KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Americanized foriegn movies

Americanized foriegn movies
Started by: BakaXero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

Americanized foriegn movies

what are your thoughts?

i just recently saw a trailer called the lake house and relised it's a remake of the Korean Movie Il Marie. i don't know if it's gonna be good but i was annoyed when i heard about them making "my sassy girl" both of thhese a movies with Jeon Ji Hyun
as the main actress.

i don;t know about you but if the movie was great and the Amerivenise and it turns out crap. I'll be pissed no expression

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 05:22 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

Well, I've read somewhere that they are going to remake Battle Royale (japanese movie) I don't really understand why... erm

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 06:09 AM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

New Line are trying to buy the rights to Battle Royale, or they have already.

I went into Ill Mare in the Lakehouse topic in General forum.

They are remaking A Tale Of Two Sister also, a bunch of other foreign films that DO NOT need a remake.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 04:42 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

reasons why i believe that many foriegn movie shouldn't be remade is because what was so great about the originals were the personalities of the characters brought to life by the original actors can not be recreated and sometime that's what brought the movies it's original success.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 12:03 PM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jeffer_wrote
my preciousssssssss

i am against it. take IL MARE's LAKE HOUSE, for instance, i found it too.........."Hollywood-ized". It did not have any of the charm of the original. it simply did not live up to IL MARE.

BATTLE ROYALE??????????????? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is so going to turn into a teen-flick. Who's gonna star in it? The likes of Paris Hilton a la House of Wax? jaysus!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 12:13 AM
jeffer_wrote is currently offline Click here to Send jeffer_wrote a Private Message Find more posts by jeffer_wrote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kryzula
Nihilistic Schizoid

They are remaking Oldboy. =/
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 10:41 PM
Kryzula is currently offline Click here to Send Kryzula a Private Message Find more posts by Kryzula Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

What's the name of the japanese version of The Ring? btw, btw...

by Scythe

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 06:37 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Ringu. As for remaking foreign movies, whine whine whine. The Magnificent Seven was an American remake of Seven Samurai, and it was prety damn well-received. So was The Ring, for that matter. And The Birdcage.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 10:52 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

in general they dont do it very well

diabolique, city of angels, unfaithful, swept away, the vanishing,

although 12 monkeys was a cool remake of la jette and vanilla sky was a reasonable effort at open your eyes

it can be masterful when its done the other way..."the beat that my heart skipped" is a superb french version of "fingers" starring harvey keitel

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 10:43 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gregory
Ringu. As for remaking foreign movies, whine whine whine. The Magnificent Seven was an American remake of Seven Samurai, and it was prety damn well-received. So was The Ring, for that matter. And The Birdcage.

The Ring sucked all together.

and this just in... Lakehouse is nothing compared to the original no expression

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 11:20 PM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

The Ring was about as good as Ringu. Better, in some respects. And no, I'm not "pissed" about the Lake House. Why the hell would anyone be pissed because someone botched a remake? Just don't watch the damn thing.

Last edited by Gregory on Aug 10th, 2006 at 11:55 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 11:52 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

I never said the original was good. no expression
no one said anything about you being pissed about a movie erm
man, i have no idea what comments you're replying to.
people get pissed off about stuffed up remakes, cause the orignal was good and they have destroyed some of it's original value by making a crap version. no expression

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 01:33 AM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
i don;t know about you but if the movie was great and the Amerivenise and it turns out crap. I'll be pissed

quote:
no one said anything about you being pissed about a movie

quote:
they have destroyed some of it's original value by making a crap version

How?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 02:47 AM
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

quote:
don;t know about you but if the movie was great and the Amerivenise and it turns out crap. I'll be pissed

quote:
no one said anything about you being pissed about a movie

no expression
Perfectly good movies do no need to be remade. Usually when a movie is remade it shoould be at least an improvement on the original. Remaking a great movie just for the purpose of americanising it is stupid. It lacks many of the original values of character and atmoshere that have been created by the Actors and scenary. You can not duplicate the persona that the original actors gave it. The mood of the original is another thing that can not be replicated. There is no way you can tell me that you fell the same about any Movie from their original to their American counterpart.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 04:38 AM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Originally posted by BakaXero
There is no way you can tell me that you fell the same about any Movie from their original to their American counterpart.

As a matter of fact, I just mentioned a remake that I thought matched the original. If you didn't like either version, it's not my problem.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 03:24 PM
Solo

Originally posted by jaden101
in general they dont do it very well

diabolique, city of angels, unfaithful, swept away, the vanishing,

although 12 monkeys was a cool remake of la jette and vanilla sky was a reasonable effort at open your eyes

it can be masterful when its done the other way..."the beat that my heart skipped" is a superb french version of "fingers" starring harvey keitel

I wouldn't even come close to saying 12 Monkeys is a remake of La Jetee. The writer said it was 12 Monkeys was based off of some key elements from the film. But obviously it didn't steal any characters, conflicts, the whole premise is moderately different.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 12:20 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah both are very different, both good too.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 04:33 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote