KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Sentry Respect Thread

Sentry Respect Thread
Started by: Accel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (57): « First ... « 33 34 [35] 36 37 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kgkg
--------Sentry vs Namor-------

Emma calls Sentry God.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Some speed feat: Sentry is able to leave earth very quickly.
(please log in to view the image)
Namor was out of his league from the get go. Too bad Sentry had a agenda or he would have finished that arrogant f*cker.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 12:13 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by tkitna
I'm behind in buying comics so can someone shed some light here? Who is chasing Sentry? I gather that Emma got into his mind and thats supposed to be the Void?
Yes Emma got into his mind and that is the Void. Emma was trying to hold of the Void but couldn't do it.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 01:08 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Namor was out of his league from the get go. Too bad Sentry had a agenda or he would have finished that arrogant f*cker.

Their fights say otherwise. A younger Namor held his own just fine against Sentry, and Namor in this fight was doing the exact same.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 01:43 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

What issue was their other fight in?

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 01:47 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlindMurdock

Originally posted by Longinus
Neil Gaiman would be a good choice as well, someone who can sweep in and rewrite Sentry making him fit perfectly into Marvel. I wish I could purchase the charcter lol or had the idea for him before Jenkins...he has so much potential!

Some one needs to write a better Sentry.I don't care who it is,I just want him out of Bendis's hands.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 03:59 PM
BlindMurdock is currently offline Click here to Send BlindMurdock a Private Message Find more posts by BlindMurdock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlindMurdock

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Their fights say otherwise. A younger Namor held his own just fine against Sentry, and Namor in this fight was doing the exact same.

It's a comic.It happens sometimes.A character who can't beat another will be made to look like he stands a chance.Also because Sentry's powers are connected to his emotional state and his mental stability it's possible he wasn't at his best when he fought Namor.Namor is nowhere near Sentry's league.

Last edited by BlindMurdock on Sep 13th, 2009 at 04:15 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 04:03 PM
BlindMurdock is currently offline Click here to Send BlindMurdock a Private Message Find more posts by BlindMurdock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by BlindMurdock
It's a comic.It happens sometimes.A character who can't beat another will be made to look like he stands a chance.Also because Sentry's powers are connected to his emotional state and his mental stability it's possible he wasn't at his best when he fought Namor.Namor is nowhere near Sentry's league.

The Void was in control hence the reason why Emma had to hold it for a few seconds to allow the Sentry to regain control of himself. Since the Void was in control at the time it would mean Sentry would have been near his best since his emotional state wouldn't have been hindering him. You can say that about Namor but everything in the issue says otherwise. You could argue though that had the fight lasted longer the Sentry(Void) may have turned Namor into Sushi but that's something else completely.

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Sep 13th, 2009 at 05:53 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 05:49 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I'm not so sure the Void was in control, that notions doesn't make the slightest bit of sense with Sentry's characterization in the reset of Dark Reign. All we can say is for certain is that Bob wasn't in control, but Bob isn't the Sentry or the Void, he is one of three separate personalities (perhaps more).

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 05:55 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Longinus

I just want to see someone just take Robert, Sentry and Void seriously. Don't make Robert an incompetent idiot that can be brainwashed by Osborn. In Jenkin's care Robert was akin to Superman...he was respected by other heroes and feared by his enemies. Now Bendis is making a mockery of that...crying and fleeing from the Void? It's old and redundant and a cheap excuse to not develope Robert or have him participate in battles by the writers. If you're going to refer to him as God or being Godlike, reflect that in his actions and please have Robert stop calling people "little man", that's not Sentry like at all. Please let this merger with Disney have some benefit for this character.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 05:55 PM
Longinus is currently offline Click here to Send Longinus a Private Message Find more posts by Longinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I'm not so sure the Void was in control, that notions doesn't make the slightest bit of sense with Sentry's characterization in the reset of Dark Reign. All we can say is for certain is that Bob wasn't in control, but Bob isn't the Sentry or the Void, he is one of three separate personalities (perhaps more).

Fraction kind of implies it here:

http://comicbookresources.com/?page...le&id=22907

Maybe one can argue that Bob was trying to fight back? Hence the dream sequence from SI: Dark Reign??? Regardless the Void had some sort of control ever since he flew into space.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 05:58 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Except the Sentry's reason for joining Osborn in the first place is that Osborn convinced him that the Void didn't even exist.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 06:04 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Except the Sentry's reason for joining Osborn in the first place is that Osborn convinced him that the Void didn't even exist.

That's what I mean by the fighting back but it looks like it was a losing fight I don't even think Osborn knows that the Void was there. Emma was having dream sequences of Bobs White Room in Uncanny X-Men as well so that could be used as evidence that he was fighting back and calling out to her or she pre-cog'd it since she also saw that she'd be contaminated by it...don't know yet we'll have to wait and see.

He seemed to have been more at ease carrying out Osborns business as Dark Avengers went on, compare his reaction to pulling off Morgans head to his reaction to killing Namors people. That could be a sign that the Void was gaining more and more control over him, I mean Osborn even told Bob that he'll need the Void be able to kill the Atlantean terrorists. The Sentry's eyes were also black when he committed the deed, just like when the Void took over in SI, it could be said that after the deed the Void was in more control then ever.

Not to mention that the Void had to be held for a few seconds for Bob to take control again.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 06:12 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
That's what I mean by the fighting back but it looks like it was a losing fight I don't even think Osborn knows that the Void was there. Emma was having dream sequences of Bobs White Room in Uncanny X-Men as well so that could be used as evidence that he was fighting back and calling out to her or she pre-cog'd it since she also saw that she'd be contaminated by it...don't know yet we'll have to wait and see.

He seemed to have been more at ease carrying out Osborns business as Dark Avengers went on, compare his reaction to pulling off Morgans head to his reaction to killing Namors people. That could be a sign that the Void was gaining more and more control over him, I mean Osborn even told Bob that he'll need the Void be able to kill the Atlantean terrorists. The Sentry's eyes were also black when he committed the deed, just like when the Void took over in SI, it could be said that after the deed the Void was in more control then ever.

Not to mention that the Void had to be held for a few seconds for Bob to take control again.

I don't know, it doesn't make any sense. He's been nothing like the Void for the entirety of Dark Reign, I mean... that certainly wasn't the Void fighting Hercules or She-Hulk. Not to mention the physically manifestation of the Void doesn't look anything like Bob, or the Sentry; if he was the Void we should have been able to tell by looking at him. Seems like sloppy writing, to get a part of Void into Emma for a future plot point IMO.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 06:18 PM
ExodusCloak

I don't know, it doesn't make any sense. He's been nothing like the Void for the entirety of Dark Reign, I mean... that certainly wasn't the Void fighting Hercules or She-Hulk. Not to mention the physically manifestation of the Void doesn't look anything like Bob, or the Sentry; if he was the Void we should have been able to tell by looking at him. Seems like sloppy writing, to get a part of Void into Emma for a future plot point IMO.

Didn't the fights with Hercules and She-Hulk take place before Dark Avengers #6? Dark Avengers #6 is when Osborn tells Bob to embrace the Void and Sentry's eyes go black. In SI when Sentry flew into space and the Void took over, he didn't change that much physically his eyes went black and I think he went blueish and there was big writing saying THE VOOOID...IRRC.

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Sep 13th, 2009 at 06:26 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 06:21 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Not sure about the chronology but the She-Hulk, fight was at least released after it... where it fits into the time line though, I'm not sure.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 06:42 PM
ExodusCloak

Not sure about the chronology but the She-Hulk, fight was at least released after it.

'twas but Dark Reign: Avengers The List begins right after the Utopia Crossover. He embraced the Void when he was fighting FemUltron as well...and he left the building according to the Void in Mighty Avengers #14.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 06:44 PM
BlindMurdock

Either way Sentry should mop the floor with Namor.

Last edited by BlindMurdock on Sep 13th, 2009 at 07:15 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 07:12 PM
BlindMurdock

Bendis wrote it.You expect it to make sense?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 07:14 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
He embraced the Void when he was fighting FemUltron as well...

thumb up

Originally posted by BlindMurdock
Bendis wrote it.You expect it to make sense?

Bendis AND Fraction sick

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 07:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CATMANEXE

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Bendis AND Fraction sick

my thoughts exactly. Utopia was a mess and a huge letdown.
they must of been drunk or something. i hope Magneto's return
doesnt bomb like this turd did.

"We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer."
-Hunter S. Thompson
—"Extreme Behavior in Aspen," February 3, 2003

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 05:48 PM
CATMANEXE is currently offline Click here to Send CATMANEXE a Private Message Find more posts by CATMANEXE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote