KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Would we possess powers under a red sun?

Would we possess powers under a red sun?
Started by: BlackC@

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Would we possess powers under a red sun?

Kryptonians are god-like under a yellow sun, could it work in reverse for us?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 04:29 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

im watching the science of superman on national geographic, that is a big no.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 04:49 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

How come? Did the topic arise in it? What is the reason behind us not getting powers there?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 05:53 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

I'd i imagine it's because we don't have have the ability to absorb solar energy. Shine a red light on your self and see if you get any stronger.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 07:23 AM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

This is seriously a dumb question.
The obvious answer is no coz we can absorb some of the solar rays but not the energy.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 01:41 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know I've seen our sun turning red sometimes but not officially red. Where is the real one and How can I reach it?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 05:36 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

if you know how to travel a couple billion light years, you can reach one.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 05:58 PM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
This is seriously a dumb question.
The obvious answer is no coz we can absorb some of the solar rays but not the energy.

That is not a dumb question. What a mean thing to say, how dare you!? ya' jerk.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 02:35 AM
Magee

I suppose if were talking comic world... Reality? LOL no.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 01:44 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by BlackC@
That is not a dumb question. What a mean thing to say, how dare you!? ya' jerk.

Hey take it easy, but the way our cells are, there is no way we can absorb solar ENERGY n use it for our own purposes. If it were so, then why do we need to eat when we cud absorb a lot of energy like supes does(altho he eats for the fun of it i think)?
N goin near a red sun is seriously a dumb thing to do, coz ur life will be cut short by supernova or something after the sun fails.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Jul 1st, 2006 at 04:55 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 04:53 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grytpype-thynne

I read a "what if" Superman comic years ago in which he sought to give an unpowered step-son of his super-powers. He experimented by bringing him to different solar systems (none of them Red of course, because Superman can't fly into a Red Solar System - like Krypton's and not die in the cold vacuum of space) and finally found that a Blue-Yellow binary star system would give humans super-powers.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 11:16 PM
grytpype-thynne is currently offline Click here to Send grytpype-thynne a Private Message Find more posts by grytpype-thynne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

That's a what-if comic. It could probably work in there, but in reality, no chance in hell

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 02:14 AM
xkalybr
The Sword of Power!

If Superman, under one yellow sun, has amazing powers, does that mean if there were 2 yellow suns, like on Star Wars Tattonine, would he have double his amazing powers? What more powers could he possibly have?

I am Lancelot of the Lake, and I have yet to find a king worthy of my sword!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 05:39 AM
xkalybr is currently offline Click here to Send xkalybr a Private Message Find more posts by xkalybr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

He could possibly be more omnipotent, it is debatable. But some would argue that two suns would charge his atoms so much that they would explode.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 08:59 AM
Osaka
Bonkura

According to the first superman movie his dense molecular structure combined with the yellow sun gives him his powers.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 04:10 AM
Osaka is currently offline Click here to Send Osaka a Private Message Find more posts by Osaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Red suns have little to nothing to do with Superman's powers, other than feed him. The lower red sun may have something to do with sight, but we'd be next to crippled (visually) in an atmosphere with lower light levels than that we are accustomed to.

We would, indeed, be the Daredevils of Krypton

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 04:53 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Re: Would we possess powers under a red sun?

Originally posted by BlackC@
Kryptonians are god-like under a yellow sun, could it work in reverse for us?

oh lord....

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 11:44 PM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Even if it were possible we would be incabable of using these powers considering Krypton's gravity is likely thousands of times of that on earth and we'd be completely devastated.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 11:52 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Excuse me, I meant to say "yellow suns"

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 12:23 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

People need to get over the gravity question; heavy G from Krypton is not the reason he flies. Look how many times a comic he can just be standing in place, in mid-air. It's a form of telekenesis, like what the Eternals and Inhumans use for flight. His is much greater, though.

As for Red Sun rays...take a look at Superman: Red Son. Batman tricks Superman into a set-up of Red Solar projectors; they took away his power, and Batman could beat on him like a normal person. The rays did not increase Batman's strength at all, or anything else.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 03:31 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote