KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Will You Want Ratner To Direct X4?

Will You Want Ratner To Direct X4?
Started by: lordofwar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quiqueg34

Again I agree. He had little time and had to work with what Singer left him. If anyone ever says that it seemed forced or rushed... it's because he was forced and rushed. I still think it turned out great! But seriously, Peter Jackson. That man can make anything better.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 04:05 AM
quiqueg34 is currently offline Click here to Send quiqueg34 a Private Message Find more posts by quiqueg34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordofwar

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quiqueg34
Again I agree. He had little time and had to work with what Singer left him. If anyone ever says that it seemed forced or rushed... it's because he was forced and rushed. I still think it turned out great! But seriously, Peter Jackson. That man can make anything better.

Yeah, a bit of a Rush Hour.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 04:39 AM
lordofwar is currently offline Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quiqueg34

Pa dum pum! (Drum rim shot)

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 04:41 AM
quiqueg34 is currently offline Click here to Send quiqueg34 a Private Message Find more posts by quiqueg34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
x-fetish

Originally posted by cain marko
I WANT TO DIRECT IT!!!!!

forget directing it u should WRITE it smile

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 11:21 PM
x-fetish is currently offline Click here to Send x-fetish a Private Message Find more posts by x-fetish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

well i could live with anyone really(unless they totally suck @$$!) and i would seirously say cut down wolverine screen time. i mean he always had attention on him really and he gets a spin-off. They should focus on collosus and kitty and rogue and icman and pleeple. Now storm her screen time i think was fine. I WANT MYSTIQUE!

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 01:08 AM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I mean seriously. Wolverine: "I'm the only one who can stop her." What the f**k? She atomizes people. Everyone else explodes into pieces including the Professor, a far more powerful mutant with psychic defences but Wolver****inrine is the only one who can stop her. Add to that way to much kowtowing to Halle Bitchy.

In defense of that bit, Xavier was a telepath and he was telekinetically ripped apart. His only defense would of been trying to blunt her ability to use her powers mentally but not resist the disintigration process directly.

And they should of thrown Leech at her.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 02:42 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quiqueg34

I can't remember where I heard it but I know that it was an official source!!! But when/if they make X4 they are really planning on having it be about the students for various reasons including but not limited to... these actor's being up-and-coming, we know almost nothing about them (based on the films), so much to work with because they wouldn't necessarily have to follow any formula when talking about them before the comics took off. Sounds good to me. I'm a little tipsy right now so I'll find that source tomorrow. I know it's an official one.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 08:45 AM
Scarlet_Spidey
Artsy Fartsy

Huh. They aren't going to make a fourth movie, i heard on the television. They said that the last stand was the last part of the X-trilogy.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 08:51 AM
Scarlet_Spidey is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet_Spidey a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet_Spidey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quiqueg34

Correct. I remember now... On the TV Guide channel they said this is definately the end of the "trilogy". They do plan on making others based on the success of the last stand. Look it up.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 02:43 PM
Scarlet_Spidey
Artsy Fartsy

Indeed. The xmen movies are done, but there is already a wolverine movie in production produced by Hugh Jackman starring himself also.
But i think it's too bad that in X3 nightcrawler 'disappeared' for no reason at all. He's my fav X - character.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 03:25 PM
Scarlet_Spidey is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet_Spidey a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet_Spidey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quiqueg34

That's correct about he Wolverine spin-off, but that's not what I'm talking about. It is completely confirmed that Magneto and Wolverine have there spin-offs but there is definately talk about an x4 (whether they call it that or not) and it's gonna be about he students!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 10:50 AM
lordofwar

Joss Whedon

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 11:09 AM
lordofwar is currently offline Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Scarlet_Spidey
Indeed. The xmen movies are done, but there is already a wolverine movie in production produced by Hugh Jackman starring himself also.
But i think it's too bad that in X3 nightcrawler 'disappeared' for no reason at all. He's my fav X - character.

All it would of taken to please you is three lines of dialogue?
"Where's Nightcrawler?
He's on the can.
Okay, let's go."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 12:39 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
king_arthur

Christopher Nolan should direct X4

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 01:10 AM
king_arthur is currently offline Click here to Send king_arthur a Private Message Find more posts by king_arthur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If there is an X4 - and judging from the amount of money the studio will make there will be some form of X4 - I don't think I'd want Ratner to direct. I don't think his direction was bad, I just think others could do better.

The main problem I had with X3 was the script/story. The craptacular use of Cyclops. The depowering of Mystique - who could have had an awesome prequel or sequel spinoff. Rogue choosing to depower herself.

I mean seriously. Wolverine: "I'm the only one who can stop her." What the f**k? She atomizes people. Everyone else explodes into pieces including the Professor, a far more powerful mutant with psychic defences but Wolver****inrine is the only one who can stop her. Add to that way to much kowtowing to Halle Bitchy.

I agree with that in most respects...

i wouldn't want singer back either though...

the problem i have is this... singer was fine at the whole 'mutants are under the kosh' type stuff, but when it came to the action (which an x-men comic does need... the set pieces can be as big as any in any marvel), i thought singer was sorely lacking... x-men need to have big, comicy fights with robots and aliens and evil mutants and the like...

ratner at least gave it a shot imo... though he's no genius either...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Jul 29th, 2006 at 02:59 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 02:56 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

I agree action is definitely not Singer's strong suit. Things that are meant to bang usually fizzle. Ratner's more one for spectacle.

Possible viable sequels imo:
A movie about the younger students, I'd prefer they call it Academy X rather than New Mutants.
Nightcrawler
Apparently Emma Frost? huh
Possible viable prequel imo:
Mystique damnit!

And no to Christopher Nolan, because the entire movie would be a giant blur.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:52 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I agree action is definitely not Singer's strong suit. Things that are meant to bang usually fizzle. Ratner's more one for spectacle.

Possible viable sequels imo:
A movie about the younger students, I'd prefer they call it Academy X rather than New Mutants.
Nightcrawler
Apparently Emma Frost? huh
Possible viable prequel imo:
Mystique damnit!

And no to Christopher Nolan, because the entire movie would be a giant blur.

laughing

i think astonishing x-men would be awesome... the tension between logan/scott and emma/kitty, plus the whole 'nobody trusts emma' thing, t'would be awesome methinks...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:55 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

messed That would take like 4 movies though just to set up Astonishing. Unless you mean if they do a reboot somewhere down the line.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:57 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

messed That would take like 4 movies though just to set up Astonishing. Unless you mean if they do a reboot somewhere down the line.

Oh, yeah, i know... but a new trilogy a few years down the line could do it i think...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:58 AM
stickman618

ratner is a stupid douche bag

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 11:42 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote