KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers Movie

Transformers Movie
Started by: darth_royke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marko
Supreme Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silverstein
the originals are great ofcourse yeah. But they were overdue for a new look i guess. I guess i see where Michael Bay and co are coming from, cuz if they used the original look, the transformation would be sort of lazy.

thanks, hmm i just felt like changing my sig but i liked it more than the current one i have heh.

pic below, lazy transformation fanart i think

yer this time the machines look real complex not jus held together by single joints

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:35 AM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

True.

I mean there is reason why they drew them in the cartoon the way they did instead of mimicking the toys.

Lets face it G1 Optimus Prime is basically a square box with legs and a tiny head

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 01:16 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you....................MEGATRON!
(please log in to view the image)

To me, that is one of THE absolute worst Transformer design I have ever seen. It looks like a DIGIMON, for Goodness sakes! Man. Spielberg and Bay may have already ruined it. But, we can't be that sure for now.

Dear Micheal Bay,

Thank you so much for sabotaging the transformers movie before it even had wings. you have proven that when dropped in the hands of an elite yuppie prick, even the easiest and most readily accepted stories can be botched up utterly. you are a shining example to all who destroy any bit of entertainment which we ever held dear. as much as i admire your attempt at creating the biggest and most expensive flop in cinema history to top the mighty waterworld, i must apologise in advance as i will not be seeing your own personal 'vision' of what you always wished transformers would have been. and as impressed as i am by the metallic 'swamp thing' which you seem intent as passing off as megatron, i must also decline on seeing this thing make its on screen appearance. thank you for your continued uselessness matched with suspicious opportunity after opportunity. i hope you and whoever you blew to get all these opportunities are very happy together. and when nobody buys your crap toys, which you probably will have packaged and ready for the market before the script is finished, please feel free to cram them all up your ass.

hope you die alone and broke,

PVS

Last edited by PVS on Aug 29th, 2006 at 06:27 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 06:23 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

i have mixed feelings towards these designs. they are very unique and different from the originals and only bare very little resemblence to the original designs.

however they look really good, complex and stuff like that, they look very 'alien' with the faces and stuff. I guess all intelligent creatures have a face, and limbs...the only thing i recognize about the new megatron is the subtle bullet shape head of his.

i cant really predict how the movie is gonna be. but who knows, maybe micheal bay will get his big break and finally come in with a good movie. ya know, how many times can a single director make a bad movie without improving..

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 02:37 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Silverstein
i have mixed feelings towards these designs. they are very unique and different from the originals and only bare very little resemblence to the original designs.

however they look really good, complex and stuff like that, they look very 'alien' with the faces and stuff. I guess all intelligent creatures have a face, and limbs...the only thing i recognize about the new megatron is the subtle bullet shape head of his.

i cant really predict how the movie is gonna be. but who knows, maybe micheal bay will get his big break and finally come in with a good movie. ya know, how many times can a single director make a bad movie without improving..

lol i totally agree

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 12:48 PM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Swamp Thing mixed with Predator, if he was green coloured he'd look like he'd transform into a f***in christmas tree.

I have been worried about this film for a while and now my fears are realised, what a pile of s**t. Guess G1 went out the window from day one.

Clownshoes

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 04:06 PM
smoker4 is currently offline Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

Originally posted by smoker4
Swamp Thing mixed with Predator, if he was green coloured he'd look like he'd transform into a f***in christmas tree.

I have been worried about this film for a while and now my fears are realised, what a pile of s**t. Guess G1 went out the window from day one.

Clownshoes

this is pathetic. you judge a movie on concepts and without even seeing it. it is obvious that the transformers need updating for newer audiences and i think they are doing a good job. you have to remember that there are so many robot ideas out there that the need something new. i mean as i have said i love the original transformers. but on the big screen if they were to look like they did in the eighties it would be like watching the power rangers and the zords or whatever they are. these look more menacing and, although impossible, more organic. i really really like what they have done and it irritates me that small minded people cant let go of the transformers of the past and welcome the new ones.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:06 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by PVS
Dear Micheal Bay,

Thank you so much for sabotaging the transformers movie before it even had wings. you have proven that when dropped in the hands of an elite yuppie prick, even the easiest and most readily accepted stories can be botched up utterly. you are a shining example to all who destroy any bit of entertainment which we ever held dear. as much as i admire your attempt at creating the biggest and most expensive flop in cinema history to top the mighty waterworld, i must apologise in advance as i will not be seeing your own personal 'vision' of what you always wished transformers would have been. and as impressed as i am by the metallic 'swamp thing' which you seem intent as passing off as megatron, i must also decline on seeing this thing make its on screen appearance. thank you for your continued uselessness matched with suspicious opportunity after opportunity. i hope you and whoever you blew to get all these opportunities are very happy together. and when nobody buys your crap toys, which you probably will have packaged and ready for the market before the script is finished, please feel free to cram them all up your ass.

hope you die alone and broke,

PVS
Word. You saved me the trouble. Thank you.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:16 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cain marko
it is obvious that the transformers need updating for newer audiences

its obvious that the very look of every transformer ever made needed 'updating' a.k.a. nothing like they should be a.k.a. bionicles?

and i think they are doing a good job.

so, its idiotic for us to conclude that they are doing a shitty job based on the designs, but logically sound for you to conclude that they are doing a good job, given the exact same material to base our opinions on? wow!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:21 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

this is pathetic. you judge a movie on concepts and without even seeing it. it is obvious that the transformers need updating for newer audiences and i think they are doing a good job. you have to remember that there are so many robot ideas out there that the need something new. i mean as i have said i love the original transformers. but on the big screen if they were to look like they did in the eighties it would be like watching the power rangers and the zords or whatever they are. these look more menacing and, although impossible, more organic. i really really like what they have done and it irritates me that small minded people cant let go of the transformers of the past and welcome the new ones.

Pathetic? laughing out loud

Speilburg and co promised G1 and have gone back on what they said, as for the totally original 'you havn't even seen the film' remark, if i see a picture of s**t i know its s**t and therefore wont eat/step in it. Whereas you just talk s***.

Being called small minded over my opinion and thats all it is at the end of the day is balls.

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:24 PM
smoker4 is currently offline Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

So everyone who hates this is Small minded...? Thats a bit small/narrow minded isn't it...?

For all the resemblance to a transformer let alone Megatron that this has, it may as well be a F***ing Care Bear. Period.

Everyone has the right to dislike something if it is clear to them that Bay and co are killing everything that had a soul about this in at leeast in terms of design.

Incidentally, how would you like it if they mad a film about you, but they had a 78 year old women play you... to satisfy the ego-driven whims of some studio exec with strong "78 year old woman" merchandising ties..?

You'd probably, if not taking offense at the whole notion, complain that it is inaccurate compared to what you have long known about yourself.

Well thats how I feel about this.

The small minded, to me, are the ones who automatically accept what ever garbage the industry serves on them without questioning it..... Different strokes huh...?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:27 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

Originally posted by PVS
its obvious that the very look of every transformer ever made needed 'updating' a.k.a. nothing like they should be a.k.a. bionicles?

so, its idiotic for us to conclude that they are doing a shitty job based on the designs, but logically sound for you to conclude that they are doing a good job, given the exact same material to base our opinions on? wow!

i was refering them fdoing a good job on the transformers where as alot of people generalise the film on the designs.
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
So everyone who hates this is Small minded...? Thats a bit small/narrow minded isn't it...?

For all the resemblance to a transformer let alone Megatron that this has, it may as well be a F***ing Care Bear. Period.

Everyone has the right to dislike something if it is clear to them that Bay and co are killing everything that had a soul about this in at leeast in terms of design.

Incidentally, how would you like it if they mad a film about you, but they had a 78 year old women play you... to satisfy the ego-driven whims of some studio exec with strong "78 year old woman" merchandising ties..?

You'd probably, if not taking offense at the whole notion, complain that it is inaccurate compared to what you have long known about yourself.

Well thats how I feel about this.

The small minded, to me, are the ones who automatically accept what ever garbage the industry serves on them without questioning it..... Different strokes huh...?

nope jus people who hate it jus because the tranformers are 'alien' to them

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 06:07 PM
smoker4
Me name be Leon

i was refering them fdoing a good job on the transformers where as alot of people generalise the film on the designs.

nope jus people who hate it jus because the tranformers are 'alien' to them

So PVS is right!

Dont remember mentioning alien? just total bad concept after bad concept

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 06:40 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

heckuva job browny bay

i wonder how many nut-swinging yes-men it took to convince bay that this was a good idea

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 08:05 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

aaaah good, the pics of bumlebee's face is up. im not going to bother posting it.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 08:20 PM
Awesome Man
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bumblee is a little odd looking, but I can deal with it. Megatron on the other hand......

"HUZZAH!"

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 09:38 PM
Awesome Man is currently offline Click here to Send Awesome Man a Private Message Find more posts by Awesome Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Awesome Man
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is this a f*cking joke?

This

Became THIS!

What the bloody hell were they smoking?

This
would be be 1,000 better.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 09:50 PM
Awesome Man is currently offline Click here to Send Awesome Man a Private Message Find more posts by Awesome Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Couldn't agree more Baltan thumb up

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 10:04 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

but that thing's name will be megatron, and apparently thats all that matters. i just laid a 2 foot log in the toilet and named it unicron. why not?

Last edited by PVS on Aug 30th, 2006 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 10:59 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

And heres how he would look.....
http://www.tfu.info/Gobots/Renegades/Magmar/magmar.htm

He would be readily accepted as the new bringer of chaos by TF fans who are into Bay's new "vision".

How Speilberg could allow this shit to go on as exec producer is WAY beyond me.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 11:15 AM