KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » How strong is Wolverine's healing factor?

How strong is Wolverine's healing factor?
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wsg
Wolvie'sgirl

There'd be no possible way to cut through his adamantium neck bone. Nothing can cut thru adamantium. So you wouldn't be able to cut off his head, plus the skin would just keep regenerating as you cut in to it. He can regenerate tissue cells, unlike us. He can't regenerate bone but he doesn't need to worry bout loosing it anytime soon.

Professor X

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 01:33 PM
wsg is currently offline Click here to Send wsg a Private Message Find more posts by wsg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

if there was some way to cut an vein then hold the blade in that spot he could bleed to death,i feel sorry for who ever try's that

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:21 PM
PsyrenAviance is currently offline Click here to Send PsyrenAviance a Private Message Find more posts by PsyrenAviance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

BTW his normal bone can grow back.
he got a regeneration boost after he recovered from the adamantium being taken out by magneto,at one point he was run over by a car without the adamantium and he went flatline and was dead ,by the time the car passed him over he was up and very pissed
there was a storyline that said the adamantium was slowing his regeneration down,but in recent comics they are really amping his regeneration,
about coming back from just bones(adamantium): the theory is that since the adamantium coats his bones he still has his dna in his bone structure ,so if he is totaly incinerated he can come back because his bones still hold his dna which is a map of who he is

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 03:37 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
argesilen

Way to kill Wolverine is to kill his brain, only then, his flesh cannot regenerate...There are many ways of doing so, one of them is that Microbe use his powers, and microbes will eat his brain from inside...or something like that...

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 08:15 PM
argesilen is currently offline Click here to Send argesilen a Private Message Find more posts by argesilen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by argesilen
Way to kill Wolverine is to kill his brain, only then, his flesh cannot regenerate...There are many ways of doing so, one of them is that Microbe use his powers, and microbes will eat his brain from inside...or something like that...

This one is the best so far, because the microbe could travel through his mouth eatting through the tissue that connects the spinal cord to the brain and then getting to the brain, but Wolvie would probably have the guy sliced and diced before the bugs got that far.

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 01:49 AM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
argesilen

combine then powers of Microbe and some telekinetic mutant. T would hold W. and Microbe will do the job. Easy...

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 12:02 PM
argesilen is currently offline Click here to Send argesilen a Private Message Find more posts by argesilen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thorncrawler
very with the sexy W_E

drown him in adamantium so he wolud be encased in adamantium and wouldn't be able to get out so he would sofocate and die cos oxygen couldn't get to him to help him!

@->--"victims arn't we all"
the glass may be half full but the bottles empty
i was with yumcarrots, now im with wicked_elphie

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 01:08 AM
thorncrawler is currently offline Click here to Send thorncrawler a Private Message Find more posts by thorncrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yestinchong

How about...

Keep him incapacitated long enough such that you can throw him into an ocean.....if you tie him up and keep him unconscious long enough, he will sink down pretty low....

....and ultimately die from that. And then when (and if) his body regnerates and he tries to swim back up, he will not be able to hold his breath underwater long enough and sink back down again.....

...maybe that will keep him dead for good?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 06:18 PM
yestinchong is currently offline Click here to Send yestinchong a Private Message Find more posts by yestinchong Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

Originally posted by thorncrawler
drown him in adamantium so he wolud be encased in adamantium and wouldn't be able to get out so he would sofocate and die cos oxygen couldn't get to him to help him!

Wow! I don't wolvie getting out of that by himself! He'd definitely have to have some help on that!!

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 08:04 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

just rip out his heart

and fill the cavity so it can't grow back

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 11:38 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Hammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

its going to b explaned why hes doign stuff like this, thers a reson just wait,

it was in a prevew for a comic

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 02:41 PM
MC Hammer is currently offline Click here to Send MC Hammer a Private Message Find more posts by MC Hammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

he fully come back from the dead on at least 3 occassions

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 03:05 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

Originally posted by capt it up
he fully come back from the dead on at least 3 occassions

One he needed help from a cetain Jean Grey to be pulled back from the void.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 04:52 PM
starlock
Team Authority

i think the preview said they are going to reveal what happens when he gets incinerated,im not sure they will explain the why though

Spoiler.....warning

i think they are going to reveal that he goes somwhere when he dies,like his astral self gets sent somewhere and he has encounters there
i dont think they are going to reveal how he comes back from death(near death) or how his regeneration brings him back,but i hope they do hehe

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 05:30 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Vim
One he needed help from a cetain Jean Grey to be pulled back from the void.

I was not talking about that at all

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 12:04 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
speiderman

He must be a strong guy. His recooperative powers are extaordinary as Professor X has said many times in the animated series from the 90s. If you need anymore proof of this watch the scene in X2 when the X-Men are at Bobby's house. The policeman shoots Wolverine right in the head. 8 minutes later the wound heals.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 08:54 PM
speiderman is currently offline Click here to Send speiderman a Private Message Find more posts by speiderman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

wolverine: choke him to death, drown him, cut off his head (yes, it is possible. thepiece of adamantium coated vertebra you would need to cut through is really, really thin.) ultimate hulk him to death, bleed him to death, any telekinetic could do it...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 12:46 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blind
Only Settle for Victory

Originally posted by jffxex1980
Cut his head and he dies. Xavier had safety protocols for everyone of his students just in case they go rogue.

This is true, it was pointed out in the Onslaught saga.

I think, as for cutting through his adamantium and everything, it would depend on if his cartiledge is covered in adamantium, too. I don't think it is... so if someone pulled hard enough on his head, and could seperate the vertebrae in his neck that way... that would probably kill him.

Just never put the head back on the body.

~AntiMatter Corps~

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 01:15 AM
Blind is currently offline Click here to Send Blind a Private Message Find more posts by Blind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anamantium

Originally posted by wsg
No, he can't. Yuriko Oyoma can though. His healing factor is pretty strong though! He's been hit with a bomb in the face, thrown in a vat of acid and his skin dripping off his flesh, AND he's been thrown into fire pits and hell and servived! I'd say he's strong.
there is a prosedure to produce anamantium into your body i had it done not so bad if you get shot a million times youl never die!!! anamantium is realy indestructible
i dont care about haveing meatal in me

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 08:17 AM
anamantium is currently offline Click here to Send anamantium a Private Message Find more posts by anamantium Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anamantium

Originally posted by buddha8787
how do you behead something with bones made of adamantium...you can cut to the bones but how the f could you ever really dismember him? Unless you sat there iwth a knife cutting around the curves of his bones...while he healed...
hey dont make fun of me! theres a prosedure to put anamantium in your body dosent take long just let your body get used to it why dont you get my same prosedure i got and you can get shot with a gun a million times on the head bounce bounce they will go off of the head like a 0% change itl go thru the anamantium i like haveing it why dont you email me at [email protected] ill tell you more info about it!!!!!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 08:34 AM
anamantium is currently offline Click here to Send anamantium a Private Message Find more posts by anamantium Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote