KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman's Son

Superman's Son
Started by: atheist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by redcaped
When he sees his mother in danger...look on him well. The Luthor part was very small. But Bryan has the word. He knew they were hostages...plain reason.

You should be banned for spamming.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 03:17 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because you don't like me...not my fault. I find my post very normal and it has sense.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 04:12 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

He's only half kryptonian, and he wouldn't be as affected. Especially at that young age, where his sickly condition may be the result of two DNA patterns merging in his system. But there WAS some reaction; Lex picked up on it.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 03:40 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

See how friendly rough is? I do agree with him. The kid is experiencing a serious process. Whatever he's going to be in the future...powerful enough.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 06:13 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rianna_d

Nope, there was no unusual reaction in Jason because of the kryptonite, that's why Lex gives a disappointed look, but later, when he hears about the piano he figures it out. wink (by the way, GREAT scene)

Maybe the two DNA patterns in him make him more powerful, and kryptonite doesn't affect him like it does Superman. Or maybe he's too young and starts developing most of his powers (and kryptonite problems) as he grows older.

I think this whole father/son plot is wonderful, it's the risk the story needed to keep on moving towards more interesting paths, we've had enough of superman saving the day, superman beating lex, superman suffering for lois, having his child in the middle makes everything more interesting.

I loved the movie.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 08:56 AM
rianna_d is currently offline Click here to Send rianna_d a Private Message Find more posts by rianna_d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, we're gonna have six hundred years of supermen!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 05:20 PM
snoochyboochies

Re: Superman's Son

[QUOTE=6808948]Originally posted by atheist
[B]So Superman's son is Jason. Well thats nice but when did he and Lois bang? I know they did eachother in Superman 2 but Superman had given up his powers then so he was human so if the child was concivied then he would be 100% human. And at the end of Superman 2 Superman makes Lois forget everything that happened. I guess it doesnt make sense but I'm ok with it.

I see what you mean but he was sapped of his powers by going into red-sun chamber so his genes would be the same and boys exposure to Earths Yellow sun probably results in him having powers.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 08:46 PM
snoochyboochies is currently offline Click here to Send snoochyboochies a Private Message Find more posts by snoochyboochies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Well i havnīt seen the Movie yet so thanks for adding the **Spoiler** in the title, but neverthless this son business seems like a something out of starwars with the skywalkers, "how and what powers will he have, will he turn to the dark side."

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 09:03 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

that was dark

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 12:06 AM
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Originally posted by redcaped
So, we're gonna have six hundred years of supermen!

Imagine that it were real, in a few thousand years perhaps 25 percent if not more of Earth would be inhabited by individuals with Kryptonian DNA.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 12:13 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not that. I meant each of their lives in the story...300y per

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 02:03 AM
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Ah, yeah it would be an neverending film franchise...Superman's grandson making an appearance on Star Trek. stick out tongue

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 05:24 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Lex may or may not have been unsure about Jason, after waving the K in front of him, but he left the room with the orders "Don't let them leave this room." He had a feeling...

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 03:07 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drowninginjello

Originally posted by roughrider
Lex may or may not have been unsure about Jason, after waving the K in front of him, but he left the room with the orders "Don't let them leave this room." He had a feeling...

Did you see the same movie as the rest of the world?

Lex *THOUGHT* he saw Jason flinch because of the kryponite and tried to see if the initial reaction by Jason had a deeper meaning. He realized it didn't and gave up.

Lex is smart. He didn't want to leave them alone in a room. Nothing you wouldn't see in any other movie.

And if you'd seen the same movie as everyone else, you'd notice Lex's reaction when told that Bruce is dead and he got hit by the piano... Lex's face as he put the pieces together...then asking where the boy is... no rocket science there. Lois isn't superhuman and couldn't push the piano hard enough to kill Bruce... who else was in the room... hmmmmmm...

I got all of that from seeing the movie one time.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 04:51 PM
drowninginjello is currently offline Click here to Send drowninginjello a Private Message Find more posts by drowninginjello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good Conscience!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 05:27 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by drowninginjello
Did you see the same movie as the rest of the world?

Lex *THOUGHT* he saw Jason flinch because of the kryponite and tried to see if the initial reaction by Jason had a deeper meaning. He realized it didn't and gave up.

Lex is smart. He didn't want to leave them alone in a room. Nothing you wouldn't see in any other movie.

And if you'd seen the same movie as everyone else, you'd notice Lex's reaction when told that Bruce is dead and he got hit by the piano... Lex's face as he put the pieces together...then asking where the boy is... no rocket science there. Lois isn't superhuman and couldn't push the piano hard enough to kill Bruce... who else was in the room... hmmmmmm...

I got all of that from seeing the movie one time.

Yes, I did. roll eyes (sarcastic)

We could go in circles with this argument, about what Lex was thinking. What I know is, he had bigger fish to fry - going to launch the crystal/kryptonite and get his plan moving. If nothing happened down below after that, I could see him coming back and wanting to examine Jason some more - little blood test? The prospect of having Superman's son as a hostage, along with Lois, was very appealing to him.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 08:01 PM
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

In my sequel Lex Locked Up

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 08:07 PM
.Dance_Inside.

Supermans son...
was the adorable

EDWARD CULLEN IS MY LIFE.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 11:45 PM
.Dance_Inside. is currently offline Click here to Send .Dance_Inside. a Private Message Find more posts by .Dance_Inside. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MarioR

Jason is not a Supermanīs son; its just a Clon addopted by Lois.. You will see....

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 07:51 PM
MarioR is currently offline Click here to Send MarioR a Private Message Find more posts by MarioR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, it can't be rated R

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 07:58 PM