KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Battle #3

This poll is closed.
DC/Batdude 12 44.44%
Leo/Kahn 15 55.56%
Total: 27 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle #3
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheKahn
The Dude abides

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus
Was that a non official post Kahn?

Non-official post:

In response to you official inquiry as to whether my last official post was indeed an official post or if it was another non-official, I would like to officially confirm that it was in fact official.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 07:39 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope not

edit: Good big grin

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 07:39 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
*another non-official*

He had learned time travel abilities before Wildstorm... confused

So if he's bumped back time...let's say a half a hour...he's out? Even if he could return from the BFR under his own power?

Can we just get rid of the time-travel BFR and the return?? Please?

Atom can be beat through normal means, right? And the whole time travel thing is just making me frustrated.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:06 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

I don't know Digi. erm

Nate's quantum jump is a weakness no different from Superman and K-nite. DC and Batdude should have known (and obviously did know) it would come up during battle.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:12 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Validus
I don't know Digi. erm

Nate's quantum jump is a weakness no different from Superman and K-nite. DC and Batdude should have known (and obviously did know) it would come up during battle.

It's just hard saying that he can be beat that way, and not return via the same means. He can do that rather easily, right?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:13 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

In few seconds.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:14 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by DigiMark007

Atom can be beat through normal means, right? And the whole time travel thing is just making me frustrated.

Well the only problem is that Captain Atom's tendency to remove himself from the battle has been a standard aspect of the character for a very long time. Hell, it is even mentioned in the bio of him DC and Batdude used. erm

As such Leo and I have made it a very important part of our strategy and banning it at this point would seem to give DC and Batdude an unfair advantage. Much like Superman's weakness to kryptonite, this weakness is well known and should have been considered when DC and Batdude drafted Captain Atom or addressed in their prep time.

Voluntary time travel has been banned from the very start and they new that going in (so why they even mentioned the Wildstorm feat I do not know). IMO they knew the risks with associated with him at the time they drafted him and they knew the rules of the Tourney. Why should Leo and I get penalized just because they made a mistake? That just my thoughts on it.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:16 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

non-official: what the hell, everyone else is doing it . . . roll eyes (sarcastic)

it really is the easiest way to be rid of him though -- you saw the scan of how easily max nearly got rid of him in one of my posts. and it IS a weakness. beyond that, i don't know that he really has a choice of whether he'll jump or not. i truly don't see why they simply aren't forced to show a scan of silver atom doing it since they are so sure of the fact it was within his powers to do it without the void present . . . and for the luv-a-pete -- SILVER is the character in the fight!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:17 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

It's just hard saying that he can be beat that way, and not return via the same means. He can do that rather easily, right?

Well that would be up to Batdude to prove since Nathan is his character. If he can the debate simply continues as normal.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:17 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Alright, so we can't get rid of it.

But I'm correct in assuming Nate can be beat through other means, right?

If that's the case, I don't see why we can't just it be allowed both ways, with leo/kahn having the advantage of a 3-on-2 for a time until Nate can return to the battle (provided batdude can back up the claim that he could return quickly).

If it's not a "weakness" in normal comics (i.e. if he has the ability to return to the battle) I don't see why need to make it an artificial 'weakness' that hasn't been present in the character for years.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:20 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

NO!! that's the point. SILVER atom has never -- to teh best of my knowledge -- SHOWN that ability. IF they find a scan showing he ca do it, THEN we can tackle teh legalities of his voluntarily traveling back. but until such time, the character they are using has NOT shown the ability and it is not listed in his bio they provided.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:21 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

So old school Atom couldn't, but WS Atom can travel easily? is that the issue?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:24 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

YES!!!! like i said, it's not even in his bio.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:25 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by leonidas
NO!! that's the point. SILVER atom has never -- to teh best of my knowledge -- SHOWN that ability. IF they find a scan showing he ca do it, THEN we can tackle teh legalities of his voluntarily traveling back. but until such time, the character they are using has NOT shown the ability and it is not listed in his bio they provided.

We already know that Captain Atom can travel under his own power. Wildstorm Captain Atom is the same Atom, he wasn't even aware of the Void. He said that he had done it in past (before even getting to Wildstorm) and he had been taught to do that. We don't need to provide any more scans when it is already stated on panel that he CAN and HAS done so, without Wildstorm.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:26 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

gladiator SAID he ripped a star in half. hulk SAID he was the strongest. not the same thing dc, and i guarantee if you were in my position you'd be arguing against it too. wink

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:28 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

We already know that Captain Atom can travel under his own power. Wildstorm Captain Atom is the same Atom, he wasn't even aware of the Void. He said that he had done it in past (before even getting to Wildstorm) and he had been taught to do that. We don't need to provide any more scans when it is already stated on panel that he CAN and HAS done so, without Wildstorm.

That should settle it then, right? If either iteration could do it, I'd feel inclined to allow it, simply because allow a BFR by the same means, but not the return seems disngenuous. I don't want to create a "weakness" in the character that doesn't actually exist in the comics.

I'd refer back to this though....

But I'm correct in assuming Nate can be beat through other means, right?

If that's the case, I don't see why we can't just it be allowed both ways, with leo/kahn having the advantage of a 3-on-2 for a time until Nate can return to the battle (provided batdude can back up the claim that he could return quickly).

If it's not a "weakness" in normal comics (i.e. if he has the ability to return to the battle) I don't see why need to make it an artificial 'weakness' that hasn't been present in the character for years.

The BFR can still act as an advantage, and I'm assuming Atom can be defeated through other means as well.

P.S. I agree somewhat leo, but Atom wasn't boasting or anything...it was more statement of fact. he would have little reason to lie about knowing this technique beforehand.

Again, judges can decide if they want to believe it or not....they're certainly free to choose either way depending on what they feel is the better argument. You're more than welcome to continue to debate against the return as a tactic...but I'm pretty much done making decrees.

Last edited by Digi on Jul 11th, 2006 at 08:31 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:29 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

That should settle it then, right? If either iteration could do it, I'd feel inclined to allow it, simply because allow a BFR by the same means, but not the return seems disngenuous. I don't want to create a "weakness" in the character that doesn't actually exist in the comics.

I'd refer back to this though....

The BFR can still act as an advantage, and I'm assuming Atom can be defeated through other means as well.

P.S. I agree somewhat leo, but Atom wasn't boasting or anything...it was more statement of fact. he would have little reason to lie about knowing this technique beforehand.

Again, judges can decide if they want to believe it or not....they're certainly free to choose either way depending on what they feel is the better argument. You're more than welcome to continue to debate against the return as a tactic...but I'm pretty much done making decrees.

ahhh, all right. then i'm done too. wink

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:34 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

And any Void influence on CA isn't allowed (because it was so temporary)...I think we covered that a while ago.

So yeah, DC/batdude can argue for the time-travel return with that scan, and leo/kahn can argue against regular CA being able to do so if they want as well. But I won't be decreeing who is 'right' in this situation since it isn't clear. That will be for the judges.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:37 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by leonidas
gladiator SAID he ripped a star in half. hulk SAID he was the strongest. not the same thing dc, and i guarantee if you were in my position you'd be arguing against it too. wink
That is not the same thing and you know it. Atom was not boasting, he was stating a fact.

He can time travel under his own power, and we have proof to that. You, in turn have nothing against it.

Just stating the facts. Batdude will do the same, I think...

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:45 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

LAST NON-OFFICIAL POST

That is not the same thing and you know it. Atom was not boasting, he was stating a fact.

He can time travel under his own power, and we have proof to that. You, in turn have nothing against it.

Just stating the facts. Batdude will do the same, I think...

actually, prove glads did NOT rip the star in half . . .

as for the fact that we have 'nothing against it' . . . well, the fact that a silver atom (you know, the one you're using . . .) has never been shown to time travel, is rather a large bit of proof i thought . . .

as i said, no worries though. wink

Last edited by leonidas on Jul 11th, 2006 at 08:55 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:48 PM