KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Who is you best couple in X-MEN?

Who is you best couple in X-MEN?
Started by: Viviane Hor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by megaroguefan
so you are tryng to say that emma is a heartless ***** outside but inside an angel...

no. she's no angel, but neither was jean, and scott certainly isn't.

but emma does genuinely love scott. she treats him with love, respect, and at least in his eyes she's more accepting of his flaws than jean ever was...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 08:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
megaroguefan

Originally posted by wannabe
Are there only those two extremes to a human character you can think of?
Emma is not always a "heartless *****" on the outside and she is certainly not a complete angel on the inside. She is simply a normal human within, who can (and does) really love, be harmed, suffer, feel genuine compassion etc.
I'm actually pretty confused that you don't know that, cause it's been shown and written in the comics pretty often. Didn't you read that many issues with Emma? confused

it's amazing how you guys are tryng to defend Emma but i don't think you would do the same thing for another character...and prehaps you are right she loves scott i don't say she dosn't but that dosn't help the other ones she hurts

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 12:35 PM
megaroguefan is currently offline Click here to Send megaroguefan a Private Message Find more posts by megaroguefan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

it's amazing how you guys are tryng to defend Emma but i don't think you would do the same thing for another character...and prehaps you are right she loves scott i don't say she dosn't but that dosn't help the other ones she hurts

it depends on the character...

i personally, hated emma at first, but then i went back and read her older stuff, and saw how she was written with scott, and my opinion changed...

she doesnt tend to like the other women in the team... so? this is couples, not friends... stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 02:00 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

it's amazing how you guys are tryng to defend Emma but i don't think you would do the same thing for another character

Oho, that is quite a bit of an assumption about someone you don't really know, isn't it?!
Btw., Emma may be one of my favourite comic book characters, but then she is just ONE of quite some, and if one of those others (f.e. Mystique, Nightcrawler, Beast, Apollo & Midnighter) would be reduced to something that's not doing them justice, i would try to explain them just as thoroughly as i do Emma now.
...and prehaps you are right she loves scott i don't say she dosn't but that dosn't help the other ones she hurts

I'm still confused with your perception!
What we wrote was not just about her love for Scott, and we didn't write it to defend Emma, but to explain parts of her personality and behaviour to someone, who obviously doesn't know much about her and thus tends to simplify and reduce her to something she certainly is not.
I can only repeat myself:
Her own mini series explained that she had a very complicated childhood with maaany disappointments, hurt feelings and cruelty, so she finally developed a psychological armor (the seemingly heartless White Queen) to protect herself from further pain. It's nothing i or Raoul made up to defend her, it's her official story written in the comics!
Of course she hurt many people as the White Queen and also after that time she tends to be cynical and sardonic. Yet all of this time there was still that part of her, which really cared about her students and her teammates, tried to protect them and awfully grieved when some of them suffered or even died ... and she expressed that part on many occasions! There was always that part of her that honestly self-reflected and acknowledged her own personality-flaws and took measures to counteract them, that's why she brought Kitty into the team of the Astonishing X-Men (just one example). Again that's nothing any of us interpreted or simply invented because we like her, it's part of her explicitly stated history and expressed personality in the comics!

conclusion:
She is surely no angel, she never was, but she is much definitely not just a blond dumb heartless bimbo as you described her, and she is good for Scott on a personal level and for Cyclops as a comic book character. That's all we tried to make clear.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Last edited by wannabe on Nov 2nd, 2008 at 02:31 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 02:26 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
megaroguefan

thanks for explaining to me guys..i didn't changed my opinion about emma but,thanks for telling me your opinion smile

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 03:32 PM
megaroguefan is currently offline Click here to Send megaroguefan a Private Message Find more posts by megaroguefan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

thanks for explaining to me guys..i didn't changed my opinion about emma but,thanks for telling me your opinion smile

Even though it was not an expression of our opinion, but a statement of facts, it's of course your prerogative to cling to your opinion. smile

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 06:27 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by wannabe
Even though it was not an expression of our opinion, but a statement of facts, it's of course your prerogative to cling to your opinion. smile

come on now, we all have our likes and dislikes... in the actual marvel world, the majority of people who know of emma think she's a right cow, the only people who don't are the people the closest to her (scott, hank, prof), so its natural that some people won't like her...

i hate gambit, but he and rogue seem like a good couple, so i'm not going to rain on someone elses parade...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 10:12 PM
pridemorekatie

I believe that Wolverine and Storm make a good couple...:/

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 01:28 AM
pridemorekatie is currently offline Click here to Send pridemorekatie a Private Message Find more posts by pridemorekatie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Originally posted by Raoul
come on now, we all have our likes and dislikes... in the actual marvel world, the majority of people who know of emma think she's a right cow, the only people who don't are the people the closest to her (scott, hank, prof), so its natural that some people won't like her...

Of course many people don't like her and with a personality like her's it's actually not surprising at all.
I wasn't referring to facts that would force anyone to like Emma, which would be a stupid intent, i was referring to facts that proove Emma is more than just a dumb blond heartless bimbo and that she is actually good for Scott so far! See the difference?! wink

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Last edited by wannabe on Nov 4th, 2008 at 06:57 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 06:52 AM
dgeniu

Hmm...I think I`d go with Rogue and Gambit. Those two are funny together!

Scott + Jean are too much the classic couple for my taste...but I don`t know much about the Scott/Emma thing to be able to formulate an opinion stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 10:12 PM
dgeniu is currently offline Click here to Send dgeniu a Private Message Find more posts by dgeniu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

i hate gambit, but he and rogue seem like a good couple, so i'm not going to rain on someone elses parade...

I'm way late but why do you hate Gambit? He is THE coolest Mutant ever.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 09:26 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I'm way late but why do you hate Gambit? He is THE coolest Mutant ever.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 09:30 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Its true. Scott is my favorite, but Gambit just has style and that attitude that says I'm cool. He's cooler than Iceman!

See what I did there?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 12:53 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Its true. Scott is my favorite, but Gambit just has style and that attitude that says I'm cool. He's cooler than Iceman!

See what I did there?

you want me to post the gambit link again?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 01:06 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

you want me to post the gambit link again?

Only if you still want this to happen.

Oh my god you suck so hard right now. Our friendship is over, and now the only thing in my heart is vengeance!!!

I shall become a writer and get hired at Marvel. I'll work on an X-Men run and guess what? Jean comes back and you find out that her and Scott planned this all along. He never loved Emma, and he goes back to being good ol' family man Cyclops with solar powered optic blasts. Then Jean betrays him and goes with Wolverine. Scott is now disgruntled and in awe, he loses all of his skills due to excessive drinking and suicidal thoughts while Wolverine, Jean and Rachel are happy together. He leaves the X-Men and dies six months later of alcohol poisoning.

Oh you know Superman right? We're going to retcon him a bit. He's been an evil android this whole time and there is no such thing as Krypton or kryptonite, they were all created by him so he could fool the world. Then him and Henshaw fuse together to make the Omega-El and destroy the world.

Now how do you like me now?!

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:32 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Only if you still want this to happen.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:34 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Truce?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:35 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Truce?

for now...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 07:33 PM
LordKaos
LET KAOS REIGN!

Originally posted by dgeniu
Hmm...I think I`d go with Rogue and Gambit. Those two are funny together!

Scott + Jean are too much the classic couple for my taste...but I don`t know much about the Scott/Emma thing to be able to formulate an opinion stick out tongue

This should help you formulate one, After the 12 thing Scott was kinda messed up in the head, Emma took advantage of this, but started falling for him, Jean kicks her mind-ass, she is shattered, Jean brings her back realizing that Emma is truly in love with Scott, Jean becomes Phoenix, dies, Scott never gets over her and leaves Emma and the Xmen as he never loved Emma, but Jean intervenes and now after telepathic coaxing he stays with Emma. Their relationship can be likened to a telepathic illusion based on Jean making Scott let her go in his heart, had she not there would be no Scott and Emma, only a Scott that can only stop loving Jean if she makes him do it telepathically.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 10:39 PM
LordKaos is currently offline Click here to Send LordKaos a Private Message Find more posts by LordKaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by LordKaos
This should help you formulate one, After the 12 thing Scott was kinda messed up in the head, Emma took advantage of this, but started falling for him, Jean kicks her mind-ass, she is shattered, Jean brings her back realizing that Emma is truly in love with Scott, Jean becomes Phoenix, dies, Scott never gets over her and leaves Emma and the Xmen as he never loved Emma, but Jean intervenes and now after telepathic coaxing he stays with Emma. Their relationship can be likened to a telepathic illusion based on Jean making Scott let her go in his heart, had she not there would be no Scott and Emma, only a Scott that can only stop loving Jean if she makes him do it telepathically.

All that being said, Scott and Emma are still better than Jean. Looks more real and easy going. Jean and Scott seemed forced. Emma is better for him.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 10:54 PM