KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Fantasy Football Discussion

Fantasy Football Discussion
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (141): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BobbyD
Animal Lover

These are some of the dilemmas I'm facing....

confused

Chester Taylor or Kevin Jones?
Chris Simms or John Kitna?
How will Winslow, TE do?...would like projections, ie...45, 500, 5

Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

smile

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 09:39 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Kevin Jones easily.....Mike Martz running the offense, and they're 3 Wr's, I can see Jones easily doing well.

Kitna...as stated above...

and Winslow...tough choice.....good be a good pick, but it might not be either. I dont know

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 10:51 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Kevin Jones....no question. Chester Taylor is solid as well since he'll be the main guy in Minnesota, but Jones should be the better pick and won't be sharing as many carries as Taylor probably will.

Toss up for the QBs, but I think I have Kitna slightly higher. He has more weapons and experience, and a coach who loves to call pass plays.

As for Winslow, consider the position. At TE, you're really just looking for reasonably solid week-to-week production (unless you have Antonio Gates). He might do well, but it's generally not advisable to take an all-or-nothing type pick with a TE. Take him as a backup if you feel like carrying 2 TEs, but there's no way he should be in your top 10 and worth a starting TE pick. I think I have Kellen 15th on my depth chart, and he shouldn't really be in single digits even if you think he'll play well, simply because of the risk involved.

My own dilemma right now involves Tiki Barber and Clinton Portis if I end up at the 4-5 slot. I'd go with Tiki, but TD's are much more important than yards in my league. And no points per reception. Portis is starting to look like the better bet, especially given Tiki's age and Eli's improvement in NY.

Last edited by Digi on Jul 26th, 2006 at 04:09 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 03:57 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
My own dilemma right now involves Tiki Barber and Clinton Portis if I end up at the 4-5 slot. I'd go with Tiki, but TD's are much more important than yards in my league. And no points per reception. Portis is starting to look like the better bet, especially given Tiki's age and Eli's improvement in NY.

Scratch that. I'm 14th out of 16th in the drafting order. Disappointing, but at least I'll have 2 picks in a relatively short period of time. I'm thinking something like Brian Westbrook/Terrell Owens would be good for the 1st two rounds.

Tiki or Clinton would be a miracle, but even though there's some less-than-brilliant people in my league, I'm not about to get my hopes up.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 04:26 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

i fyou get tiki or clinton at 14 quit the league, cause its full of morons and is gonna be boring. Id take Clinton over tiki by the way.

Westbrook? eh i dont like that pick at all, and bundling it with TO is just askign for issues. Thats a lot of risk in your top 2 picks. Both are in what is prolly the best division in football in a long time. Both are on teams with some big questions. I think id rather have Chad Johnson and Ronnie Brown in thsoe spots which also both carry rish but chad is more of a garuntee and i just really like ronnie.

Is brady going really high in everyones leagues?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 05:19 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Originally posted by DigiMark007

Digi, does your league reward for receptions? If so, Tiki all the way. Regardless, I expect a HUGE year out of Portis. smile

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 01:12 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Another toughie....Jermaine Wiggins or Alex Smith?

confused

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 02:01 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Alex as #2 QB or #3 QB?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 02:43 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Originally posted by botankus
Alex as #2 QB or #3 QB?

The TE, silly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 03:04 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by forumcrew
i fyou get tiki or clinton at 14 quit the league, cause its full of morons and is gonna be boring. Id take Clinton over tiki by the way.

Westbrook? eh i dont like that pick at all, and bundling it with TO is just askign for issues. Thats a lot of risk in your top 2 picks. Both are in what is prolly the best division in football in a long time. Both are on teams with some big questions. I think id rather have Chad Johnson and Ronnie Brown in thsoe spots which also both carry rish but chad is more of a garuntee and i just really like ronnie.

Is brady going really high in everyones leagues?

If I get Tiki or Portis at #14 it means I'll have an easy $120, so no way I'd quit.

Westbrook is the lone bastion of talent on a stripped-down receiving corps in Phillie, and he just got a new contract and a promise for more carries in the Eagles offense. Everyone and their brother has injury concerns, but Westbrook is one of the few true duel threats in receving and rushing....and he's pretty much a lock for at last 100 total yards a game.

TO's a wild card, but he's a force when he's playing. In a league with 16 people, I have to tak some chances. And beyond that, I have Smith as my #1, so I'm not completely dumb.

And yeah, Brady's #2 in most leagues behind Manning.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 03:38 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by BobbyD
The TE, silly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh, yeah. For a minute I was thinking, Why is he comparing a TE to a QB? Turns out I was!

On a side note, Tampa Bay has always been a team I've ignored in the past because for some reason I've found them really...really......boring.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 05:19 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Oh, yeah. For a minute I was thinking, Why is he comparing a TE to a QB? Turns out I was!

On a side note, Tampa Bay has always been a team I've ignored in the past because for some reason I've found them really...really......boring.

So I guess your answer is Jermaine Wiggins then? confused

Here's another toughie: LJ Smith or Vernon Davis?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 05:31 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

blink Neither.

Why don't you try for a TE that is not named Heap, Gonzalez, Gates, or Shockey. Those four, people jump all over them like they're Jerry Rice or something come Fantasy Football Draft Time.

You can probably get a talented one with the 5-9 picks in the names of Miller, Witten, Clark, or Crumpler.

Okay, okay, so Vernon Davis might actually be an OK pick. Don't forget about Leonard Pope as well.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 05:46 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I have a feeling that Vernon Davis is going to be good this year, and might have a chance at getting Rookie Of The Year for Offensive. Alex Smith is so going to be throwing to him every second play. Hahaha.

I would actually put Whitten in the category with others and take out Gonzalez. With TO in Dallas, I think Whitten will be open alot more.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 05:56 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

crumpler actually goes 3rd or 4th in some leagues.

You can prolly get pope or davis in the 12th round or later in a lot of leagues. LJ Smith or heath miller are good for a middle-late round pick.

Mercedes lewis is another young gun with good potential as well.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 06:21 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

:Why don't you try for a TE that is not named Heap, Gonzalez, Gates, or Shockey. Those four, people jump all over them like they're Jerry Rice or something come Fantasy Football Draft Time.

I understand what you're getting at Botankus. Making the easy choices though is nothing I sweat over. It's these pesky little picks that make or break your season. Anyone can choose a stud (well, most anyone anyway). There are always surprises in every draft. But, that's why I'm picking everyone's brain here.....because I don't know.

ps LJ Smith could very well surprise. Who the heck is Donovan going to through the ball to downfield (after he looks at option #1 in Westbrook)? Reggie Brown?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 06:54 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Who the heck is Donovan going to through the ball to downfield

The Side Judge. If he's covered, I'd say the chalk lines.

On a side note, look for Tomlinson and Gates' receiving numbers to explode this year (yes, that's right, I said get even better) because I saw Phillip Rivers play for 4 years out here at NCSU, and he is King Supreme Dump-Off passer.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 06:58 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

On a side note, look for Tomlinson and Gates' receiving numbers to explode this year (yes, that's right, I said get even better) because I saw Phillip Rivers play for 4 years out here at NCSU, and he is King Supreme Dump-Off passer.

This is why I'm so baffled as to why I see Donovan McNabb ranked so high this year on many a rankings lists at QB. I don't care what kind of shape I hear he's in. If no one can catch the ball and/or get open, or the team doesn't look offensively predictable, the Eagles will stink, and so will Donovan. Maybe he'll surprise me-I don't know. We'll see. erm

As for the last part, I see it benefitting more LT than Gates. Gates will always draw double coverage, or a combo man/zone. The result is (to me) easy dump offs for LT. But, this is exactly what the Charges don't want. LT has taken a pounding the last couple of years and could be the next Eddie George in a hurry.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 07:08 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

This is both comical and half true. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 07:10 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

This is why I'm so baffled as to why I see Donovan McNabb ranked so high this year on many a rankings lists at QB. I don't care what kind of shape I hear he's in. If no one can catch the ball and/or get open, or the team doesn't look offensively predictable, the Eagles will stink, and so will Donovan. Maybe he'll surprise me-I don't know. We'll see. erm

As for the last part, I see it benefitting more LT than Gates. Gates will always draw double coverage, or a combo man/zone. The result is (to me) easy dump offs for LT. But, this is exactly what the Charges don't want. LT has taken a pounding the last couple of years and could be the next Eddie George in a hurry.

LT the next Eddie George....hmm no. I cant see that.

Eddie George was slow even before he too the pounding. Atleast LT is still quick and agile. I dont think he is much as a threat as you used to be, but with his skills set, I'm not going to bet on that.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:13 PM