KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Apollo vs. Majestic

Apollo vs. Majestic
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus
You ever read a good number of WS books? I haven't seen such awful characterization since Chuck Austen's run on Super(Spider)man.

What's wrong with it? They were concerned with what he was going to do to their universe. Seems pretty logical to me. erm

Last edited by batdude123 on Jul 7th, 2006 at 08:55 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 08:45 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by batdude123
What's wrong with it? They were concerned with what he was going to do to their universe. Seems pretty logical to me. erm

So if Superman started killing villains at random in the wake of Infinite Crisis, you would accept that because he's just worried about the universe?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 08:56 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

So if Superman started killing villains at random in the wake of Infinite Crisis, you would accept that because he's just worried about the universe?

What the f**k? Yeah, actually I would accept that. laughing

jk But what's that have to do with anything?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 08:58 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by batdude123
What the f**k? Yeah, actually I would accept that. laughing

jk But what's that have to do with anything?

That type of mis-characterization was rampant in the entire series. Wildstorm continuity was all but ignored completely. Obiviously since you don't read WS you wouldn't notice it but theres a reason it's one of the most complained about comics in recent memory.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 09:03 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

That type of mis-characterization was rampant in the entire series. Wildstorm continuity was all but ignored completely. Obiviously since you don't read WS you wouldn't notice it but theres a reason it's one of the most complained about comics in recent memory.

Got me there, I don't read a lot of WS. So their personalities were out of whack in that comic series?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 09:04 PM
HaSon

To say the least as well as continuity.

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/...adID=2000059547

That's just the first few issues and it's missing a fair bit actually.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 09:09 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

To put it simply the entire seires was a fanboygasm for Atom fans...

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 09:31 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by grey fox

Not in the least bit. no The character's personalities may have been off, but it didn't come off like that was the case at all. no

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 09:33 PM
HaSon

Originally posted by grey fox

I'd say thats pretty close to the truth. Sadly it was a top seller for WS so thats the version more people are familiar with.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 09:35 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

How? It's not like he was singlehandedly taking on the Doctor, Jenny, Hawksmoor, Majestic, Apollo, and Midnighter at the same time until the end, but there was a reason for that. If that was the case however, then I'd agree with you.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 09:37 PM
the Darkone

Mr. Majestic will serve Apollo all day, Mr. Majestic is stronger, faster, more durable, better fighter, Genius level intelligence, weapons up the ass next to Thanos. Owneage Mr. Majestic 10/10

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 09:46 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Alright, back on subject, yes Majestic would own him.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 09:47 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

To say the least as well as continuity.

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/...adID=2000059547

That's just the first few issues and it's missing a fair bit actually.

I figured as much. Utter crap.

I'll probably still get it though, just because I'm an Authority 'complete-ist' with my collecting.

I'd also like to be able to have it onhand, so I can be angry more intelligently.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 09:59 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

majestic beats apollo.
and atom fighting wildstorm wansīt fanboysm, most of the times he beat them trough thinking and not rwa power, since he had acess to their files where he could search for weaknesses.
The fight between atom and majestic its not a decisive one, you canīt really say who beat who.
and atom is in fact very underrated in dc comics, he would murder power girl. the man can even rearrange atoms

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 04:01 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote