KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » AU...Charmed: Essence of the Demon

AU...Charmed: Essence of the Demon
Started by: Darth Macabre

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

AU...Charmed: Essence of the Demon

Hey...This is an AU of Charmed. It's cannon up to the end of Season 5, but after that everything's different. I couldn't stand Charmed Season 6+. So, I decided to rewrite it. Tell me what you think of it....This is Serial...Not episodic.

Chapter 1- The Bars of Tomorrow.

Leo landed with a thud in a dingy cell. Looking around, he could not figure out where he was. Better yet, he had no idea how he got here in the first place. The last thing he remembered was talking to Chris, then orbing up to the other elders. He was thrown out of his thoughts by a deep voice coming from behind. The newest elder was startled when he saw three demons standing outside the cell door.

The middle Demon smiled at the elder. It was a toothy smiling that was clearly in a mocking fashion. “Greetings, oh wise one.”

Leo scowled at the evil being. “Who are you? And what do you want?”

The demon never lost his smile. “Who we are is of no concern to you. What we want is simple. Tell us where you hid the Grimoiré, and we shall let you go.”

Leo spat at the ground the demon was standing on. “And let evil gain the power of the book. Never.” Leo noticed a figure in the corner of the room but did not care of who it was.

The demon gave out a hearty laugh. “You amuse me Elder. As if not telling us where the book is located is an option? “ He nodded to the Demon on his left. “We have other…methods to learn of the location.”

A tall demon with spiked brown hair walked into the dingy cell. Leo tried to use his powers to escape, or even stop the demon but they were not working. The demon quickly put his fingertips on Leo’s temples and closed his eyes in concentration. After a few moments, the demon smiled, dropped Leo back on the ground, and walked back out of the cell.

“The book is in a Mountain of Rock in the West Andes. Turns out that Oracle knew what she was talking about. I will remember to…repay her for her services.” The muscular demon with spiked hair said.

The first demon smiled. “Ah good work Vassago, and I trust he will not remember this occurrence upon waking?” Vassago nodded in response. “Good then go get the Grimoiré.” He watched as the Demon shimmered out.

The figure in the corner finally made his presence known. “ I have done all that you three have asked of me. My comrades will be safe after your plan is fulfilled, correct Xaphan?”

The Demon who talked to Leo smiled, this time a true smile. “Yes, the warlocks will be reinstated into the Underworlds Hierarchy. Job well done Chris. Tricking the white lighter into turning the sisters into gods was a brilliant tactic. Your cleverness far exceeds your years. You still refuse to tell the secret of how you stole the white lighters powers I presume?” The young man nodded with a smile.

The third demon decided to speak at this point. His voice was shaky, almost in fear. “Xaphan are you sure this is a wise idea? There are others who are just as powerful as he, we can use them to rule the underworld.”

Xaphan sneered at his companion. “That is not an option Melchom. His power is nearly limitless, and he is young. We will be able to mold him into the ruler we wish to have. The others of who you speak of have their own ideas; their own ways. Freeing them will do us no good.”

Melchom nodded in understanding, though grudgingly. “How is he even still alive?”

“The magic inside his cage is keeping him alive. His power, mixed with the spell on the cage, is keeping him in some sort of suspended animation. We need the book to not only break the cages magic, but also awake him out of the animation. This will not be an easy task.”

A noise coming from Leo stopped their conversation. “We should be going Melchom, Chris. The magic on the cell has worn off. The Elder will wake up any second, and will have the ability to orb. If we are seen our plan will be halted.” With a nod, 2 of them shimmered out, while Chris orbed out.

The three sisters had just finished up the celebration meal; Darryl and his wife had just left. Paige and Phoebe watched as their older sister cleaned the dishes. She seemed so full of cheer it was almost eerie. After all here she was, whistling a tune with out a care in the world, when her husband had just left her.

Paige was the first to break the silence. “Piper are you sure you’re alright?”

Piper turned at the sound of her sister’s voice. She smiled while answering. “Of course I am hunny, why wouldn't you think I am?”

Phoebe answered her older sisters question. “Because your husband wont be around very much anymore. Were just worried about you Piper, that’s all.”

Piper smile dropped a little, but she would not show her true pain. “Oh nonsense, Leo could never truly leave. He’ll be here, Wyatt needs him after all. Now no more of this talk.”

Paige and Phoebe just looked at each other in response. Shaking their heads, they continued on with cleaning up the dishes. They were interrupted when Leo orbed into the kitchen.

Upon seeing her husband Piper gave both her sisters a smirk. “Leo, what are you doing here?”

Leo looked dazed, and confused. “I don’t really know. I woke up a few minutes ago in a cell. When I orbed here I realized I was in the underworld.”

The Charmed ones faces turned serious. Paige decided to ask questions to further investigate. “Do you remember how you got there? How long you were there for, perhaps?”

Leo shook his head in the negative. “No, I don’t remember anything. I don’t know what happened before I woke up.”

Piper walked over to her husband and put a loving arm around him. “Well, everything’s alright, you're fine, we’ll look into it later.”

Leo smiled down at his beautiful wife. Oh, what he would give to be with her all the time. “Alright, but I am going to investigate this further.”

Paige yawned a bit, and started to walk out of the kitchen. “We all will Leo. But right now I’m going to bed. Good night.”

It wasn’t long after that Phoebe, and Piper followed suit. Each sister, promising to figure out the situation with Leo within the coming days.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 08:01 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Well, I've began to re-write this story, so here goes.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Charmed, but the WB does. This is simply for my own enjoyment, no copy right infringement is meant.

AN: This is set directly after "Oh My Goddess", when 'Chris' scattered Leo's orbs. An enemy too strong for the Charmed ones forces them to take desperate measures...Will this decision create a shockwave that will destroy all they love?

Chapter 1: No Man's Land

Leo landed with a thud in what seemed to be a dungy cell. Scanning the area, the former Whitelighter, now Elder, couldn't figure out where he was; or better yet, he had no idea how he even got there in the first place. The last thing he remembered was talking to Chris, then orbing up to the other elders.What had happened? Had his orbs been scattered or something, he thought. A deep voice coming from the shadowy alcove behind threw him from his ponderings. Turning, Leo was startled when he saw three demons standing outside the cell door, giving him an appraising look. They studied him as if he were a piece of meat, and they themselves were butchers.

The middle Demon, who seemed to be in charge, smiled at him. It was a toothy grin that was clearly in a mocking fashion. “Greetings, oh wise one.” He said in a singsong voice.

Leo scowled at the evil being, not allowing his fear and confusion to show. “Who are you? What do you want?” He questioned harshly, hoping to find whatever answers he could.

The demon contiued smiling at him, mocking him as the seconds passed. “Who we are is of no concern to you." He shrugged, gesturing to his comrades. "What we want is simple; tell us where you hid the Grimoiré, and we shall let you go.”

Leo spat at the ground the demon was standing on, shaking his head vehemently. “And let evil gain the power of the book. Never!” Leo noticed a figure in the corner of the room, but quickly turned his attention back to the demons.

The demon gave out a hearty laugh, as he inched closer to the bars. “You amuse me, Elder, as if not telling us the book's location is an option? “ Nodding to the demon on his right, he opened the cell door and allowed the monster in. “We have other…methods to learn of the location.”

A tall demon with spiked brown hair walked into the dingy cell. Leo tried to use his powers to escape be it orbing or fighting, but they were not working; some how the cell was blocking his powers out. Moving faster than Leo could see, the demon quickly put his fingertips on Leo’s temples and closed his eyes in concentration. After a few moments, the demon smirked, dropped the unconscious Leo back on the ground, and strutted out of the cell. “The book is in a Mountain of Rock in the West Andes. Turns out that Oracle knew what she was talking about. I will remember to…repay her for her services.” The muscular demon snarled.

The first demon smiled in pleasure. “Ah, good work, Vassago! I trust he will not remember this occurrence upon waking?” Seeing Vassago nod in response, he continued, “Good, then go get the Grimoiré.” He watched as the Demon shimmered out.

The figure in the corner finally made his presence known. “ I have done all that you three have asked of me. My comrades will be safe after your plan is fulfilled, correct Xaphan?” He said, moving out of the shadows.

Xaphan, the demon who talked to Leo, smiled, this time a true smile; out of pride and satisfaction. “Yes, the warlocks will be reinstated into the Underworld's Hierarchy. Job well done, Chris. Tricking the white lighter into turning the sisters into gods was a brilliant tactic. Your cleverness far exceeds your years. You still refuse to tell the secret of how you stole the white lighter's powers, I presume?” The young man nodded with a smirk.

The third demon, who had remained quiet throughout the exchanges, decided to speak at this point. His voice was shaky, almost in fear. “Xaphan, are you sure this is a wise idea? There are others who are just as powerful as him. We can use them to rule the Underworld.”

Xaphan sneered at his companion, flames of fury in his eyes. “That is not an option, Melchom. His power is nearly limitless, and he is young. We will be able to mold him into the ruler we wish to have. The others of whom you speak of have their own ideas; their own ways, their own views. Freeing them will do us no good.”

Melchom nodded in understanding, though grudgingly. “How is he even still alive?”

“The magic inside his cage is keeping him alive. His power, mixed with the spell on the cage, is keeping him in some sort of suspended animation. We need the book to not only break the cages magic, but also awake him out of the animation. This will not be an easy task.” Xaphan answered, turning as a noise from Leo stopped their conversation. “We should be going Melchom, Chris. The magic on the cell has worn off. The Elder will wake up any second, and will have the ability to orb. If we are seen our plan will be halted.” With a nod, the two demons shimmered out, while Chris orbed out.

Up on Earth, the three sisters had just finished up the celebration meal; Darryl and his wife had just left. Paige and Phoebe watched as their older sister cleaned the dishes, as if she didn't have a care in the world.. She seemed so full of cheer it was almost eerie. After all, here she was, whistling a happy tune, while her husband had just left her to become an Elder.

Paige broke the silence, hoping to find out just what was going on. “Piper, are you sure you’re alright?” She asked with a hint of worry in her voice.

Turning at the sound of her sister’s voice, she smiled and answered. “Of course, I am hunny, why wouldn’t you think I am?”

Phoebe answered her older sisters question. “Because your husband wont be around very much anymore. We're just worried about you Piper, that’s all.”

Piper smile faltered a bit, but she would not show her true pain. She was too strong for that, too independent, she told herself. “Oh nonsense, Leo could never truly leave. He’ll be here, Wyatt needs him after all. Now, no more of this talk.” She said, turning back to the dishes. The witch ran the water from the faucet, allowing the clear liquid to rinse the sudsy plates.

Paige and Phoebe just looked at each other in response, each frowning in confusion. Shaking their heads, they continued on with cleaning up the dishes. As they were just finishing up, Leo orbed into the kitchen, halting the process. Upon seeing her husband Piper gave both her sisters a smirk. “Leo, what are you doing here?” She asked, walking his way.

Leo looked dazed, and confused. “I don’t really know. I woke up a few minutes ago in a cell. When I orbed here I realized I was in the underworld.”

The Charmed ones faces turned serious. “Do you remember how you got there? How long you were therefore perhaps?” Paige asked, starting the investigation.

Leo shook his head in the negative, shrugging a little. “No, I don’t remember anything. I don’t know what happened before I woke up, either.”

Piper inched closer to him, as she put a loving arm around his broad shoulders. “Well, everything’s alright, your fine, we’ll look into it later.” She whispered, kissing him on the cheek.

Leo grinned down at his beautiful wife, making eye contact with her beautiful brown eyes. Oh what he would give to be with her all the time; to be able to love her for all eternity. “Alright, but I am going to check this out further.”

Paige yawned a bit, making her way out of the kitchen. “We all will, Leo, but right now I’m going to bed. Good night.” She called back, stomping up the stairs. It wasn’t long after that Phoebe, and Piper followed suit. Each sister promised to figure out the situation with Leo within the coming days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 03:10 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Chapter 2: Caged Glory

Xaphan paced slowly around a cage, as he waited for Vassago's return. The cage was in a sealed cavern, located in the deepest pits of the Underworld. Not many knew of this place, and those who did couldn’t even enter. It took a great deal of power to break down the enchantments on the tomb door, almost the sum total of power Xaphan had. It would take an even greater deal of power than his own to destroy the magic on the cage itself. That’s why they needed the Grimoire. With out it, they would not know the spells in which would have the power, for the Grimoire contained spells and magic long since forgotten. A demon shimmering in caught the demon’s attention . The evil being smiled upon seeing whom it was. “I trust your mission was a success Vassago?” Xaphan sinisterly said.

The demon in question took a book out of a bag he had dangling around his shoulder. The book was the blackest of black, darkest of dark, and most evil of evil. Evil emanated from the ancient tome from all ends, as an aroma would popcorn. Placing the Grimoire down on the alter, the demon opened the book up to the correct page.“Ahh, here it is.” He whispered, running his hand over the black papyrus.

Xaphan rushed over to the book, and stared down at the unholy pages. The passage was written in some ancient language, but Xaphan and the other two understood it perfectly. “Well, shall we?” Xaphan said with a smirk. Melchom, and Vassago looked at each other and smiled as well.

The Demons crowded around the book, and looked down into the cage. What seemed to be a sleeping demon baby laid at the bottom. His blue and black skin accentuated his demonic tattoos, as tiny fangs peekd out of his mouth. Even for a little baby, you could see his body was strong, and well put together. With a nod to each other, the three demons began to chant in an ancient language long forgotten.

“AkBre isth gicma in hichw ndbis. LpHe us dtroyes tath hichw ldhos. Ehantmncent be oneg, ouy heav emt ouyr ofe. Refe tish demon, in hichw si stdowe.”

The chanting stopped, and the cage was engulfed in a bright light. A chilling sound, almost eerie, was released from the cage, as the magic that was protecting it dissolved into nothingness. The demon baby slowly opened his eyes and immediately began to cry. It was a loud, evil wail, which would make no mother want to hold the baby for comfort. Xaphan turned a few pages, and began to chant again.

“Everto of valde vox, orior oriri ortus in aevum intus hora. Grow ex parvulus, ut adult, satus processus per a jolt.”

Vassago smiled, realizing their time had finally come. “So how long should it take?”

Xaphan waited to catch his breath before he answered. The spell took more out of him then he would ever admit. Even with the help from the book, the magic that protected the cage was almost too powerful. “An hour. All we have to wait is an hour for eternal glory.” He laughed maniacally.

Piper followed Leo up to the book of shadows as they continued to argue. They had been arguing for quite a bit, since there were no leads, nor was there any evidence that Leo had even been abducted. She persisted that he might have been dreaming, while he flatout denied that was anywhere close to the truth. “You don’t remember anything, Leo. How do you know you just didn’t orb down there yourself?” Piper said from behind.

“Why would I orb down there, Piper? Why would I orb myself into a cage?” Leo growled, continuing his march up into the attic.

Piper rolled her eyes, an action she had been doing since Leo had concocted this story. “I don’t know, Leo. What do you remember before waking up in a cage?”

“Well, I was talking to Chris about him being your new white lighter...wait a minute, where is Chris?” Leo said while turning and facing his wife. A look of realization dawned on his face, as an idea came to him.

“I don’t know. I haven’t seen him since yesterday.” Piper replied, shrugging.

“It was him! He sent me there." Leo scowled out, anger over taking him. "He scattered my orbs.”

“Leo, listen to yourself. How do you know for sure it was Chris?” Piper asked, trying to get him to realize just what he was saying. A white lighter out to hurt an Elder? It was absurd!

“Call him.” Leo responded, crossing his arms in impatience.

“If it’ll stop you from blaming him I will. Chris. Chris, come here.” Piper waited while her supposed white lighter came. After a few minutes she tried again but to no avail. “Why isn’t he answering?” Piper worriedly stated.

Leo’s scowl deepened. “Because he tricked us all. He wanted me down in that cage, but why?”

“Leo, don’t you think you’re getting a little a head of yourself. I mean, perhaps he just didn’t hear me?” She said, beginning to wonder what was up herself.

“No, Piper, you’re his only charge. He’d hear you alright.” Leo stopped and looked up to the ceiling. “I got to go Piper, the other Elder’s are calling. I’ll be back when I can.” Leo gave Piper a quick kiss and orbed up.

“What was that all about Piper?” Paige asked from behind.

Piper shrugged, tossing the idea off to the side. “Leo has this crazy notion it was Chris who sent him to the underworld.”

“Well, maybe he’s right. I mean we don’t really know anything about Chris. I haven’t seen him since before Leo came back from the cage. Maybe we should look into it?” Paige returned, furrowing her brows in thought.

Piper rolled her eyes. “If you think it’ll help, then by all means.” She said, gesturing to the book.

“I will." Paige said nodding. Then, as an after thought, "After all I have nothing better to do.”

“Get a job then.” Piper called out, walking away.

“Hey, being a full time witch is work enough.” Paige yelled at Piper's retreating form.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 03:11 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Chapter 3: Awakening

Xaphan, Vassago, and Melchom waited impatiently for about an hour. Right after the spell to age the demon inside the cage was finished, he immediately went back into the coma-like state he was in before. Xaphan had expected this, however, for his magic was gaining strength, so he needed to be physically sound when he awoke. Every fifteen minutes or so the demon in the cage would grow and age a few years; going from baby to toddler, from toddler to child, from child to teen, and finally from teen to manhood. It would only take another couple of minutes for the spell to be completely done. Watching as the demon slowly opened his eyes, Xaphan rushed to the door and unfastened it. The cage door released with a ominous wail, as what little left over magic escaped.

“Hello, my lord.” Xaphan said while looking down at the ground. He bowed lightly, noticing the others were doing the same. He didn't know how the demon would react so he wanted to play it safe; for all he knew, the demon would vanquish him right on the spot.

A deep, echoic voice replied, “Who are you? Who am I for that matter?” The demon said, having no memories whats-so-ever, but knowing how to speak. That was the power of magic, after all.

Vassago bowed in front of the taller demon. Vassago, being close to six and a half feet was by no means short, but the demon towered over him by a good couple of inches. “We are your loyal followers, my lord. You will become the new Source, and rule over all the Underworld.”

“Rule over the Underworld?” The demon asked in a rather curious tone. He stepped out of the cage, and entered the shadows of the cavern.

Melchom was the one to answer his question. This moment was crucial; it was when they would solidfy their spots next to the new Source. “Yes, my lord. We will unite all demons under you. Good shall fall, and evil will conquer all.”

“Again I ask," He asked, almost in a bored tone. It was as if the demon had no interest in what they were saying. "Who are you?”

Xaphan stepped up, hoping to placate any questions the Source had. “I am Xaphan, my lord. He is Vassago, and that is Melchom: We are your Triad.” He gestured to his two comrades off to the side.

“My Triad?” The Source inquired, as the light from the torches danced around his blue skin.

Vassago was getting nervous, as the new Source was a curious one to say the least. He was afraid he might be a little too curious. “My Lord, let us take you to the Source's Lair. There, we will answer your questions, as well as get you some clothes.”

The three shimmered out, and the blue and black demon flamed out behind them. They arrived in a cave like structure, which had fire burning all around it. To the left, you could hear screaming that echoed through out the halls. “My lord this is the Source's Lair. This is where you will be coronated. Melchom, get him some clothes.” Vassago ordered, guiding the Source to his throne. While the Source to be was getting dressed, he asked what they meant by ‘his Triad’.

“My Lord, the Triad is an ancient covenant. Their powers are linked to the Source's himself. They are his council...his helpers. They carry out plans that are deemed unworthy for the Source to over see himself.” Xaphan answered, flicking his hand out to light a torch that was placed on the far wall.

“And how long has the Triad been around?” The Source inquired, throwing a rob over his bulking demon body. Then, all the sudden, he shrunk a few inches and lost some muscle as he took his human form.

“For every Source, there has been a triad, my lord.” Vassago said quickly. He hoped this new Source wouldn't destroy all of the customs that had been around the Underworld for eons; after all, if he were to do that, all of their had work would be in vain.

The Source-to-be had a smirk on his face. “Well, for freeing me, you shall be my Triad. But, I for one will deem nothing unworthy. Obviously since good is still around that means the Triad has failed in their responsibilities.”

Xaphan visibly tensed when he heard this. His plan was based around using this demon, and molding him into being a servant to Xaphan and the others. He hadn’t expected this, and would have to fix it somehow. “Well my lord, we will do whatever you may ask us. We are not incompetent as the others were.”

“Maybe so, that has yet to be seen. Who is the Underworld's number one threat? Who should I go after first?” The Source said, taking a seat on his large, stone throne. It was, literally, the seat of power that all demons strived to take as their own. It wasn't only a metaphorical throne, but a physical one, as well.

“The Charmed ones, my liege.” Melchom replied in a scared voice. The power of the Charmed Ones was legendary. Demon after demon that faced them died a fiery death.

“The Charmed ones?” The Source barked, laughing at the stupid name. He wouldn't, however, take them lightly if only their name could incite so much fear in Melchom.

“Yes, my lord: The Charmed ones. They are a group of sisters that together have incredible power. That isn’t to say individually they are not strong, just together they are almost unstoppable. They have vanquished your last two predecessors.” Xaphan explained.

The Source-to-be stared at Xaphan, curiosity laced his features. “I will look into the 'Charmed ones'. When is my coronation?”

“Well, my lord." Vassago began, bitting his lip. "We are the last beings who know the ritual. We were there for the coronation of the Source before the last; which was over four hundred years ago. We have already notified the leaders of the factions that tried to bid for power. We can coronate you right now if you like?”

The Source frowned in confusion. “Why are you the only ones who can perform the ritual?”

Vassago decided to answer truthfully. There would be no dancing around the subject since he would, after all, find out the truth sooner or later. And that, to Vassago, would lead to a fate worse than death for Vassago and his allies. “Because, my lord, after the vanquishing of the last Source, the Council of Evil was destroyed in the process of coronating another Source.”

“Well, you are to teach the ancient ways to others. If you should perish, that would force evil back by centuries, maybe even enough to destroy us. Now back to my coronation.” The Source scowled, resting his chin in his left hand.

Xaphan nodded, answering, “Of course, my lord, well get to teaching others. Just let us call the leaders of the factions, then we can proceed.” A few minutes later, the faction leaders were all gathered around an alter. The new Source was on bended knee; his hand placed firmly on the Grimoire. Xaphan stood chanting the ritual above him. “Rise, my lord.” The Source obeyed, rising from his knees to his feet.

“To finish this ritual, blood must be spilled.” Vassago said, taking out an athame from his red robe.

Grabbing the athame, the Source quickly pricked his finger, and let the blood drop onto the book. Xaphan spoke a few final words, and then the Source felt an incredible power enter his body. Sure, he was powerful before hand, but to feel the power of the Underworld was exhilarating. “All hail the new Source of all evil!” A demon shouted in the back of the cavern.

The Source then turned back to the book. Putting his hand down on it, he began to chant in a dead language. After a few moments, he gave the athame back to Vassago, who handed his two allies. The new Triad each pricked their fingers, and waited as the powerful connection to the Source came together. When their eyes burned with fire, then turned to pure black, the Source knew it was complete. “Tonight, we ushered in a new age for evil. If we stand united, good shall fall at our feet, evil will be prosperous. Our demon father's deaths will not be in vain!”

Old Post May 1st, 2007 01:03 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Chapter 4: Throne

“We haven’t had a demon attack in days.” Piper acknowledged, while cooking at the stove. It had been exactly four days since the last demon stepped foot in the manor; unbeknownst to the sisters, that was the exact amount of days since the new Source took the throne.

Phoebe's eyes darted around the kitchen, ready for the attack she thought would come. “Piper, don’t say that. You’ll jinx us.” She whispered to her older sister.

“Hey! What a beautiful day in the neighborhood.” Paige chirped, orbing in.

Phoebe raised an eyebrow, wondering what was up with her sister. She had never seen this happy and content before. “What’s up with Mrs. Rogers here?” She said, looking towards Piper.

Piper rolled her eyes, as she took a sip from her cup. “She got her job back as a Social Worker.”

“Good for you, Hunny.” Phoebe replied smiling, as she rushed past her. “But I got to go, Elise wants me in the office today.” Saying her good-byes, Phoebe jogged out of the manor, and jumped into her car. Speeding, Phoebe flew around the streets of San Fransico, hoping to get to work on time for once.

The Source sat on his throne with his head in his hands, losing himself in thought and weariness. He had begun researching the powers of the Charmed ones for the past couple of days by word of the mouth. Flaming from Demon tribe to demon tribe, prying information out of them was quite tiring; he even had to kill some demons to get them to speak. It turns out that there was truly only one individually powerful witch in the group; the oldest sister, Piper, the one with the ability to stop time, would be a threat. This Source had no beliefs of his own superiority to anyone. Sure, he had more power than most, but if he messed up he could be vanquished just like everyone else. A voice from the side startled the great demon out of his thinking.

“My liege, Cudlen requests a meeting.” Vassago said from the doorway.

The Source looked up, and nodded. “Let him in.” He said, straightening himself in the throne.

Cudlen walked in, and bowed in front of the throne. After a few moments he got back up and began to speak. His voice was confident and loud, clearly showing his superior status compared to other demons. “My lord, I have come to pledge my services to you.”

The Source grunted, smirking slightly. “I trust I will have your loyalty like the former Source did? I will have the devotion your brother Ludlow showed the Source?”

Cudlen nodded, looking the Source straight in the eyes. “Of course, my lord.”

“Good." The Source replied, standing up off his throne. "Then to prove your loyalty I want you to send one of your men to attack the Charmed ones.”

“The Charmed ones? They're far too weak to fight them, it would be suicide.” Cudlen muttered in surprise.

A viscous smile appeared on the blue and black face of the Source. Of course, Cudlen couldn’t see it through his hood, but the smile appeared none-the less. “Exactly. It’ll prove your loyalty to me, Cudlen.” He said coldly. Cudlen, no matter what he said, was a threat; he had an army of loyal demons to serve him. An uprising from them would spell doom for the Source.

Cudlen nodded, eyes burning in hidden anger. “Very well, my lord. Reidar will be sent.” He responded, a hint of contempt in his voice. This new Source is pushing his luck, Cudlen thought to himself.

“Good, Cudlen. Your loyalty shall be honored when good is conquered.” The Source said, finishing the conversation. There would be no room for arguing during his reign, especially from a demon who thought way too much of himself, as was Cudlen's case.

Cudlen bowed again, making his way towards the door.. “Thank you, my lord. I am forever in your service.”

The Source nodded, and watched as Cudlen walked out of the room. Cudlen was forever in debt of the former Source, since the Source had created the Demon School for Ludlow and his brother to run. After Ludlow’s death, Cudlen had taken over the school, and in turn, Ludlow’s power. The former Source had made Cudlen a threat that had to be spied on due to Cudlen’s loyalty forever being in that Source’s favor. Deciding to find out more about Cudlen, he called in one of his advisors. “Melchom, come here.” The Source called out , allowing his voice to echo off the cavern walls.

It took a few moments, but Melchom obediently came in. “You called for me, my lord?” A nervous Melchom asked.

“Yes," The Source barked, internally laughing at Melchom's nerves. He wouldn't tell Melchom this, but he would never vanquish him; after all, if it weren't for him, he'd still be in a cage. "Tell me where has Cudlen been since the last Source was vanquished?”

Melchom took a few minutes to gather his thoughts, until he said, “He has stayed in his brother's compound this whole time, my lord. He feared Warlock insurrection. We told him the coming of a new Source, so he bided his time until you arrived.”

“So he is loyal to me?” The Source asked clearly confused. From what he had heard and read of Cudlen, he pigeonholed him to definitely be the former Source's man.

“No, my lord." Melchom replied, shaking his head. "He waits until he has the strength to dethrone you. Permission to speak openly with out repercussions, sir?” Intrigued, the Source grunted out a yes, then leaned forward to hear better. “I would say kill him, my lord. But he, like his brother was, is well respected throughout the Underworld. If his death at your hands is heard of, demons will want revenge on you. However, getting his men killed is a different story, though.”

The Source let out a laugh, liking Melchom more than the other two. “With out his men, he is less of a threat. Brilliant, Melchom, brilliant. Your loyalty knows no bounds.”

Melchom shivered slightly. “I fear you, my lord. Your power is...amazing.”

“Why you are loyal matters not, Melchom." The Source chided. "The fact is that you are loyal, and that’s all I care about. That is all.” The Source said, gesturing to the door.

The girls were sitting down to a nice lunch that rarely ever happened.. Wyatt was upstairs taking a nap, the sun was shinning, the birds were chirping, and evil wasn't attacking. To say it was a good day would be an understatement: no demons, no emergencies, nothing. Just a peaceful normal day that Piper had asked for all along. “Where’s Leo, Piper?” Phoebe asked while digging into the gourmet meal.

Piper shrugged, taking her seat. “He hasn’t come back since the Elders called him.” True, she missed him, but she knew she would have to get used to not seeing him. After all, he was an Elder now; he had responsibilities.

Paige bit her lip, worrying a little. “Perhaps it’s something important?” She said, hoping to calm her own nerves.

Phoebe looked over at her younger sister, raising a questioning brow. “Like what?”

“Like…Demon!” Paige yelled, jumping up from the table. Looking behind Piper, the sisters saw a disgusting creature. The Demon threw energy ball after energy ball, but Piper easily stopped them in midair. With a flick of her fingers, the demon blew up at Pipers hands.

“Well, I guess you were right. I really did jinx us.” Piper said with a small smile.

They were interrupted when Leo orbed in, looking slightly disheveled. Leo stared at the sisters, fear and confusion lacing his features. “We have a problem.”

Old Post May 7th, 2007 09:58 PM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Chapter 5: Selia

Piper noticing the worry on her husband’s face began to get nervous herself. “Leo, what’s wrong?”

“Well.," Leo began, thinking of where to start. “There has been a rise in demon power lately. We, the Elders, think the Underworld has united under a demon.”

“Do you mean another Source?” Paige questioned.

Leo shook his head, let out a breath he had been holding. “No, I don’t think so. The Underworld doesn’t have the Grimoire, so they wouldn’t be able to anoint a new one.”

“How do we know the Underworld didn’t get the book back?” Phoebe worriedly inquried, wondering how Leo could be so sure of himself.

Leo's eyes shot over to the middle sister. “Because I am the only one who knows where it is.” He replied, a hint of irratation in his voice.

Paige sighed, hating the fact that the demon world would be attacking again. To think, she had just gotten her job back, too. “What do we do?”

“Nothing yet." Leo responded, shrugging. "We have to wait for the demons to come to us.”

The Source stood over the alter that held the Grimoire, as he flipped through the pages gathering all the information the tome had to offer. An interesting passage in the middle of the book caught his eye. The archaic language showed how truly ancient it was. “The Prophecy of the Twice Blessed.” The Source thought out loud. “Said to be the most individually powerful force in existence.”

A voice from his side broke him out of his deep pondering. Looking up, he met the eyes of a nervous Melchom. “My Lord, the Oracle who was quite pivotal in freeing you is here.”

The Source looked behind Melchom and grinned at what he saw. “Leave us, Melchom.” He grunted, closing the Grimmoire and making his way over to the center of the lair. Melchom bowed, and rushed out, not wanting to anger the great demon. Waiting till Melchom exited and was out of earshot, the Oracle stepped forward. She was a beautiful woman, who had long brown hair, and was scantly dressed in what seemed to be gold silk.

She smiled slighty at the Source, showing her bright white teeth, and began to speak. “Hello.” She said, simply.

The Source tilted his head at her, never seeing such disrespect before. “You dare disrespect me?" He grunted, almost threateningly. "Do you not know the power I possess? I could vanquish you twenty times over again twenty different ways, and still not be tired”

The Oracle’s smile broadened, as she gained confidence. “I know of the power you have, but I also know you wont hurt me.”

As she predicted, a laugh came from under the Source's hood. For the first time ever, the Source let down his guard and laughed. “I guess Xaphan was correct when he told me your visions are never wrong. He failed to mention how beautiful you are, though.”

“My visions have never been wrong yet.” The Oracle replied, while walking around the lair, checking out the different carvings and paintings that laced the walls. All the former Sources had left their mark in this cavern in one way or another, whether it be pictures, carvings, or paintings.

“I never got your name.” The Source inquired, following her every movement with his eyes.

“Selia.” She responded, continuing her stroll around the lair.

“Your name’s quite ironic.” The Source said with a smile.

“Yes well, my human mother chose it. She had no idea what I would become.” The Oracle spoke, while taking a seat in the Source’s throne. An action that, unsurprisingly to her, made the Source smile and take down his hood. She stared at his face, not fearing his features in the slightest.

“You’re half human? So you have a soul, then?” The Source stated in shock. He had never met anyone remotely associated with humans before.

Selia nodded, grinning all the while. “As do you.” She replied, knowingly.

The Source quickly changed the subject back to her, as he continued to wonder what made this Oracle so much different than the other occupants of the Underworld. “Then why did you choose evil?”

“Oh, I didn’t choose evil. Nor am I exactly evil.” Selia smirked, sitting up in the throne. The throne, which was made out of a granite, was much too enormous for her petite frame.

A confused expression crossed the Source’s blue features. “But it was you who had the vision to find my tomb, right? Was it not you who had the vision that found the Elder who knew the location of the Grimoire?”

Selia’s smirked never disappeared. “Oh, I did find the book. And it was I who found your tomb. But I didn't do that to help out evil.”

“Then why?” The Source questioned, not understanding why she did it.

Selia gave one last smile as she disappeared in a glimmer of purple light. Her voice echoed throughout the lair, as she answered. “I did it for my own desires, my prince. I am very selfish indeed.”

The sisters, and Leo were all sitting down to a nice, peaceful family dinner. A demon had attacked before, but it was easily vanquished by Leo. Leo’s new elder powers were quite handy to say the least. “So you mean to tell us you were up there for four days talking about the Underworld uniting?” Paige asked between bites.

Leo swallowed and wiped his mouth with his napkin, before he answered. “No, that was only the last part of the meeting." He said, taking a sip of his soda. " I was originally called up there to discuss Gideon’s plans.”

“Who’s Gideon?” Piper asked confused.

Leo smiled at his wife's confusion; she could remember potion ingredients from years ago, but she could never remember a face and a name. “You met him remember?" He prodded. "He was one of the few elders who approved of our union.”

“Tall? Slicked back hair? Goatee?” At Leo’s nod she continued. “What’s his plan?”

“Well," Leo started, an aura of content overcoming him. "He’s opening up a magic school.”

“A magic school?” Phoebe asked in wonder. Since when was Harry Potter and Hogwarts real, she said to herself. She could have used a magical school to learn her powers when she first became a witch, that was for sure. Instead of being taught everything, the Charmed Ones had to learn from scratch.

“Yes, so children can learn and master their powers in safety.” Leo said, smiling. As he was about to say something, the conversation was interrupted when Piper jumped up and flicked her hands. Looking to where Piper was facing, the others saw a frozen demon.

“Piper, why did you freeze him?” Leo asked bewildered. Usually Piper wanted the demon out of the house as fast as possible, not allow them to loiter in it.

“I want information out of him.” Was Piper's quick answer. Flicking her hand towards the demons head, she unfroze him from the neck up. “Tell us who sent you.” Piper yelled, hoping to sound menacing.

The demon scowled, looking down at his frozen body. “I wont tell you anything, witch.”

Piper cocked an eyebrow, and with a flick of her hands, the demons left arm was blown off. “Now will you tell me?” She mocked.

“Cudlen sent me.” The demon managed to get out, between screams of pain. He knew he shouldn't had answered Cudlen's call; but, being ever the soldier, he went running to his master like a lost dog.

“Has the Underworld’s united under this Cudlen?” Leo asked joining the fray.

The demon shook his head, willing to say anything to get out of this predicament. His loyalty to evil only went so far, and his death was as far as it went. “No, Cudlen is just a pawn, like his brother was before him. A new Source has taken the throne.”

All of the sisters looked at Leo, each asking a question with their eyes. “I thought you said you were the only one with the knowledge of the book’s location?” Piper said, scowling lightly.

Leo’s face took a grim expression, as he bit his lip in wonder. “I guess now we know why I was kidnapped.”

“Who’s Cudlen’s brother? Who is this new Source?” Paige asked the demon, hoping to get a little more information.

“Ludlow" He answered, shocking the group. They remembered how the demon Ludlow sent his goons after that young boy Tyler, just a little over a year ago. "I don’t know who the new Source is, however, since he has only been in power for a couple of days. Cudlen fears him, though. And Cudlen is not one to know fear.”

Getting fed up Piper blew up the demon, allowing his particles to fly across the house. “Well, looks like there’s a new Source in town.”

“What are we going to do?” Phoebe asked, not looking forward to what was to come.

“Vanquish him of course.” Paige replied, too confidently for her own good. She had no idea of the power this Source possessed, nor his intelligence. He would be a threat to them indeed.

AN: Selia means “blind”…As an Oracle, blind is something she never is…That’s why it’s ironic.

Last edited by Darth Macabre on May 28th, 2007 at 09:08 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2007 09:04 PM