KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Summer Changed

Summer Changed
Started by: iluvhpsomuch1_7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

Chapter 11
Alex’s Point of View

“And what are so unhappy about?” I asked.

“Her of course but now that I know that she’s gone, let’s celebrate!” She was happier than I thought.

“No kidding. Pass me a soda.” Jake said from behind the couch and stuck his hand up in the air. Sam threw the soda perfectly to his hand and he clasped it perfectly.

“Nice catch.” I said it just because it was the truth. Then again all guys have good hand-eye coordination even if he wasn’t looking at it.

Right when I said it though he sat up and looked at me questionably.

“What?” I shrugged.

“That’s the first nice thing I think you’ve ever said to me.” His face was all distorted. It looked kind of funny so I laughed, then it went back to normal once I started talking. He was forgetting the time before we left for the lake and down on the dock but I wasn’t going to say anything.

“I compliment something if it was worth complimenting. Not like you’ll get one from me a lot.” I love doing that. He gets so defensive.

“So now you’re telling me I’m bad at everything.” His eyes narrowed.

“I never said that. I said that you wouldn’t get a compliment from me very often.”

Sam was just sitting on the kitchen counter moving her head back in forth.

“Yeah, that means you think I’m bad at everything I do. You owe me Alex so if I were you I’d be…” He didn’t finish.

“I do not ‘owe’ you anymore. If it wasn’t for me you wouldn’t have had the guts to send Cilla away.” I raised my voice.

“I did that on my own terms. Not with any of your help.”

Sam laughed resulting in me laughing.

“Alright then if you’re not bad at everything then what can you do?” I said still laughing and Jake glared.

“You do think I’m bad at everything!”

“Maybe. What are you good at?”

“Well, I’m good at getting on your nerves,” I stopped laughing and Sam pulled out the tub of ice cream. She began to eat out of it with a spoon and I joined, “I’m good with kids,”

Sam and I both laughed at this.

“What boring them to death with your… boringness.” I’m pretty sure that’s the lamest thing I’ve ever said.

“Nice comeback and no. I have a little sister.”

“Whoa I didn’t know that!” Sam said excited.

“You never asked.” He said simply.

“How old is she?” I asked.

“Six.”

“Aw!” Sam and I said together.

“Anyway, I’m also good at running. Yeah remember that?”

“Psh.”

“Alex, you know I run and you know I’m good too.”

“Alright then let’s have a race.”

“Now? No way, tomorrow morning.”

“Fine. We’ll do it early though, we’re leaving at ten.”

“Fine. What’s in for me though?”

“Hmm…if I win then you can’t bother me about ‘owning’ you and… you have to be Sam’s and my slave for a day. If you win…”

“You get to be my slave for a day.”

“Deal.”

He was about to walk away.

“You better be ready because you are losing that race.”

I started flicking my spoon at him.

“Yeah right.” I flicked my spoon a little too hard and I forgot there was ice cream on it. If you’re following me, then you’ll know the ice cream ended up splattering on his face. My jaw dropped and I smiled at the same time, if that’s possible. His face was hilarious though.

“Oops.” I said trying to sound as innocent as I could.

He just wiped it off and walked away to go to sleep.

»«

Jake was actually taking this thing seriously, although, he was getting a chance for me to be his slave, which would never happen.

Eight o’clock he was down on the lake shore, stretching and what not. I stretched inside just because I didn’t really feeling like arguing about who was going to win or not. I just wanted to get it over with.

I warmed up by jogging down there. I drew the starting line and we had Sam stand about 100 meters away from us. She would blow her hand whistle when it was time for us to go.

I lined up my front foot on the line and Jake copied. I was ready to win this race.

Sam blew the whistle and we took off. Neck and neck the whole way down but I had my secrets. I looked over at him, he was all like serious but I couldn’t laugh it would slow me down. Running and laughing is almost impossible.

Anyway, I looked at him about a third away from the finish line. I burst into a hidden amount of speed but it wasn’t working like it usually did. He had a new speed too. I increased a little bit more and it felt like I was flying. Wonderful. The breeze just flowing and the smell! The smell was intriguing!

In the end, I won. Right when I tagged Sam’s hand I started laughing. I dropped to the ground and just laid there facing the sky. It was beautiful! I closed my eyes and let the suns rays sink into me. It was warm and I probably looked like a fool. Who cared? I surely didn’t. It was summer.

I could only see my eye lids that were slightly orange from the sun’s light. Suddenly I wasn’t seeing that anymore. It was a dark room. There was an outline of a woman. One that was very familiar.

“If I die, Stroten, it will not be for surrender because I have never surrendered. It is for my country, my family, and protection to everyone else.”

“Very well then.” A deep voice sounded from nowhere, “You have met your fate.”

There was a sound of a sword being pulled and a scream.

“Mom!” the word I screamed every time I experienced this scene. I jolted out of my imagination. If it was imagination. Yes I’ve experienced this before. It was weird though usually I saw this in a dream and I wasn’t asleep, I knew for sure.

I sat up to find I was covered in a cold sweat.

I had to find out what this dream, image, or whatever it was meant. It had happened too many times now for me to ignore it.

Short chapter I know. It tells alot though I think. It was fun to write. Yes Jake has a sister I debated whether or not to have him have a sister.

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 05:05 PM
iluvhp1_7 is currently offline Click here to Send iluvhp1_7 a Private Message Find more posts by iluvhp1_7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Awesome, again!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 11:30 PM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

Chapter 12
Jake’s Point of View

“Alex. Alex. Alex!” She turned and looked at me.

That’s the second time that’s happened and I want to know what’s going on.

“Are you alright?” I cocked my head a little.

“Yeah, yeah. I just ran a little too fast.” She smiled, quickly got up and ran off with Sam to the front.

I sat there a while wondering, trying to figure out why on Earth would Alex scream “mom”. The only conclusion was that something usually abnormal was happening to her. Only because her mom was dead, she died when Alex was three there’s no way she could remember her mother. Then it crossed me that Alex was already unusual. I didn’t really know how she was unusual but she just was.

I heard the car start. They were already leaving so I ran up to the front and hopped in the back, again. I mean seriously, I am a good driver!

Mrs. Thompson greeted us when we returned to the house. Apparently Mr. Thompson had to go on another business trip. Poor man, always traveling. Can’t imagine how hard was for Sam growing up with him always gone.

After putting my suitcase in my room, I walked down to the kitchen noticing Alex on the old swing in the backyard. Politely acknowledging Mrs. Thompson, I joined Alex. I wanted one of those good-natured conversations, like the one on the dock.

“My mom didn’t die in a car crash, did she?” She twiddled her thumbs.

“Who told you that?”

“My dad.” She looked up.

“No she didn’t.” I sighed. This was something that I would never have expected. Especially Alex, she’s trusting me with something. A big step from before. It going to be hard for her to hear but harder for me to tell her. “She was assassinated.” I frowned.

Silence. I felt bad for her. All her life her father told her that her mother died in a car crash. That’s not right.

“By who?” This is the only girl that would not have started crying yet. There was something wrong with that. She wanted revenge! Again! Like I said plotting revenge in her free time.

“I’m not telling you.”

“Don’t worry I think I already know. Stroten right?”

There is no possibility that she would know that. She doesn’t know anything about Ongoland!

“Wha…but…?” I was totally confused.

“I think I was there when it happened. I’ve been having these dreams lately. They show, I’m guessing, the exact stop it happened. I mean how else would I know, if I wasn’t there. People thought I wouldn’t remember because I was only three at the time. And it’s true, it was Stroten.” You could tell she was somewhat excited considering she was talking really fast.

“You’re not thinking what I think your thinking.”

“I’m going to Ongoland.” Her eyebrows furrowed.

“No Alex. I haven’t even spent a month here. And I can’t let you go until you’re fully prepared and you’re not.”

“You don’t know if I’m ready or not!”

“Alex, you have to know a lot more! Certain people, certain places, certain parts of history. That’s why I came here to help you, because I was born and raised there. I know everything there is to know about Ongoland. Besides it’s too risky.”

Crap. Should not have said that last part.

“Why would it be too risky?”

“Well…um…”

“Spit it out!”

“There’s a war going on!”

Alex, was shocked.

“Well, then all the more reason for me to go over there now.”

“No, at least wait until the end of the month.”

I wanted to wait, at least give her some time. She was all flustered from all the information. I a few weeks she’ll know that couldn’t go to Ongoland right this moment. It was just too risky.

»«

Dinner was great as usual. Mrs. Thompson is the best cook ever.

Walking past Alex’s room, the door was cracked. I wanted to check on her.

As always, music playing. This time Boston by Augustana. Good song I must admit. She was on her laptop.

“Alex? Are you alright?” I asked.

The laptop screen slapped down suspiciously.

“Yeah, perfectly fine.” She smiled, again very suspiciously.

“Okay.” I said questionably. I ignored it after a while and turned on the TV. The news specifically.

“The country Ongoland, the country that we all know and love.” The news anchor began. “War has bestowed this once peaceful country. Invasion in the nation’s capital, Coran, by the Itzuians was just devastating. Leaving families with no shelter or food, the Itzuian army burned Coran’s main arsenals and factories. Please if you want to make a donation call this number…” I droned out the last part.

My country is suffering and I’m here in the United States helping a princess that probably already knows everything. I had to go back but I’m keeping my word, we have to wait until the end of the month.

Suffering.

---
I actually liked writing this chapter, somewhat depressing.

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 12:17 AM
iluvhp1_7 is currently offline Click here to Send iluvhp1_7 a Private Message Find more posts by iluvhp1_7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

C'mon ya'll. I've only gotten 1 comment on BOTH sites. Please comment!

P.s. I almost have Chapter 13.

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 02:36 AM
fallingoutgrl
Finally Free

Sorry i haven't been on in a while. I really like it! Keep going!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 02:59 AM
fallingoutgrl is currently offline Click here to Send fallingoutgrl a Private Message Find more posts by fallingoutgrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

WOW. Totaly amazing. I love it.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 12:30 AM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

Chapter 13
Alex’s Points of View

Dinner was great like all the other times I’ve eaten with the Thompsons.

My father lied to me and the dreams were surprisingly true.

Assassinated. What a horrible word. The whole time Jake was talking, I just remembered I couldn’t cry, no crying, don’t cry. Not that I care what he thinks but for some reason I wanted him to know that I wasn;t one of those sappy, cry-on-a-guy’s-shoulder kind of girls.

After watching a movie with Sam, I headed on to bed. I sat there under the cover for a while, just contemplating what happened in the past couple of days.

“Look it up on Google!” Jakes voice echoed in my head.

Google. Interesting.

I picked up my laptop and pulled up Google’s main page. Jacob Reyes. No results. Jacob Ruyeros Reyes Rasmussen. Score, like 50 bazillion results came up. I clicked on the first one.

“Alex? Are you okay?” Damn you Jake and your quietness.

I slammed down the screen and nodded.

“I’m fine!” I smiled.

Phew. I clicked on Biography.

First there was a picture of him in the right hand corner. He didn’t look half bad. Actually not bad at all.

“Prince Jacob Ruyeros Reyes Rasmussen, we all describe him as generous and sweet, cute and loveable.”

What the hell?

“He was born December 20, 1988 and about to turn 19. He lives with his father, King Dadius Reyes, and mother, Queen Ryene Reyes, in Monow Castle near Coran.You can’t forget his adorable six year old sister, Rey Reyes.
It was rumored that this summer he is taking a trip to the United States. This hasn’t been confirmed yet though.”

That’s it! That’s all there is! Nothing about his past or personal life. Only a cute picture and two paragraphs of useless information I already know. Except for the fact that people adore him over in Ongoland and his birthday. Which struck a nerve because that’s day before mine. No! He’s one day older than me. One day!

I clicked on some of the links, but all the information was the same. I wanted to know more! I wanted to find out about this guy! He was probably thinking the same thing. He probably wanted to know who I was and my birthday. Maybe we could just talk, not necessarily be friends but just get to know each other.

The neon light of the alarm clock showed 1:13. He had to be asleep by now. I didn’t even know if he had a laptop even an email address at that. But it didn’t matter, this would work somehow.

I opened my door, tip-toed down the hallway and into Jake’s room. I had done this before so why was I so nervous? I didn’t know maybe because I was alone but maybe not. You could smell the Axe but it wasn’t as strong as you would think. It was actually nice. I searched his room, reoccurring the time I was in here before I remembered his backpack near the window. I finally found it. Unzipped it as quietly as I could and score! Laptop. I made it out safely.

I opened the screen, pretty plain. He had Gmail. That’s interesting. Anyway, I snagged his email address and returned the laptop. Made it out safely again but slightly missing that boyish smell.

I copied and pasted one of the survey’s from my Myspace and sent it to him in an email. Finally I could sleep although I had the worry of what he might say.

I eagerly checked my email the next morning. Surprisingly, Jake had replied. There was nothing but the same survey but there were different answers. His answers.

All the characteristics: 6’1”, brown hair, brown eyes, etc. He doesn’t smoke or drink or do drugs or any of that. Favorite color, blue, favorite food, pizza, etc. Then the comment at the end: “I’m older than you by one day!!!Haha!”. Surprisingly we had a lot in common.

We disagree on everything, though. That’s why I wanted to talk. I might send him another email. It could be worth it.

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 11:27 PM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Amazing. I love it!!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 08:55 PM
fallingoutgrl
Finally Free

I love it!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 07:34 PM
fallingoutgrl is currently offline Click here to Send fallingoutgrl a Private Message Find more posts by fallingoutgrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Update soon I hope??

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 11:10 PM
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

Chapter 14
Jake’s Point of View

I was actually liked the idea of e-mailing even if she snuck in my room. Again. As long as she wasn’t in there to do something to me. Why not?

By now I figured we spend half our time together. Not that it’s a good thing. But why not share stuff about each other if we see each other almost every waking, dreadful moment.

It might actually help start a civilized conversation. Might.

Besides. I’m one day older. Ha!

»«

Hell.

Never! Just trust me on this. Never agree to a bet that has being someone’s slave involved!

The things they made me do! Which included dancing in circles. At least they didn’t make me wear girl clothes or anything.

After the annoyance of two certain people let me go to sleep, I rushed upstairs. I was free!! Now I knew how Dobby felt when Harry gave him that sock.

Not that I could sleep anyway. Too busy worrying. Wondering about what could possibly happening in Ongoland that very moment.

Another day spent. One day closer to the end of the month. I had to go back. It was driving me crazy!

»«

It hit me.

E-mail.

The perfect way to teach Alex about people and history.

So I typed up all that remembered. That took like five hours. Literally. I decided maybe I would send it to her in sections. Reading all that at one time would definitely give someone a head ache. And trying to remember it all would be worse.

Let’s just hope she could remember it.

It was just easier. So we could learn on our own time.

»«

Camping!

Two days, we’re going camping!

And it’s a good thing I brought my guitar.

I love camping.

And yes. I play guitar. I do just about everything. Just kidding.

»«
He has to get sick!

Mr. Thompson took off work just to go camping. He decides to wake up with a cold!

Not that it his fault. I just really wanted to go.

“Well, Jack, you’re obviously not going.” Aunt Tammy said.

All three of us sighed. I guess Alex and Sam wanted to go as much as I did.
“Maybe we should let the kids go.” Mr. Thompson somewhat said considering he lost his voice from coughing.

“Well, they did handle going to the lake by themselves. So I guess so…” You could tell Aunt Tammy was very unsure about it. We might be able to go by ourselves!

“They have my permission.” Mr. Thompson coughed.

Alex and Sam smiled at each other.

“Let’s pack the car then!” I said.

I carefully placed my guitar in the back seat.

The girls were just walking outside. And guess what Mr. Thompson handed me.

Car keys.

Alex saw them dangling from my hand.

Jealousy. I am a good driver. Time to prove it.

“Shot gun!!” Sam shouted.

Now it was Alex’s turn to sit in the back seat.

I put the keys in and turned. It seemed like I hadn’t driven a car in 3 weeks. Wait. I hadn’t.

“You play guitar?!?” Alex shouted.

“Chill out! Yeah I do.” I returned.

Silence.

“She absolutely loves acoustic guitars. Just doesn’t know how to play.” Sam whispered.

I laughed.

I looked in the mirror.

Alex was giving Sam a death glare.

She love guitar. Interesting.

----

Mind the errors...I wrote it last night and this morning.

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 06:23 PM
fallingoutgrl
Finally Free

this is by far my favorite story on here.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 07:22 PM
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

Haha thanx!! I felt like writing last night really bad at like 2 in the morning haha!

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 10:21 PM
fallingoutgrl
Finally Free

haha that's the best time to write!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 01:11 AM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Very nice!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 04:39 PM