KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » The Simpsons Movie

Total: votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Simpsons Movie
Started by: anthonystop18

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dinglehopper
Future Disney Animator

I am looking forward to this Movie. It should have some real good humor in it. I agree though, you have to be a fan of the show to even think this is going to be that great on the big screen.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 09:20 PM
Dinglehopper is currently offline Click here to Send Dinglehopper a Private Message Find more posts by Dinglehopper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I saw abot five mins of the trailer one sunday night.(AT WORK)But did not get much of a chance to see what the plot is really like.I will have to drag my hushand to be to see it with me since he hates the show!
BUt I will see it when it co mes out.Not the first day but close to it!jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 10th, 2007 02:41 AM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I wonder if the three-eyed fish will make an appearance.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 02:48 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willman
Commander Keen FTW

i believe its called 'blinkey'

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 03:41 PM
willman is currently offline Click here to Send willman a Private Message Find more posts by willman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

He rocks!jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 02:09 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

man. this trailer looked as bland as the last four seasons of the simpsons.

Im still seeing it though.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 02:24 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'll go see it this weekend. I hope it's not as bland as the last 5 seasons have been.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 04:16 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

so has anybody seen it?

I saw it yesterday and thought it was good, not long enough, but definetly entertaining and funny. it felt like a long episode, far better than last season, but not that much special.

the production value it's really high, not 3d, but you can CG in it, altough not it's not that obvious, wich it's good

love the opening: even though you've seen the last trailer, seeing Ralph doing the TU tu tu music of the 20th century fox logo, it's still funny, and then Green Day singing the "Da da da da da" of the simpsons' theme, awesome!, it's funny how they get booed for preaching big grin

favourite quotes (that I can remember from the top of my head):

-Why pay for something that I can see on TV for free?! (Homer)

-I like men now! (Ralph Wiggum)

-(Ned Flanders)The Good Lord is telling me to confess to something...
(Homer)*crossing fingers*Gay gay gay gay gay gay

-I was elected to lead, not to read (the Governator)

-(Marge): How did the pig tracks get on the ceiling?
*cuts to Homer holding a pig to the ceiling*
(Homer): *singing Tune to Spider-Man Theme Song* Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig. / Does whatever a Spider-Pig does. / Can he swing / from a web? / No he *can't*, / cause he's a "pig". / Look out! / He is the "Spider-Pig"!

-He's not Spider-Pig anymore, he's Harry Plopper (Homer)

-(Homer): Awww, my boy loves Alaska so much he's applauding it! Lisa, why aren't you clapping?
(Lisa): But dad!
(Homer): *Pints at Lisa* Clap for Alaska!
*Lisa and Bart clap together. Avalanche shoves Homer down the mountain, into a cabin*

-...If you see me, please leave me alone! (Tom Hanks)

- I guess that's the result of 5 generations of inbreeding (Russ Cargill)

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Jul 27th, 2007 at 04:37 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 04:30 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I loved it.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 07:40 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I loved this movie. It was everything I could have hoped for.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 12:40 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nordicdusk

Very funny film.
I love the part with homer pretending to have a chainsaw and when the arms retract all the eyes are looking in at him.
Also when homer is escaping through the hole and moe shouts i can still see his head quick scrape at it.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 04:20 PM
Nordicdusk is currently offline Click here to Send Nordicdusk a Private Message Find more posts by Nordicdusk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Wag

It was better than I expected, I think it help the series out alot.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 04:42 PM
D-Wag is currently offline Click here to Send D-Wag a Private Message Find more posts by D-Wag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidey-dude
Restricted

Account Restricted

Attachment: flanders.gif
This has been downloaded 108 time(s).

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 12:37 AM
spidey-dude is currently offline Click here to Send spidey-dude a Private Message Find more posts by spidey-dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I was satisfied leaving the theater...Who am i kidding i pirated the shit out of this movie, but i was satisfied getting up form my pc when the movie was over. I liked it enough to possibly pay to see it again. A few of the jokes fell flat, and as a fan of the show since the beginning i was hoping for some inside jokes. OVerall though i thought it was a great transfer to the bigscreen for the show. I didnt feel as though the movie was to long. Infact i felt as though i had spent only a half hour watching the movie. The animation was pure simpsons as was the jokes. My only dissapointments is that i was hoping for a bit more mature jokes as well as something that would have connected the entire history of the show. As a simpsons fan however, i was satisfied and even appreciated the heart they included into the movie that used to be an ingrediant of the show. id give it 7/10 as a comedy and an unoffensive family film

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 06:29 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Just got back and to be honest it was better than I was expecting, but not as good as I was hoping.

It had a few moments of emotion and heart, which is the main thing lacking in the newer episodes, but these moments felt forced and melodramatic, almost like the writers forgot how to make them organic and natural over the years. Still, at least they tried and the scenes were somewhat effective.

The humor was a bit all over the place. Some jokes got laughs, but the movie was missing those "that will go down in history" joke that some of the great episodes have in spades. Some jokes just failed, the whole spider pig thing was dumb.

Still a fun movie, though. Definitely enjoyable, just don't go in expecting anything like the great episodes of lore and you'll enjoy it.

There were some inside jokes for series fans, though. Particularly when they attempt jump over springfield gorge, keep your eyes open at that point and you'll catch a nice little ode to what may be the first truley great simpsons episode - Bart the Daredevil.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 07:09 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

I was quite satisfied. but the truth be told. it is really no more than a longer episode. not to give a negative to it. it was great,

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 10:03 AM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I just got back from the theater and I must say I enjoyed this movie. I'm not going to write a review or anything, but I will say that it wasn't perfect, but it definitely did not suck. The only thing that truly pissed me off was the fact that my favorite Simpsons character, Groundskeeper Willie, didn't have any screen time.

I give it 8/10.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 03:07 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

My philosophy on this movie is simple.

Never in my life I paid to see an episode of The Simpsons. I get it for free on national TV. My local Fox network channel shows at least 3 episodes of The Simpsons every day. So I see no reason to buy a ticket and go watch the movie. Much less even getting the DVD when it's release.

I'll wait 3 years from now when the movie is shown on national tv (which I'm sure Fox will aired the movie at least 100 times) to watch it. I'm not a Simpsons fan like I was before. Hope you guys have fun. Be back in a couple of years with a review.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 06:15 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
this trailer looked as bland as the last four seasons of the simpsons.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I hope it's not as bland as the last 5 seasons have been.

I used to think that was a bandwagon opinion, though it's now clear to me everyone has independently come to individual, literate conclusions on the matter.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 01:18 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

The first nine seasons are great, but afterwards it really lost its' touch. Although I hear this is a return to form, hopefully I'll catch it tomorrow.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 03:58 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote