Damnit. Cant sleep.....Must vent...... lol

I'd argue that Prime was the only one characterised well in that movie.
(And then they totally sell out his visual character and have to ruin the stoicism with "My bad" etc and barely being able to command Ironhide and such, showing his outright and un-Prime-like impatience several times)
So thinking about it, even Prime's portrayal could be seen as dodgy.

Bumblebee: Was portrayed as a double-standard-having assed mute who is the first to cry whilst being tortured, yet now mysteriously, despite all we have ever known about the character, pisses on Humans to pry info from them and as he is now a muscle car, is no longer the character of smallest, yet plucky etc. Just comes across like a muscle car piss-torturer.

Ironhide: Always respected Prime, if nothing else and would always follow his command loyally.... Not so here. His constant desire to waste smaller creatures (Dogs, Parents, Rodents etc) goes against the protective-of-life security cheif we grew up knowing.

Jazz: Like already said, A mercifully short amount of screentime due to the shallow-as-puddle stereotype portrayal (The smallest of the Autobots now...? WTFlip?...!!!!!).

Ratchet: If Jazz had enough time to learn all that about earth culture including the entire Run DMC schtick, then could Ratchet have not learned a little about Humans...? He doesn't seem to be aware of a basic thing like embarassment, so that speaks for not only his research, but what must be a poo bedside manner. A bit crap too if it took him that long to fix Bumbleebee's vox processor.. Credit to him though that he didn't mend this incarnation of Jazz, though... stick out tongue

Megatron: They substituted any generic B-movie "Rarrrrrrrrr" monster -maybe from Ultraman of something - for the cold, highly intelligent, complex, slightly insane, ruthless (And usually able to beat a small human in fight) leader of the Decepticons that we all knew....
Unbelieveable and unforgiveable that we can go from the old eloquence and articulation to "Raaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr!!!!".
As the song says.... "I can smelllllllllll youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, Bayyyyyyyy......!" wink

Starscream: Okay they got the cowardly traitor bit down.

(In the one or two sentences he had roll eyes (sarcastic) )

Frenzy: Goes from being a a weak but vicious bully that used sound to shred opponents, to being Jar-Jar Binks with no hestitation.
Its 'Frenzy' here that almost single handedly makes the Decepticons a laughing stock IMHO.

Barricade: B-Movie monster who.....who.....well. I have no idea, as he was in it for five minutes before disappearing mysteriously.

Devastator: Nooooooooooooo!!!!!! Waste of a remembered/respected name and character (characters if you see him as 6 constructicons) for the sake of a not-at-all characterised 'Brawl' that Bay didn't even care to get the name right for...

Bonecrusher: Portrayed with next to no character except for chucking some cars about having a go unsuccessfully at Prime.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Nov 19th, 2007 at 05:00 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 04:55 AM
Scythe
The Goat

And....Ratchet?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 05:54 AM
maxman1180
Restricted

Account Restricted

Awesome movie and soundtrack

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 11:05 AM
maxman1180 is currently offline Click here to Send maxman1180 a Private Message Find more posts by maxman1180 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote