KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Can Wolverine cut Luke Cage's skin?

Can Wolverine cut Luke Cage's skin?
Started by: Wolverine2006

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Not sure exactly, I would say somewhere between level 25-50 or so. His skin is pretty unbreakable, although not totally invulnerable.

Falcon used a vibranium needle to pierce his skin and get a blood sample a little while ago.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 01:18 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UltimateStryfe
The Spirit of Vengeance

cool. so Bullseye could kill him with an adamantium paperclip????? laughing

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 01:19 AM
UltimateStryfe is currently offline Click here to Send UltimateStryfe a Private Message Find more posts by UltimateStryfe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UltimateStryfe
i think he can. but can he cut Colossus?

Hulk is bullet proof.
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
hulk is very bulletproof

no he isnt...for the last time... i will explain this... The hulk has a healing factor so fast that when when he gets shot, the cells heal near instantaneously around the bullet making it appear to "bounce off"

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 02:12 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

what level is he at now with strength and durability? like, what is his skin's properties similar too?
In the latest handbook Cage is listed at 25 tons and level 5 durability which is lower than Thing, Namor, Rhino etc.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 02:20 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcousticDoc

cage's skin almost wasn't strong enough for him to survive his apartment getting shot with an rpg.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 06:29 AM
AcousticDoc is currently offline Click here to Send AcousticDoc a Private Message Find more posts by AcousticDoc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

Originally posted by AcousticDoc
cage's skin almost wasn't strong enough for him to survive his apartment getting shot with an rpg.
i thought that was silly tooo.,...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 10:49 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

He could probably cut it with the right amount of force, the real question is does wolverine have the strength to put the claws through the skin????

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 11:33 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Here, from Wikipedia:

Luke Cage possesses superhuman strength, endurance, and resistance to injury as a result of his participation in dangerous (and highly controversial) experiments while in prison, and his power has seemingly increased by an order of magnitude since his original transformation. Cage could originally lift about 3 tons but, over the years (and due to several more experiments on him) his strength has increased to the 35 ton range.

This same experiment has fortified the various tissues of Cage's body, granting him a high degree of resistance to injury. Cage's skin is harder than titanium and can resist high caliber bullets, puncture wounds, corrosives, and extreme temperatures and pressures without sustaining damage. Even though Cage is practically invulnerable to conventional weaponry, it is possible to injure him with adamantium weapons. The same experiment that granted him his great strength and durability, has also slightly increased his ability to heal. As a side-effect of the fortified tissue of his body, the density of that tissue is greater than an ordinary human. The only drawback to such an ability is that when he does sustain serious injury, medical care is difficult given doctors' inability to get past his hardened skin as in the Secret War limited series.

And I have doubts about the Hulk's skin not being highly invunerable, rather than just his healing factor sealing the wounds so fast it seems bullets bounce off. Even after they established his healing factor in 1987, we saw for years bullets just bounced right off him; the Hulk would even say how they would just bounce off him too, to his opponent.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Last edited by roughrider on Jun 20th, 2006 at 03:16 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 03:12 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by willRules
He could probably cut it with the right amount of force, the real question is does wolverine have the strength to put the claws through the skin????

yh pretty much .....wolverine can stab iron man, hulk , thing,and loads of other chrecters with class 6 /7 durability and is probably at class 5 strength at minimum

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 09:30 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by King KAM
no he isnt...for the last time... i will explain this... The hulk has a healing factor so fast that when when he gets shot, the cells heal near instantaneously around the bullet making it appear to "bounce off"

if his healing factor is so fast why can he be cut by wolverine?....why caN ARROWS NOT PEIRCE HIS EYELID? HULK has very thick skin which is grenade ...gun ...(johnny torches )nova flame proof
it takes great strength tpo peirce him or harm him not quick healinbg because if this woudl be teh case hulk would never get hurt and have durabilty like superman

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 09:33 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolverine2006
X-man

I dont even understand why they wuld say that Luke Cage's skin is impenetrably...LIARS.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 09:36 PM
Wolverine2006 is currently offline Click here to Send Wolverine2006 a Private Message Find more posts by Wolverine2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

Originally posted by ankur29
if his healing factor is so fast why can he be cut by wolverine?....why caN ARROWS NOT PEIRCE HIS EYELID? HULK has very thick skin which is grenade ...gun ...(johnny torches )nova flame proof
it takes great strength tpo peirce him or harm him not quick healinbg because if this woudl be teh case hulk would never get hurt and have durabilty like superman
sorry but that is straight from marvel kid, i know you thing you are right, but you arent, your wrong.

Hulk isnt bullet proof its his healing factor. And i dont care what you Think, marvel has explained it, so put that in your pipe and cheif it.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 12:52 AM
UltimateStryfe
The Spirit of Vengeance

then why to the ricochet in a different direction?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 01:50 AM
UltimateStryfe is currently offline Click here to Send UltimateStryfe a Private Message Find more posts by UltimateStryfe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

then why to the ricochet in a different direction?
because they are being pushed out faster than pushed in, is like shootings into rubber almost, but is isnt the skin bouncin em, its the factor.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 01:54 AM
UltimateStryfe
The Spirit of Vengeance

so, the healing factor is soooo fast that it is stopping the flying bullet completely, then propelling it away as fast as if it were fired from a gun?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 02:01 AM
King KAM

so, the healing factor is soooo fast that it is stopping the flying bullet completely, then propelling it away as fast as if it were fired from a gun?
thats what the writers say.
I mean he is a nuclear powered human.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 02:04 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Just curious, what writers, do you have any specific instances of this being stated? I for one have always taken him as having a near impervious hide.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 02:13 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Just curious, what writers, do you have any specific instances of this being stated? I for one have always taken him as having a near impervious hide.
marvel universe books, and official bios.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 02:19 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Okay, just wondering where I could check it out. It must be a highly active healing factor to not just heal from a bullet wound, but reconstitute cellular matter so fast it repels the bullet.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 02:50 AM
UltimateStryfe
The Spirit of Vengeance

maybe that's why he gets stronger when he's angry. he generates more muscle mass quickly.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 02:55 AM