KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » How strong is Wolverine's healing factor?

How strong is Wolverine's healing factor?
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ptr_Grifin
What?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by poncho73
I have read the entire thread and I have to say that because of respins over the years and as someone mention before, the appeasement of the wolverine fans, they have lost touch with reality in a fictional reality. I think that I can allow for skin, muscle and tissue to regen, but I have to stop at bone. I don't know what makes bones grow with us as we get older, but I do know that you can come back 1000 years later and all the tissue and such are gone...the bone is still there. Loose the bone, loose the regen. I would say stump in that case.

When Wolverine didn't have metal, his bone claws were broken off, and they grew back.

Most people think Wolverine is over rated, but Iceman has survived as a head until he was able to find a water source.

Hulk can now grow gills and regenerate almost just from bones.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 03:10 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by stickman618
he is immortal in the sense that elves in "THE LORD OF THE RINGS" are immortal

he'll live forever unless he's killed

the question is... how do you kill him??

no I mean like when he dies he can keep comming back

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 11:24 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: How strong is Wolverine's healing factor?

Originally posted by steverules
Title says it all

on par or greater than the hulk

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 07:30 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kjetil_Norway

Reading Origin, Weapon X, and other litterature, the origial idea of his healing factor much more limited than the one we're seeing today. But this is somewhat explained through origin with that as he grows older his healing factor increases. But according to his original creator, if his heart stopped completely, he'd die. He would normally regenerate even his bones. In an alternate reality he'd lost his arm because cyclops burned it of, and it did not regrow because of the adamantium that melted into the wound (if my memory doesn't fail me). Also, the more damaged his body gets, the more primal he gets. Oh, and the original idea was that Magneto could sense him, but not control adamantium until after he regained his powers after they got removed by Xavier (the first time).

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 02:04 AM
Kjetil_Norway is currently offline Click here to Send Kjetil_Norway a Private Message Find more posts by Kjetil_Norway Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

^
i trust that's a good solid source you got that from

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 08:29 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by Kjetil_Norway
Reading Origin, Weapon X, and other litterature, the origial idea of his healing factor much more limited than the one we're seeing today. But this is somewhat explained through origin with that as he grows older his healing factor increases. But according to his original creator, if his heart stopped completely, he'd die. He would normally regenerate even his bones. In an alternate reality he'd lost his arm because cyclops burned it of, and it did not regrow because of the adamantium that melted into the wound (if my memory doesn't fail me). Also, the more damaged his body gets, the more primal he gets. Oh, and the original idea was that Magneto could sense him, but not control adamantium until after he regained his powers after they got removed by Xavier (the first time).

Logan put a metal cap on his hand on purpose in the AOA storyline,he wanted a secret weapon,he would have regrown his hand(without adamantium) if he left the wound open and let it heal(if my memory does not fail me hehe)

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 03:48 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

i don't know what to believe anymore wacko

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 11:35 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nathan168

anyone know where I can get this series? I cant find it anywhere in stores cuz its kind of old,
and I can't seem to find any seeds for the download I got off mininova

thanks!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 12:13 AM
nathan168 is currently offline Click here to Send nathan168 a Private Message Find more posts by nathan168 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nathan168

Ops posted on wrong post
sorry

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 12:44 AM
nathan168 is currently offline Click here to Send nathan168 a Private Message Find more posts by nathan168 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hunter_blake05
[IMG]http://images.killer

cutting his head off? I'm sure he's dead in that case. why yuriko in x2 killed through the liquid adamentuim in her body.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 11:52 AM
hunter_blake05 is currently offline Click here to Send hunter_blake05 a Private Message Find more posts by hunter_blake05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

because the adamantium must've surrounded her heart, lungs and other vital organs rendering her unable to breathe

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 01:03 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

had hsi heart blown up in secret war..............and was back up on the next paage.

had his head cut off in ww2................and survived.

aoa is not 616. also aoa wolverine purposly stop his arm from growing back.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 11:28 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

he'd definitely die if he was sitting next to a H2 bomb when it goes off right?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 10:17 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

he'd definitely die if he was sitting next to a H2 bomb when it goes off right?

he just come back. He got hit with a nuke once lol.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 11:51 AM
stickman618

are you serious?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 02:01 PM
mr.smiley

I think Wolverine has become a victim of inconsistant writing in terms of his healing factor.Almost every writter has handled the limits of it differently.The extent of his healing factor,I think,realy just depends on who's writing the character at the time.The more he is continued to be written,the more powerful it seems to become.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 02:02 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

are you serious?

yes,but you have to remeber. He does die. He simply immortal in some sense. As Long as his soul does not cross over he will come back to life.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 08:58 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by mr.smiley
I think Wolverine has become a victim of inconsistant writing in terms of his healing factor.Almost every writter has handled the limits of it differently.The extent of his healing factor,I think,realy just depends on who's writing the character at the time.The more he is continued to be written,the more powerful it seems to become.

It is if your looking at different eras. He gotten several upgrades as have all mutants for the most part.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 08:59 PM
Faith27

Originally posted by hunter_blake05
cutting his head off? I'm sure he's dead in that case. why yuriko in x2 killed through the liquid adamentuim in her body.

nice idea huh...

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 02:36 PM
Faith27 is currently offline Click here to Send Faith27 a Private Message Find more posts by Faith27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

head off wouldent work back a few issues ago,but right now we do not know how powerfull Logans healing factor is now

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 03:01 AM