KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superboy(kon-el) vs Venom,Spider-man,Wonderman

Superboy(kon-el) vs Venom,Spider-man,Wonderman
Started by: jesserw21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Accel
Because he's not outclassed, although is easy to think that because Connor is related to the S-Shield.

Listen, I can see Wonder Man being able to snag 2, maybe 3 victories over Connor. However, there is no way he'd take the majority over him. no

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 02:15 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by batdude123
So you're saying that Connor couldn't use his TK because WM is relentless? What the f**k? That makes absolutely no sense at all. Wonder Man is outclassed and I'm surprised that I'm the only one who realizes it here.

Mind me I was thinking of something else and fecked up.....

the team still takes the majority.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 02:16 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Listen, I can see Wonder Man being able to snag 2, maybe 3 victories over Connor. However, there is no way he'd take the majority over him. no

Again, I disagree as there has yet to be any evidence of Connor's superiority other than TK, but to each his own.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 02:19 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Again, I disagree as there has yet to be any evidence of Connor's superiority other than TK, but to each his own.

Superboy has matured as a Kryptonian. He uses TK, but not as much as he used to. He now has the heat vision, x-ray vision, superhumanly acute senses, and stamina that Superman has now. His strength and speed have now gotten better as well. So if you are still thinking of the little tactile TK user, then you are mistaken. Superboy wallops on WM. I'll even say that he'd take the slight majority of the wins against the team as well. Maybe 6/10.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 02:25 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Superboy has matured as a Kryptonian. He uses TK, but not as much as he used to. He now has the heat vision, x-ray vision, superhumanly acute senses, and stamina that Superman has now. His strength and speed have now gotten better as well. So if you are still thinking of the little tactile TK user, then you are mistaken. Superboy wallops on WM. I'll even say that he'd take the slight majority of the wins against the team as well. Maybe 6/10.

I believe he has gotten stronger over the years, but again...
what strength and speed feats put him above Simon?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 02:31 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

I believe he has gotten stronger over the years, but again...
what strength and speed feats put him above Simon?

Like I've said, he's kept up with Superboy Prime:

http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=108aa.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=128sq.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=139ex.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=156zi.jpg

He has also lifted an entire castle with his TK.

He's kept up with Supergirl in flight speed.

etc...

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 02:54 AM
Accel

Like I've said, he's kept up with Superboy Prime:

http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=108aa.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=128sq.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=139ex.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=156zi.jpg

He has also lifted an entire castle with his TK.

He's kept up with Supergirl in flight speed.

etc...

He got his ass kicked in that fight against SBP rather handily- he couldn't even fight back. While they are good, battle feats are the most vague feats any way. Wonder Man has held his own against Thor and Deathstroke has beaten the JLA, but does that mean these battles would go those ways realistically? Not really.

Just how big WAS the castle? While it sounds impressive, it seems more like a TK feat than a strength feat.

The only time I recall Conner meeting Kara was their first meeting where Connor was owned. I don't recall Connor being able to keep up with her at all.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 03:15 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

The castle was pretty damn big, however Wonder Man is a formidable opponent and I'm not underrestimating him in any way shape or form. Wonder Man is outclassed though. Superboy is basically a less powerful version of Superman with TK. Wonder Man's chance are very slim to pull off victories here. Don't get me wrong, he'd definitely pull off a few, put it would take more than a flying brick to put down a Superman type.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 03:21 AM
HaSon

Conner has never defeated anyone on Wonder Man's level before.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 03:26 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

The castle was pretty damn big, however Wonder Man is a formidable opponent and I'm not underrestimating him in any way shape or form. Wonder Man is outclassed though. Superboy is basically a less powerful version of Superman with TK. Wonder Man's chance are very slim to pull off victories here. Don't get me wrong, he'd definitely pull off a few, put it would take more than a flying brick to put down a Superman type.

Sure, Connor has the advantage with TK, but I'm not convinced he'd pull off the vast majority, or even that he's superior to Simon physically.

I just don't believe he's outclassed. Superboy has his powers, but nothing to indicate he has them to a higher degree. He has the standard 'visions,' but none of them barring heat vision would prove useful here. TK's Connor's only real advantage and I wonder if it'll be enough.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 03:28 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Why wouldn't it be enough? That would mean that Wonder Man would never be able to touch Connor.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 03:48 AM
Accel

Supposedly, but would it really be enough to actually beat Simon or just keep him at bay? If the latter were the case, it'd be a stalemate.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 03:51 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Supposedly, but would it really be enough to actually beat Simon or just keep him at bay? If the latter were the case, it'd be a stalemate.

Yes, good point. However, what's to stop Superboy from holding Wonder Man with his TK while continually dowsing him with his heat vision? erm

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 03:58 AM
Accel

What would heat vision do though? It certainly won't knock him out, that's for sure.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 04:03 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

You're right, it would burn his flesh off of his body. no expression

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 04:43 AM
Accel

Considering Simon's durability and his ionic form, that's debatable.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 04:45 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Hmm.... Constant dowsing with hotter than star heat vision for as long as it would take and with WM being kept in check by SP's TK. Yeah, WM would win that fight. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 04:53 AM
Accel

Is Superboy's heat vision really hotter than a star (remember, this isn't Superman we're talking about here)? Also, depending on how strong Connor's TK constructs really are, WM could probably break out of them.

Wonder Man's ionic energy flowing throughout his body should dismiss the effectiveness of using heat vision on him any way. If dowsing him with heat vision the best Connor can do, then he can at best stalemate Simon.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 05:00 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Is Superboy's heat vision really hotter than a star (remember, this isn't Superman we're talking about here)? Also, depending on how strong Connor's TK constructs really are, WM could probably break out of them.

Wonder Man's ionic energy flowing throughout his body should dismiss the effectiveness of using heat vision on him any way. If dowsing him with heat vision the best Connor can do, then he can at best stalemate Simon.

Yes, considering he is a true kryptonian now. However, can you please explain to me how WM's ionic body would dampen the power of Superboy's heat vision? Superboy is also faster than Wonder Man as well as being more versatile than him, I don't see how Superboy wins unless he engages him in a pure fist fight. What I'm saying is that Superboy has got more options than Wonder Man does. Wonder Man only wins this fight if he gets within close range. If Superboy avoids a close quarter fight, he is basically ensured a victory.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 05:06 AM
Accel

Yes, considering he is a true kryptonian now. However, can you please explain to me how WM's ionic body would dampen the power of Superboy's heat vision? Superboy is also faster than Wonder Man as well as being more versatile than him, I don't see how Superboy wins unless he engages him in a pure fist fight. What I'm saying is that Superboy has got more options than Wonder Man does. Wonder Man only wins this fight if he gets within close range. If Superboy avoids a close quarter fight, he is basically ensured a victory.

Wonder Man's durability can supposedly withstand such temperatures without breaking. His body, being a from of ionic energy, should not be sufficiently damaged due to heat vision- f any part of him was fried off, the atoms of this energy would form back together.

I have yet to hear any feats that put Connor above Simon in terms of strength or speed; there's really no point in saying he's faster based on nothing. Unless I found out about Conner's TK constructs withstanding more punishment than WM can dish out, I have a hunch Simon will be able to break them. Superboy may have more options, but that doesn't automatically mean a victory, especially if his opponent can counter them or negate their uses.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 01:22 PM