KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Ben's lack of imagination...

Ben's lack of imagination...
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ben's lack of imagination...

Another one of my questions... not sure if you;ve been through this one before...

Obi-Wan goes into hiding on Tatooine, right? This in itself seems to be a strange choice of planet to hide Luke, but never mind all that.

Now, why does this Jedi in hding wear his bloody robes? Talk about asking for trouble...

Mind you, perhaps it WAS a great idea. Everyone else on Tatooine dressed the same way as well- severe Jedi envy on that planet.

Ok, what this all comes from is that GL decided to make Obi-Wan's gear the standard Jedi Uniform, possibly forgetting that it was originally the Tatooine gear, and not meant to be his old uniform. For years I thought what Luke was wearing in ROTJ was proper Jedi gear- and from what I hear, early versions of TPM Jedi wore something very similar...

Anyhow. So, to bring all that together- Obi-Wan seems to display an appalling l;ack of imagination with the whole set-up as of the start of Episode IV. Anyone got any good ideas as to why this is all so?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2001 05:13 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Maybe the beard was false? Hell superman puts on glasses and they don't recognise him!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2001 02:35 PM
Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

I always had that problem with the Jedi robes. I'd have preferred some cooler dress myself. Hence my rebellion against the robe in the role play.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2001 11:11 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Fair enough. I'm waiting for someone else to make a move in that, by the way...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2001 12:10 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

So am I, actually. But Xizor's latest move complicates things.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2001 01:09 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It won't be a problem.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2001 10:33 PM
DarthBorgie

y not?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2001 08:44 PM
Click here to Send DarthBorgie a Private Message Find more posts by DarthBorgie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

These things work themselves out, and Xizor has edited his post anyway.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 4th, 2001 09:02 PM
DarthBorgie

Thats good

Old Post Apr 5th, 2001 01:25 AM
Click here to Send DarthBorgie a Private Message Find more posts by DarthBorgie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Time to bring this old topic back into foucs. Any ideas, anyone, on my original point up top?

BtVS

Old Post Aug 5th, 2001 02:42 PM
finti

I kind of asked for the same thing only it regarded Luke. You find it under the why skywalker thread.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2001 03:49 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I like the Jedi uniform. It's kind of passive and unthreatening. The first mission the Jedi are on in TPM is to negotiate peace. If they walked into a peace meeting wearing military clothes and battle gear then I don't think it would work.

Also they have to fit in with the other people in the Galaxy. In TPM Qui-Gon walks around Mos Espa and no one except Anakin realises that he is a Jedi and the only disguise he has is a poncho. I think that's why Obi-Wan just kept his uniform. But if you watch ANH then you'll notice that in almost all of his scenes where he is in Mos Eisley he is covering himself up and hiding his face. I think he realises the dangers of living on Tatooine but he has to because of Luke.

Thats one thing I didn't like about Ewan McGregors performance in TPM. In ANH Obi-Wan seems odd. He walks nervously and always seems to be on edge but in TPM he has this swagger when he walks and is very confident. I hope he becomes more like the old Obi-Wan in ep2.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2001 05:29 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I am of the opinion that TPM was released too quickly after the Special Editions, there are a few things that are not right if you compare Tatooine in TPM and ANH, those robes are a new example

Old Post Aug 5th, 2001 06:18 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

Well, OB1 is going to experience a lot of stuff in II and III to make him a bit edgy.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2001 05:41 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Like he was dumped by Annakin for Padme wink

Old Post Aug 11th, 2001 01:34 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

He was dumped by Qui-Gon for Anakin as well.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2001 05:48 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

i always felt quite sorry for ob1, it was partly his fault that qgj died, partly his fault that anakin turned, he then had to leave in a sandpit for the rest of his life gaurding Luke, as far as we know he had no hot looking Natalie Portman type chasing after him, he then gets killed by Vader and then has to watch from afar as Luke gets his hand chopped off and labelled a liar by vader, oh happy days

Old Post Aug 15th, 2001 10:21 PM
Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

But he gets eternal life with Yoda and a redeemed Anakin!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2001 02:31 AM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

And he kicked Darth Mauls ass. But I agree with you. He had a pretty tough life.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2001 05:10 PM
yerssot

And QGJ said in the commercial:
It will be a hard life etc.
So it was coming to him

Old Post Aug 16th, 2001 06:21 PM