KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Nate Grey (X-Man) Respect Thread

Nate Grey (X-Man) Respect Thread
Started by: Rewmac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

DARK X-MEN #2
THE STORY:
X-MAN, A.K.A. NATE GRAY IS BACK! Sadly, the X-Men that he first encounters are Norman Osborn’s X-Men and they don’t like the idea of an Omega-level mutant that won’t tow the company line. Do they have a chance of defeating X-Man? And if they don’t, what does that mean to Osborn’s agenda? Rated T …$3.99

DARK X-MEN # 3
The Story: Nate Grey, a.k.a., X-Man is back and he is not happy with the state of affairs in the Marvel Universe. So he goes straight to the man responsible—Norman Osborn—and it’s not for a nice chat. It’s X-Man vs. the Dark Avengers and Dark X-Men. Can this Omega class mutant survive this matchup? Find out here! Rated T …$3.99

DARK X-MEN #4 (of 5)
What has X-Man done to Norman Osborn? Whatever it is, it must be extreme because the Dark X-Men are making a journey into Osborn’s mind to fix it! But once they’re in, can they survive the depths of madness they find in the dark corners of Norman’s mental minefield?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 11:16 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

I wouldn't say he overloaded Omega, just made him go crazy with a different personality (which has happened before). If he did over-load Omega it would be a repeat of North Pole, Alaska.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 08:54 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Well I would say that, if it was the simple case of the Nate’s energies driving him mad. And strictly that, I would agree with you.

However we where treated, with’s Omega reference to the size and inability to contain said energy. Only to explode in mid air, that’s more or less overloading.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 04:31 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by id369
Well I would say that, if it was the simple case of the Nate’s energies driving him mad. And strictly that, I would agree with you.

However we where treated, with’s Omega reference to the size and inability to contain said energy. Only to explode in mid air, that’s more or less overloading.

Except he really didn't explode like he normaly does, so no it wasn't an overload. More like a sudden spike of power and then didn't adapt to it quick enough. As I mentioned this has happened before meh!

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 08:46 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by -K-M-
Except he really didn't explode like he normaly does, so no it wasn't an overload. More like a sudden spike of power and then didn't adapt to it quick enough. As I mentioned this has happened before meh!

Your going to have to point out, how this has happened before. Because your explanation, is neither convincing or adding up.

So far Omega’s depiction fit’s the vary definition of overloading. The fact that he exploded, pretty much seals it. Regardless of how big or small the explosion took place.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/98...kxmen010012.jpg
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/40...kxmen010013.jpg
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/...kxmen010014.jpg
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/473/darkxmen010016.jpg
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/...kxmen010017.jpg

To load too heavily.
n.__ (o'v?r-lod')
An excessive load.

1553, "to load with too great a burden," from over + load (q.v.). The noun is attested from 1645; of electrical current, from 1904.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 09:54 PM
-K-M-

Same thing happened in Marvel Comics Presents (vol.2) and that was him just losing control of his own power. It happened pretty regularly during the 12 issue run and he would take different personalities and going insane *shrugs*. I have seen those scans, and he didn't even really explode, huge difference to what happened in New Avengers. You cant even compare the two *shrugs*

An overload can happen when there is a sudden surge and you cant compensate for the flow, just like what happened here and what exactally happened in MCP *shrugs*

Last edited by -K-M- on Nov 17th, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 10:05 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Alrighty.

Let me put it to you this way, so you can understand where I am coming from. I put together a an info/respect thread. And I try to word an explanation, as short & simple. So in order for me to cut time, and be on point. I need to pick the word that best describes the situation.

Well in this case, “overload” is the most accurate word to describe Omega Weapon’s situation.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 10:30 PM
-K-M-

Fair enough thumb up

Also did I miss something? where did the "Sun King" title come from?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 12:48 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by -K-M-
Fair enough thumb up

Also did I miss something? where did the "Sun King" title come from?

Besides sounding incredibly badass. Best answer I could find.

on the Sun King note, I like that Cornell is bringing back the "character theme song/playlist". that was one of the best parts of Wisdom. made the whole experience more fun, (though it got a bit frustrating tracking them down since there were one or 2 obscure songs) but this time he just went with the Beatles.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 01:01 AM
Peterlane mk11
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where did you get that Nate is fighting The Sentry soon? Link please

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 05:20 PM
Peterlane mk11 is currently offline Click here to Send Peterlane mk11 a Private Message Find more posts by Peterlane mk11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 05:56 AM
tjcoady

Nate Grey's feats in Dark X-Men Three are just insane.

He:
1). Forces Venom to recall an event "pyschosomatically," a word which means, basically, the body feels something because of the mind. He makes Venom relive being frozen, which demolishes the symbiote; I have never seen a telepath do that.

2). Either he a). overwhelmed the Sentry's mental defenses with utterly no effort or b). was capable of ignoring the Sentry's "mindwipe" of the world; which more or less by definition, means Nate Grey has the most powerful mind on earth (with the possible exception of Doc Strange, who also recalled). Beings as powerful as the Xavier did not remember the Sentry at all.

3). Responds to Daken's pheremone power by just saying "I've tasted every chemical there is," then simple goes intangible when Moonstone tries to attack him, and then just utterly ignores both of them for the rest of the fight. Apparently, unless an opponent has some pretty high level abilities, there just not worth his time. Exactly how a character like Wolverine or Daken should be written when they go up against someone like X-Man.
4). Is able to move into something called "Planck Time" which is outside of time. Awesome feat- looks like X-Man can time travel now, or at least manipulate time.
5). Has over "three hundred ways of seeing."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 04:31 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

given that nate was completely lying to the sentry, he basically only had to telepathically dip into the sentry's head and get a sense of his paranoia and schizophrenia. not saying it wasn't a badass feat, but he just tricked the sentry with some simple psychology [same as norman making skrull-captain marvell have doubts.]

the planck time, to me, was him stepping out of the flow of time into a pocket where the future is visible in all of its potential variations. it also had some attachment to the past, or at least human consciousness, as when he passed through moonstone while in "planck time," she lost a memory. i don't think it involves actual time-travel, though. it's like being a spectator of the timestream instead of actually interacting with it ["hiding amongst time."] and, it should be noted, that ares could get into "the planck length between moments" of his own accord, and nate could bring others into the same sense of "seeing."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 05:11 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

If he can go between Planck times that means he is effectively outside the framerate of the universe. That's a crazy speed feat really.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 01:08 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by tjcoady
Nate Grey's feats in Dark X-Men Three are just insane.

He:
1). Forces Venom to recall an event "pyschosomatically," a word which means, basically, the body feels something because of the mind. He makes Venom relive being frozen, which demolishes the symbiote; I have never seen a telepath do that.

2). Either he a). overwhelmed the Sentry's mental defenses with utterly no effort or b). was capable of ignoring the Sentry's "mindwipe" of the world; which more or less by definition, means Nate Grey has the most powerful mind on earth (with the possible exception of Doc Strange, who also recalled). Beings as powerful as the Xavier did not remember the Sentry at all.

3). Responds to Daken's pheremone power by just saying "I've tasted every chemical there is," then simple goes intangible when Moonstone tries to attack him, and then just utterly ignores both of them for the rest of the fight. Apparently, unless an opponent has some pretty high level abilities, there just not worth his time. Exactly how a character like Wolverine or Daken should be written when they go up against someone like X-Man.
4). Is able to move into something called "Planck Time" which is outside of time. Awesome feat- looks like X-Man can time travel now, or at least manipulate time.
5). Has over "three hundred ways of seeing."

Dark X-men#3

1) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

2) (please log in to view the image)

3) (please log in to view the image)

4&5)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

6) imitates osborn:

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 02:59 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Disappear
given that nate was completely lying to the sentry, he basically only had to telepathically dip into the sentry's head and get a sense of his paranoia and schizophrenia. not saying it wasn't a badass feat, but he just tricked the sentry with some simple psychology [same as norman making skrull-captain marvell have doubts.]

the planck time, to me, was him stepping out of the flow of time into a pocket where the future is visible in all of its potential variations. it also had some attachment to the past, or at least human consciousness, as when he passed through moonstone while in "planck time," she lost a memory. i don't think it involves actual time-travel, though. it's like being a spectator of the timestream instead of actually interacting with it ["hiding amongst time."] and, it should be noted, that ares could get into "the planck length between moments" of his own accord, and nate could bring others into the same sense of "seeing."

It becomes tricky to address, because Nate states that one could possibly meddle with history. Then you have Ares, and Nate battle being witnessed in the past.

Remember Nate brought Mimic to see the same sense, mostly because Mimic copied his powers.

Originally posted by Endless Mike
If he can go between Planck times that means he is effectively outside the framerate of the universe. That's a crazy speed feat really.
A formal answer to speedsters.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 05:19 PM
tjcoady

Originally posted by Disappear

How do you know he was lying to the Sentry? The only thing we know is that he told Osborne he wasn't.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 07:27 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Originally posted by "Id"
It becomes tricky to address, because Nate states that one could possibly meddle with history. Then you have Ares, and Nate battle being witnessed in the past.

Remember Nate brought Mimic to see the same sense, mostly because Mimic copied his powers.

A formal answer to speedsters.

The Nate/Ares fight was one of the best written, most interesting fights I've ever read in a comic. It made you get a real feel for both characters' personalities, abilities, powers, and who they are.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 07:29 AM
Disappear

why do we know nate was lying to the sentry? because we know the canon history of nate, who didn't appear in the 616 timeline until well after the "everyone forget the sentry" coverup took place. he literally couldn't have been sentry's teammate because he was in another dimension/universe and he was potentially not even born yet.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 08:22 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinksushi1

Who was it that defeated X-man in Dark X-Men?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 07:19 AM
pinksushi1 is currently offline Click here to Send pinksushi1 a Private Message Find more posts by pinksushi1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote