KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » LOTR movies vs. books

LOTR movies vs. books
Started by: OhILuvHP

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lotrtres3414

umm i dont care you choose you are more creative

dont cry that its over-smile that it happened

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:47 PM
lotrtres3414 is currently offline Click here to Send lotrtres3414 a Private Message Find more posts by lotrtres3414 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OhILuvHP
alright elessea-NO NEED TO BE RUDE ABOUT IT! just cuz you think its some sappy beautiful story doesnt mean everyone else thinks that-maybe lotrtres3414 just liked the action scenes-so dont go sayin mean things about OUR OPINIONS-and the reason I was compairing them is cuz i think the movies are WAY BETTER! y would i try to read the books when i think they are boring. so MY OPINION is that the MOVIES ARE BETTER THAN THE BOOKS! and if you dont like being here, then dont come

sad If your typing skills are as bad as your reading skills then I wouldn't read either. Just kidding.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:59 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

Originally posted by DanielLB
Surely if its youtr fav bit in the book, you would know exactly what happened?

You would think so wouldnt you!! But it was a few years ago since I read the books. I just remeber that part for some reason and was looking forward to it in the movies.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 12:29 AM
Rampant ox is currently offline Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OhILuvHP

Originally posted by Sin Harvest
sad If your typing skills are as bad as your reading skills then I wouldn't read either. Just kidding.

excuse me-how do i have bad typing skills? um...no need to freak out over nothing-seriously. i like the movies and you like the books. we are two (like....TOTALLY) different people.....JUST LIKE YOU SAID! so if you cant say anything nice....PLEASE dont say anything AT ALL! i dont want to hear your snobby comments. thankyou very much! ~im out~

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 05:04 AM
OhILuvHP is currently offline Click here to Send OhILuvHP a Private Message Find more posts by OhILuvHP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

alright elessea-NO NEED TO BE RUDE ABOUT IT! just cuz you think its some sappy beautiful story doesnt mean everyone else thinks that-maybe lotrtres3414 just liked the action scenes-so dont go sayin mean things about OUR OPINIONS-and the reason I was compairing them is cuz i think the movies are WAY BETTER! y would i try to read the books when i think they are boring. so MY OPINION is that the MOVIES ARE BETTER THAN THE BOOKS! and if you dont like being here, then dont come

I wasn't being rude, i was pointing out a fact. You've seen the movies, yes? So you are completely justified in saying they're awesome, your favortie movies, the best movies ever, whatever. But if you haven't read the books you can't say they're BETTER than the book, simply because you don't know. You've never read them. That's all I was saying. You can't rightfully compare two things unless you've experience them both.

(And please try not to use slang. Proper English is greatly appreciated.)

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 06:18 AM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Originally posted by Rampant ox
You would think so wouldnt you!! But it was a few years ago since I read the books. I just remeber that part for some reason and was looking forward to it in the movies.

lol laughing Going to read the books this year? I am, gonna start with the Silmarillion this timebig grin

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 09:11 AM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OhILuvHP

OH! and you know what? i HAVE read a lord of the rings book. i read the HOBBIT! so there! dont go sayin mean stuff....ok?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 04:57 PM
OhILuvHP is currently offline Click here to Send OhILuvHP a Private Message Find more posts by OhILuvHP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lotrtres3414

hahah i love the hobbit!!! now there is a really good book writen by tolkien!!!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 05:33 PM
lotrtres3414 is currently offline Click here to Send lotrtres3414 a Private Message Find more posts by lotrtres3414 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

But again. You can't compare things unless you've experianced both. If you read fellowship of the ring and watched it...then you could say which you thought was better. But if you've only done one, you don't know.

...I don't know why I bother.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 05:37 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OhILuvHP

seriously-why are you getting so worked up about it? i've seen all of the movies. i DID read the fellowship, but i got half-way through the book and they hadn't even made the fellowship-so maybe i need to read books before i see movies-i dont know-but DONT BOTHER if you dont want to cause I DONT WANT YOU TO BOTHER! JUST LEAVE IF YOU WANA BE SO MEAN ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!! seriously....i dont know why im bothering with YOU!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 06:09 PM
OhILuvHP

and lotrtres HAS experienced both-so she CAN say something about it. and if she likes the fighting more than the BEAUTY (w/e), then she can and you have absolutely NO RIGHT to say anything against that. so you can just leave if you wana be mean. and if you hate being here, then WHY do you keep coming back?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 06:10 PM
lotrtres3414

hhahaah why thankyou OHiluvHP!!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 06:17 PM
Elessea

Hahaha. The intelligance levels of some people amuse me.

I'm here because at one time this forum was awesome, and we had intelligant conversation and cool people. But they're mostly gone now. And I love Lord of the Rings, and I wish people could disagree civilly and have a discussion rather than get mad at each other because their opinions differ.

Its a DISCUSSION forum. Therefore you can discuss, which is all we're doing. No one's being mean. I just wanted to know your reasoning behind your opinion. If you're going to make a statement, back it up.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 07:45 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

excuse me-how do i have bad typing skills? um...no need to freak out over nothing-seriously. i like the movies and you like the books. we are two (like....TOTALLY) different people.....JUST LIKE YOU SAID! so if you cant say anything nice....PLEASE dont say anything AT ALL! i dont want to hear your snobby comments. thankyou very much! ~im out~

I just you can't read either or else you would have seen "Just kidding" meaning I WAS JOKING.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 09:02 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

I know this isn't my place to say OhILuvHP.. but why were you asking Elessea why she was getting so worked up? You're the one that's having a hissy fit. You're the one using capital letters and going off on one. As she said we're here to discuss Lord of the Rings, we're not here to argue. She is justified in what she is saying and she wasn't being mean about it; as she said she was simply stating a fact.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 09:05 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OhILuvHP

First-Sin Harvest, you didn't post that....did you? Cause if you did sorry-i thought it was Elessea (and I got mad cause I was already fired up about her)

Second of all, i WAS here to have a discussion, but then she got mad at me because i said that i liked the movies more than the books, and that i shouldnt be saying anything if i have only read half of the book. The reason i didnt finish the book is because they movies have much more action. but that is MY OPINION. and she got mad at me for that! and the fact that lotr tres said she liked the action parts in the book. she got mad for that!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 07:17 PM
Elessea

I wasn't mad at anyone. I'm sorry if I came across as "mad" you stated your opinion, I stated mine, thats what a discussion is.

we are allowed to disagree.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2006 01:25 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also I would liek to say that is perfectly feasable to like the movies more than the bookes even if you didn't read the book. BEcause as he/she said he read some of the book .And if he couldn't stand the book so much that he couldn't even read the whole thing than he has the right to say he liked the books more.

Anyhoo... I like both equaly. Some of the books had really slwo parts in em, whiel the movie sped up somethings to much, and didn't show some really good stuff that was in the books, such as the scouring of the Shire.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2006 04:14 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OhILuvHP

ok-thankyou BlaxicanTroller!!!

anyways...elessea-so we have both stated our opinions-can we just get over that now?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2006 05:25 AM
Draugwen
The Wanderer

Never seen a thread with that much shouting stick out tongue Must have missed a lot while I was away^^ Anyhow, I can't say I prefer either. Both are awesome, though both have their little flaws... it's something you can't really compare IMO smile

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 09:55 PM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote