KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Magneto: The Debate

villain Or Not?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes he's a Villain 24 38.10%
No, he just wants whats best. 39 61.90%
Total: 63 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Magneto: The Debate
Started by: Vinny Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UltimateStryfe
absolutely not.

House of M worked out fine. but just for mutants. the hate goes both ways. It just as easily could of been Magneto was a human in a House of M type world.

a villain CAN do what is best. he is just a villain cause the X-Men are the heroes. Look at Days of Future Now. He was the savior of mutants in the world he saw coming. And all the mutants knew it. Wolverine admitted that they needed him.

thats only one possible future though isn't it?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 02:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega-level

He's a villain. A villain who is not one-dimensional, who has a point, and most of the time is not completely wrong, but it's a villain because his means are unacceptable (destroy all mankind), and he puts himself as morally superior to humans, but doing the same as the worse of them. And it's not like he's altruistic, he really wants to rule the mutants. But he's not actually a bad person, who would kill and torture just for the heck of it, like Sabretooth, he honestly believes he's right.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 04:06 AM
Omega-level is currently offline Click here to Send Omega-level a Private Message Find more posts by Omega-level Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

Yeah, he's a villain. yes

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 05:02 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sabretooth
I was dead. I got better.

Originally posted by K3VIL
Magneto fights and his reasons are understandable.
We live in a world where having not-white skin is still considered a problem or something wrong from most of the people, some of them are just sufficiently smart to avoid saying it.
Think about a world where from one day to another young and not young people show superhuman powers, phase shifting, superstrength, flight, energy manipulation and so.
Probably the reactions would make Hitler looking like a pacifist.

We also live in a world where targeting innocent people to accomplish your goals is something the bad guys do. We're not talking about a few innocents dying because a military target was hit, we're talking about killing harmless people just to get your point across. Sounds like a villain to me.

Last edited by Sabretooth on Aug 5th, 2006 at 06:00 AM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 05:56 AM
Sabretooth is currently offline Click here to Send Sabretooth a Private Message Find more posts by Sabretooth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

Originally posted by Sabretooth
We also live in a world where targeting innocent people to accomplish your goals is something the bad guys do. We're not talking about a few innocents dying because a military target was hit, we're talking about killing harmless people just to get your point across. Sounds like a villain to me.
yes

mon ami

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 06:00 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

Originally posted by Sabretooth

wow this sounds like some president of some country....

by Scythe

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 06:43 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sabretooth
I was dead. I got better.

Originally posted by Paola
wow this sounds like some president of some country....

pffft. Whatever. Can we please try to keep this on topic before I stupidly say something that's going to get me banned? I'll be happy to discuss our differing points on global politics either privately or in a "random" room if you would like...

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 07:09 AM
Sabretooth is currently offline Click here to Send Sabretooth a Private Message Find more posts by Sabretooth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

nah, I'm not interested in politics nor you get banned or not

point is Magneto is considered a villain by some and a hero or a wise man for others, it depends on how you look at him...

by Scythe

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 07:40 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega-level

quote:
point is Magneto is considered a villain by some and a hero or a wise man for others, it depends on how you look at him...

I'm not saying they are in the same level, because they are not, but the same can be said about Hitler or Osama Bin Laden...

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 05:33 PM
Omega-level is currently offline Click here to Send Omega-level a Private Message Find more posts by Omega-level Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Im not sure what to say really. I really dont blame him for behaving the way he does. See it from his point of view..... his parents were killed by humans who thought his parents were humans.

This is what Magento is thinking, if human beings try to exterminate each other how the **** are they going to let mutants live in peace? That is a valid point.

Imagine your a human living in the Marvel Universe. What would you think? Should you be scared? Yeah you should, even if mutants are not evil depending on what there powers are the chances are they maybe superior to you in alot of ways.

So if your a human living in the marvel universe you had better get yourself some super powers.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 02:46 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain_WV
The Defender of WV

Originally posted by Omega-level
I'm not saying they are in the same level, because they are not, but the same can be said about Hitler or Osama Bin Laden...

Speaking of the Nazi, Magneto grew up in Nazi Germany, he saw first hand what it was like to be abused for you birth, be it mutant or Jewish, i dont think Magneto wants or wanted his ppl , the mutants, from becoming that next set of jews, is it wrong to want to protect YOUR ppl at the cost of possible future agressors?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 04:30 AM
Captain_WV is currently offline Click here to Send Captain_WV a Private Message Find more posts by Captain_WV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

Magneto isn't anymore of a villain then Wolverine is (IMO for the dumb). evil face

I LOVE ME SOME ME Professor X respect thread

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 04:15 PM
Moses Morrison is currently offline Click here to Send Moses Morrison a Private Message Find more posts by Moses Morrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

causing chaos, attacking folk doing what is not in the majorities interest is rather villianous or not?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 08:47 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixPhury14

It's a interesting question,yes.

But sadly,he is a villain.

He does want what's best for mutants...BUT,he's willing to do anything to get it,including killing innocent people.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 05:39 AM
PhoenixPhury14 is currently offline Click here to Send PhoenixPhury14 a Private Message Find more posts by PhoenixPhury14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Originally posted by PhoenixPhury14
It's a interesting question,yes.

But sadly,he is a villain.

He does want what's best for mutants...BUT,he's willing to do anything to get it,including killing innocent people.

Some people would ldo the same and not be labeled a Villian.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 05:50 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixPhury14

Everyone has different ideas of what a villain is,my opinion is that Magneto may not be as pure evil as some of the other villains,but he could in fact be labled as a villain.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 06:31 AM
PhoenixPhury14 is currently offline Click here to Send PhoenixPhury14 a Private Message Find more posts by PhoenixPhury14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UltimateStryfe
The Spirit of Vengeance

"Some of the worst things immagineable have been done with the best intentions."

-Allen Grant, Jurasic Park III

'sup guys. good to be back

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 03:31 AM
UltimateStryfe is currently offline Click here to Send UltimateStryfe a Private Message Find more posts by UltimateStryfe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

I think it depends on whose point of view you look at it from....I mean in the end it's war between mutants and humanity....there is no right or wrong in war...no heroes or villians...just loss...and death....

So now that I think about it...I may not agree with his ethos but I wouldn't consider him a villian...maybe that's why in Secret Wars he was placed on the heroes side...

Depends on the writer...

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Oct 7th, 2006 at 12:00 AM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 11:56 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote