KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » So is Wolverine going to officially be top tier now?

So is Wolverine going to officially be top tier now?
Started by: Validus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Did the writers at marvel even consider how much 5,000 rounds is?!?!? What the f**k?

Wolverine isnt bulletproof no expression

People continue to forget that

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 06:26 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

This will be the dumbest shit ever written after 43. I mean if it's stalemate or Wolverine wins I hunt down all issues and burn them.
If the comic is 2 pages long that's the real one big grin

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 09:32 AM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

I'm actually enjoying the story though. Apart from Logan's healing factor (and possibly jobber aura) soaring to new heights, the rest of it has been very enjoyable IMO. Much better than what we're getting over in Origins.

And seriously, i think what we'll see is Logan beating SHIELD's elite Super Human Restraint Unit all over the place, and finally SHIELD will send in Sentry and he'll beat Logan down in one panel. Much like he did to Iron Man recently.

If it doesn't go down like that, then something is seriously wrong.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 09:48 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I'm actually enjoying the story though. Apart from Logan's healing factor (and possibly jobber aura) soaring to new heights, the rest of it has been very enjoyable IMO. Much better than what we're getting over in Origins.

And seriously, i think what we'll see is Logan beating SHIELD's elite Super Human Restraint Unit all over the place, and finally SHIELD will send in Sentry and he'll beat Logan down in one panel. Much like he did to Iron Man recently.

If it doesn't go down like that, then something is seriously wrong.
if sentry doesnt beat wolves then thats some ****ed up shit.
check it out.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 09:54 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Lucid Lui

Co-signed

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 04:48 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Meh , I despise Wolvie stories..but then again ANYTHING is better then origins...

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 05:33 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

At least if Wolverine does anything to Sentry the Superman fan boys will finally have a leg to stand on when they say Sentry isn't so tough.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 05:44 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

This is really more of an editorial slip-up than the writer, I think.

Sure Guggenheim, wrote the script and blew Wolverine's healing out of proportion, but over in Way's Origins--meh--Wolverine's healing hasn't been played down a little bit, more in line with how it was when he was introduced. He heals fast, but not instantenously, he's not godly.

The disparity between how the same character is being handled in those two series is ridiculous, someone needs to be coordinating shit better.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 05:49 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by ScarletSpider

Sure Guggenheim, wrote the script and blew Wolverine's healing out of proportion, but over in Way's Origins--meh--Wolverine's healing hasn't been played down a little bit, more in line with how it was when he was introduced. He heals fast, but not instantenously, he's not godly.

The disparity between how the same character is being handled in those two series is ridiculous, someone needs to be coordinating shit better.

I agree. Origins may not have the best stories (so I've heard, I've yet to read it) but from what I've heard the Wolverine in that one is more akin to regular Wolverine than the god-erine we've been seeing in the last couple of Wolverine issues. The editors really need to do better

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 06:01 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by ScarletSpider

When Wolverine was first introduced he didn't have a healing factor. He was a member of Uncanny for years with out it ever being stated what his mutant ability was he just appeared to have an unknown degree of superhuman strength and insanely superhuman durability... even then he was much more impressive then current Wolverine is in Origins.

Anyway Way set some back ground for Wolverine: Origins when he was writing the normal Wolverine title. This Wolverine's healing factor is supposed to be in a slump since he has been going none stop since House of M with out any rest and very little food. And dont forget Way is the guy who wrote Venom series... I think we all remember that.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 06:13 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

i spoke to a wolverine fan today at my comics store........

she says she liked the story no expression

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 07:27 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by NiņoAraņa
i spoke to a wolverine fan today at my comics store........

she says she liked the story no expression

Origins What the f**k?.........

Seriously wtf?!?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 07:31 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by marvelprince
I agree. Origins may not have the best stories (so I've heard, I've yet to read it) but from what I've heard the Wolverine in that one is more akin to regular Wolverine than the god-erine we've been seeing in the last couple of Wolverine issues. The editors really need to do better

It's not the writing thats so bad , it could be MUCH better (Ie if they had Millar on the title) but it's the art which makes you want to tear the book in half , it's so stiff and unfeeling it's like comparing a cow in a field to a slab of beef on my plate.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 07:55 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

and she says 43 isnt "that bad" no expression

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:22 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by grey fox
It's not the writing thats so bad , it could be MUCH better (Ie if they had Millar on the title) but it's the art which makes you want to tear the book in half , it's so stiff and unfeeling it's like comparing a cow in a field to a slab of beef on my plate.

The art in both Wolverine titles reeks of ass.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:25 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Validus
The art in both Wolverine titles reeks of ass.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:34 PM
HaSon

That ass looks like a Steve McNiven piece compared to the art in Wolverine.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:40 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Validus
That ass looks like a Steve McNiven piece compared to the art in Wolverine.

laughing

Too true Val , too true.....

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:41 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by grey fox

That's my butt eek! when were you taking pictures of me? shifty

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 11:08 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Blah! Just blah. no expression

I hope he dies. Where's Squirrel Girl to negate a jobber aura when you need her?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 11:56 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote