KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs 100,000 Daxamites

Superman vs 100,000 Daxamites
Started by: UniOmni

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HaSon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Skeets
It depends if you really think Thanos isn't what he's made out to be.......Meaning that heros job to him to make him look good.

Partially but it has more to do with the fact that Surfer has more ways to beat Superman than Thanos. Thanos is basically brute force while Norrin is so much more.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:01 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Both stomp him imo. Thanos for his unreal damage resistance and strength and energy projection.
Surfer for all three except his strength. And his sheer variety of powers. And speed, and mobility. Funny, against Hulk, this ensures Superman the win, but when the situation is reversed, denial abounds.

I'd put Surfer in the high class 100 strengthwise, but not the premiers like Superman, Hulk(enraged)BA and CM, BRB. Thor imo, is a lil weaker than the five i named, but his hammer and innate magic closes and maybe even surpasses the gap.
Surfer can possibly amp himself way beyond all named above, but he doesn't need to honestly.

Though imo, Starlin Thanos is akin to Loeb Superman. Highly efficient and powerful, while everybody else seems to suffer.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:02 AM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by Validus
Partially but it has more to do with the fact that Surfer has more ways to beat Superman than Thanos. Thanos is basically brute force while Norrin is so much more.

Surfer's more about finesse.
Thanos is Brute force but he surely is more then that his TP is very powerful and he's an Eternal those facts about him get overlooked alot.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:05 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Originally posted by UniOmni
Dvampire, in all the threads i've ever seen you post in, i've never seen you admit Superman loses to another, clearly more powerful marvel foe. Don't make me retread the Superman/Surfer threads......I really don't want to.

You're like another Eleveninches. And that says alot.

At least Whirly gives a reasons why, before he degenerates into blabbing about Superman being the mainstream hero for 60 years, the Icon, never loses........

And just because i don't pray at the altar of Superman, doesn't make me a marvel fanboy. DC gets 90% of my comic money. Ten years ago, that would've been 99.9%, but i gave Marvel a try. Know who you speak to, bruh.

And for old timessake, Vamp..........

Superman vs Silver Surfer

Superman vs Thanos

What are your predictions on superman's odds?

The same thread is here too! Man alot of people are turning to Killermovies now huh? smile

http://comixtreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28201

And I don't get how you me thinking Superman can beat Thanos and Surfer makes me a DC fanboy. You and the other Thanos and Surfer support just can't stand it, but you need to get over it, I still say he can beat them, that's not going to change until I see something that makes me think Surfer or Thanos whould beat him and is way above him in power. And btw, I say Supes whould take the majority in a battle against them (one on one of course, so don't go try to mix up my words saying I think he can beat both of them at the same time, since you can't stand for anyone to think Supes can beat them), not Supes takes this ancsd10 rwkfr milliontnwoe timesfneuernw outeowwnmillion eeob against them like some fanboy.

Again, chill with the angry attacks. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Made by DW

Last edited by dvampire on Jun 11th, 2006 at 05:11 AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:06 AM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by King_Mungi
damn, so that means I have to talk to DC? sad

One day I might repost the respect thread or just post the url to here cool

I could make it......I made the spiderman one from Digis over there....if you want me to that is

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:06 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Both stomp him imo. Thanos for his unreal damage resistance and strength and energy projection.
Surfer for all three except his strength. And his sheer variety of powers. And speed, and mobility. Funny, against Hulk, this ensures Superman the win, but when the situation is reversed, denial abounds.

I'd put Surfer in the high class 100 strengthwise, but not the premiers like Superman, Hulk(enraged)BA and CM, BRB. Thor imo, is a lil weaker than the five i named, but his hammer and innate magic closes and maybe even surpasses the gap.
Surfer can possibly amp himself way beyond all named above, but he doesn't need to honestly.

Though imo, Starlin Thanos is akin to Loeb Superman. Highly efficient and powerful, while everybody else seems to suffer.

I would agree that Hulk Vs Superman is analogous to Superman Vs Silver Surfer. That's a good comparison. Physically I think Superman and Hulk set the bar for top tier strength but Radd can slug it out with anyone.

Starlin Thanos is annoying but he does that with all those type of villains. Starlin's Darkseid is a beast which is why I'm glad he's back at DC.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:07 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Im still confused as to why SS cant just use cosmic awareness and make Kryptonite radiation, red sun radiation and then proceed to kick his ass??

I mean am I wrong in thinking that?

and about the actualy topic werent Daxamites just the same in powers and EVERYTHING except they were poisoned by having lead near them??

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:11 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Post Crisis Daxamites are supposed to be slightly superior to your average Kryptonians. In any case, a probe killing 100,000 of them and then getting one shotted by Supes is certainly questionable writing. Not enough mental blocks in the universe to make up for that one.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:14 AM
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Originally posted by dvampire
The same thread is here too! Man alot of people are turning to Killermovies now huh? smile

http://comixtreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28201

And I don't get how you me thinking Superman can beat Thanos and Surfer makes me a DC fanboy. You and the other Thanos and Surfer support just can't stand it, but you need to get over it, I still say he can beat them, that's not going to change until I see something that makes think Surfer or Thanos whould beat him. And btw, I say Supes whould take the majority in a battle against them (one on one of course, so don't go try to mix up my words saying I think he can beat both of them at the same time, since you can't stand for anyone to think Supes can beat them), not Supes takes this ancsd10 rwkfr milliontnwoe timesfneuernw outeowwnmillion eeob against them like some fanboy.

Again, chill with the angry attacks. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Didn't mean to make you feel attacked. Sorry.

Alright Vamp.....Lets do this...

What can Superman do to someone who has leagues better energy projection, is insanely faster, and is arguably more durable than him??

Can you please dictate how Superman beats this being?? That doesn't involve this being, dumbing down and going hand to hand??

Please explain how he wins....Just this once.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:14 AM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

What can Superman do to someone who has leagues better energy projection, is insanely faster, and is arguably more durable than him??

Can you please dictate how Superman beats this being?? That doesn't involve this being, dumbing down and going hand to hand??

[Dvamp] you see Superman is Super and he can speedblitz and survive 100000000 nukes at once.Superman also has heat vision Surfer can't fly without his board so he loses.....[Dvamp]

Sorry couldn't resist......... embarrasment

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:19 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

How about restoring their threads instead, I'm not going to argue in a thread on a different topic.

Made by DW

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:19 AM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Originally posted by Skeets
[Dvamp] you see Superman is Super and he can speedblitz and survive 100000000 nukes at once.Superman also has heat vision Surfer can't fly without his board so he loses.....[Dvamp]

Sorry couldn't resist......... embarrasment

Read more of the thread before trying to be sarcastic, there's some pretty good arguements on both sides. smile

Made by DW

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:20 AM
HaSon

If you've ever read Joe Casey's interviews about Superman, it's not hard to see where dvamp is coming from.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:22 AM
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

No need to do all that. Can't you just briefly post how Superman wins, and then i'll leave it at that?? Finding and resurrecting an old thread is too much work this early in the evening.

Vally, i think i may have. IIRC, one time he said that if he needs Superman to move a galaxy, then he will have him move a galaxy. He did the same for Majestros. If wrong, please elaborate Validus.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:22 AM
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by dvampire
Read more of the thread before trying to be sarcastic, there's some pretty good arguements on both sides. smile

No!!........

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:23 AM
HaSon

Vally, i think i may have. IIRC, one time he said that if he needs Superman to move a galaxy, then he will have him move a galaxy. He did the same for Majestros. If wrong, please elaborate Validus.

That's basically it. His Superman is basically unbeatable.

quote:
And, of course, just why it is that Superman can’t be beat. Not by Darkseid (Can Darkseid beat Superman? Casey: "He’ll never beat Superman"). Not by Doomsday (Is Superman more powerful than Doomsday? Casey: "Yes"). Not by anyone. You’ll see.

quote:
I've always seen Superman as this completely over-the-top, fantastic character who has *no* limits whatsoever. He's an icon, an idea, a concept... and I didn't want to spend time adhering to Handbook-style stats when it came to his abilities.

quote:
At that point, Superman is unbeatable. Had he not snapped out of it when Doomsday got fried, he might’ve been able to stop Imperiex right then and there.

http://www.comicboards.com/joecasey-rc.php

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:27 AM
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

I just read the same interview. And while he may chose to write like that, it kinda disrespects the history of other characters. At least it does so imo. So even while sundipped superman maybe more powerful, if Thor can absorb all that extra power, and has done so to others many times, but when facing Casy Superman and doesn't, does that means he lost while fighting at his best?? Not at all.
Same thing with Surfer. Yeah, his chances of failure are greatest when he fights below his optimum.

So thats the gist right there.
Everybody else fights below par, while Superman operates above it........Any people wonder why the guy has haters/detractors?? Jobbing goes hand in hand with him and all popular heroes.

Considering what Imperiex represented, had sundipped Superman stopped him, i wouldn't have been surprised. Disappointed, yes at the predictability, but not surprised.

Vally, did you do all this to make me think Vamp is Joe Casey?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:35 AM
olympian

"Some guy named Jellyrobes who posts at

http://www.superherochat.net/phpBB2...9af275c947ef29f

You think Whirly or Dvampire was bad?? Meet Jelly. He's articulate, but totally biased. Not totally unfounded though, due to the things DC has been printing for the past few years. Mr. I can do anything man has replaced Superman.
His defense of Superman is contradicting, but almost admirable. He really goes to bat for the guy"

Ah THAT Jelly. I lurk at SHC, i know who the chap is.

Wirly compared with that guy is nothing bad. I actually see him with a good sense of humor overall. Jelly is just overall bad.

Altho Drizz its far worse than him, i can tell you that.

Last edited by olympian on Jun 11th, 2006 at 11:32 AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 11:24 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Vally, did you do all this to make me think Vamp is Joe Casey?

laughing out loud

No, just that when you have writers like that who do believe Superman can beat all comers it's not hard to see why someone would have that opinion. OWAW basically says Superman is unbeatable with the way he was outperforming his peers. Of course, they were all running around like idiots but still. wink

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 04:56 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

OWAW was ridiculous, I mean ....

A. Galactus clone - Anyone who doesn't notice that is retarded , if i was in Stan Lee's shoes Dc would be looking at a hefty lawsuit.

B. Inconsistencies - Ahh , so apparently if a women dons cheap looking gold armour then she can suddenly take on beings which slap around God-Man (He is no longer Super , Super would infer limits , such as mega being higher) , and said beings seem to drastically drop in durability and overall power as the mini continues. I see , the suck must bleed into the comics the longer the farce is held out.

C. Doomsday - Yes , let's bring back a walking plot device only to have him killed.....then brought back again !

D. Brainiac - Send yourself to the beginning of time , great idea dumbass . Just forget that the source controls all the power released then. So even IF you somehow survived the ****-only-knows how big explosion then you have to somehow filter the power form an entity so high on the food chain it makes you look like a dust mite in comparison .

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:46 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote