KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Would we possess powers under a red sun?

Would we possess powers under a red sun?
Started by: BlackC@

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
People need to get over the gravity question; heavy G from Krypton is not the reason he flies. Look how many times a comic he can just be standing in place, in mid-air. It's a form of telekenesis, like what the Eternals and Inhumans use for flight. His is much greater, though.

Of course heavy gravity from that of Krypton is not why he flies, who said it was? confused

Telekenesis? no

"There is some theory that gravity is carried by subatomic particles
that are called gravitons. Gravitons are something we have not
yet detected... theoretically they will travel in waves much like
light waves or electromagnetic waves. If Superman has a way
of generating gravitons within his own body.. assuming
gravitons exist. He would be flying by essentially riding
by waves of gravity in his immediate environment.."

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 05:12 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

You're the one who said Krypton's gravity was likely thousands of times greater than Earth's.

It's not traditional TK, because he can't lift something from afar. But when he's in contact with something, it could be the source of how he lifts such heavy objects, both standing and in flight.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 06:01 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jakeo0521
coolest guy around

i belive that a human would be able to do unnatural things on a planet with a red sun. i dont know if youd get supermans powers, but i think youd get something.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 09:05 PM
jakeo0521 is currently offline Click here to Send jakeo0521 a Private Message Find more posts by jakeo0521 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
You're the one who said Krypton's gravity was likely thousands of times greater than Earth's.

Yes...but where in my post did I say this relates to Superman's ability to fly???? roll eyes (sarcastic)

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 03:47 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Richv1

The higher gravity on a red sun palnet would make humans very weak. If you could lift a 100 pounds here than there maybe you could only lift one.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:46 PM
Richv1 is currently offline Click here to Send Richv1 a Private Message Find more posts by Richv1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superman41082

No...... it's the dense molecular structure that allows him to absorb energy from a yellow sun. The radiation just meshes well with his makeup. Humans have a less dense structure, and under a red sun, we would most likely just fry....

sig by Juggernaut66666

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 04:51 PM
superman41082 is currently offline Click here to Send superman41082 a Private Message Find more posts by superman41082 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

I asked the exact same question on another board that was exclusively for Superman and his fans.

The overwhelming consensus was indeed that an Earthling would not have "super" powers on Krypton as Kal-El has on ours.

As was stated above, Kryptonians have a much denser molecular structure than human beings, not only on Krypton, but even more so on Earth.

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 02:48 AM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Velkyn

umm, no well... we would dress better than the natives of Krypton.. that's for sure! So, maybe we could bring flashy clothes, trade them for services rendered... then bring them to a secret underground lair here where we could hatch plans for complete and total world domin.... must supress the inner Lex... ok short answer... no

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 04:51 AM
Velkyn is currently offline Click here to Send Velkyn a Private Message Find more posts by Velkyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Up In Flames
"Man of Granite"

makes sense... could happen...

excuse my fist... it thinks you belong with the dirt on the floor...

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 02:09 AM
Up In Flames is currently offline Click here to Send Up In Flames a Private Message Find more posts by Up In Flames Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd like Superman's son be called Booster Gold for the 6th sequel of SR. His absorbing powers are greater than his father's due to human/kryptonian mix...actually what saves his father.

Last edited by redcaped on Sep 24th, 2006 at 05:45 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 05:43 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

Yes, the power of skin cancer.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 07:18 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

not to him

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 09:22 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eric_maester

Smile The Sun???

Happy Dance
Actually I think the way it works is that Kryptonians are already kind of like solar batteries, but even so I believe the logic works in the manner that he came from a yellow sun world his anatomy is adapted to a much larger heavier planet and the kryptonians had long since reached physical and mental perfection. It is also said that they had eradicated disease and hunger. Maybe the reason he cant get sick is because of the kryptionian genes some kind of omni vaccine, and maybe the reason they dont have to eat is because they found an alternate way to gather energy that the body needs( maybe some kind of method resembling photosynthesis) that allows them to absorb solar energy directly through the skin. When a Kryptonian comes to Earth they recieve alot more energy from our yellow sun causing a massive increase in the energy they absorb and thier physically perfect bodies that are now adapting to earths lower gravity they become god like in ability. I think the other abilities come from the absorption of solar energy and allow him to super cool his breath and super heat his vision.
but then again its just a theory and what the hell do I know?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 03:30 PM
eric_maester is currently offline Click here to Send eric_maester a Private Message Find more posts by eric_maester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eric_maester

Tongue I forgot

embarrasment
It just came to my attention that on numerous occasions or at least one BatMan was able to beat super man by exposing him to red solar energy. I think I can explain why
A) BatMan is about as strong as a man without powers can be
B) SuperMan was cut off from yeloow sunlight and exposed to artificial inferior red sunlight that he began to absorb. So he got the effect of being back home on krypton but he didnt get the normal level of nourishment so under these circumstances he is only about 1'10 as strong as the average kryptonian would be on the planet krypton.
think about it if the gravity is greater he should still be about 10x stronger than BatMan at the very least unless he was weak kinda the way a human is if he is starved. I f you go 2 or 3 days without eating I bet youd be too weak to lift a bag of ice. Where as if you were at full energy levels you could probably do it with one finger.
Basically when BatMan beats up red solar power induced SuperMan hes beating up a helpless starving man while he is at the peak of non super abilities......... What a bully.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 03:43 PM
eric_maester is currently offline Click here to Send eric_maester a Private Message Find more posts by eric_maester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Up In Flames
"Man of Granite"

okay. back to the topic... one thing everyone should know is that when kryptonians lose their powers they become average human beings. they dont have any extra photosynthetic organ or something of the sort. their skin become as soft as ours. THEY BECOME COMPLETE HUMANS.

so my theory is that since red suns make them human and yellow suns make them powerfully super human, there's no reason why we shouldnt be as powerful as them under a red sun.

excuse my fist... it thinks you belong with the dirt on the floor...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 01:11 AM
Up In Flames is currently offline Click here to Send Up In Flames a Private Message Find more posts by Up In Flames Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll tell you what guys. Kryptonians deffer from Gods in one way, their abilities are physical while any god controls the will of people and time itself which is greater because the know how to combine them. S can only alter a small time frame but nothing on people's way of behaving.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 12:50 AM
McKal-El

Smile Would we possess powers under a red sun

Actaully we would gain powers just like superman according to comic books. In the present situation maybe not. But When Spiderman battled Superman that was how he was able to fight him. Lex Luthor exposed him to red solar radiation and he even said that a red sun would give us the same powers

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 06:13 PM
McKal-El is currently offline Click here to Send McKal-El a Private Message Find more posts by McKal-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mexy

Shocked

Going back to DC Comic book stories, I can tell you that Dc for sure retconned out the existence of humans having powers under a red sun. But they did create the comic storyline of mighty boy, a human named Thomas Keith sent into Space by his Parents in a home made rocket which accidentally landed on a Planet Zumoor where the radiation from that Planet's golden lunar moon rays amd lower gravity bestowed on him Kryptonian like powers exactly matching those of Superman. He was later renamed Zarl Kazzan by his adoptive parents on that home-world. It was further explained that the radiation of the golden lunar rays gave humans a version of the same meta-genes Kryptonians have under a yellow Sun granting us humans super-human like abilities. Dc never retconned him out of existence until Infinite Crisis and New 52.

Attachment: poster,375x360,ffffff.jpg
This has been downloaded 35 time(s).

Old Post Jan 29th, 2014 10:48 AM
Mexy is currently offline Click here to Send Mexy a Private Message Find more posts by Mexy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

FFS.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 09:55 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

human can't breathe without oxygen... i think red suns radiation would burn up a atmosphere

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 02:12 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote