KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Fantasy Football Discussion

Fantasy Football Discussion
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (141): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BobbyD
Animal Lover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
LT the next Eddie George....hmm no. I cant see that.

Eddie George was slow even before he too the pounding. Atleast LT is still quick and agile. I dont think he is much as a threat as you used to be, but with his skills set, I'm not going to bet on that.

Ah yes; they're different backs, Smasandian....with different skill sets. However, age and abuse catches up to EVERYONE regardless of your running style. I agree that Eddie was a more a bruising, run inbetween your tackles type, while LT is more the slasher. The point is that LT has taken a pounding of late. NO ONE can refute that, and that usually means shortening of your career. I did not mean that to say "it will happen this year". The other point (to tie in) was to say the Chargers also realize this so would like to limit his touches, if at all possible.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:57 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Your the one who compared them, not me.

I do agree that pounding does take its toll, but bruisers like George break down alot quicker than slashers.

LT will eventually, but it will be when he is around the age of 32-34. So thats around 5 years from now.

But he hasnt really shown that he will break down. His stats are still up there in the 1500's.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 09:03 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Your the one who compared them, not me.

Point well taken. ...was meant more as an analogy than a comparison. wink

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 09:26 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah slahsers have a longer life span. Look at Barry Sanders. No one ever got a clean tackle on him....I bet he had half the damage of most RBs with as many years as him.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 10:25 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Easily.

I think that's why Emitt Smith was something to behold. He was more of an agile player somewhat, but he was a tough guy also. I'm surpraised he lasted that long.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:21 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, guys like Emmitt or Jerome Bettis are the exceptions...but it doesn't happen often.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:35 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I love the Bus probably more than any other RB in the last 10 years, but when he was backing up Amos Zereoue, Duce Staley, and Willie Parker 3 of the last 4 years of his career, that worked wonders for his bruising body. It was like Old Bussie when he got on the field. I feel pretty confident in saying that his career would have ended after 2004 - no questions asked - if he had started those 3 years with the idea that it would be just him in 2005 (meaning, no Duce, b/c Parker was not expected to start until the regular season opener).

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 11:16 AM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True.

The Bus is one of those stories that people like to hear. I just got kinda of sick of it during the Super Bowl week. It's like hearing about the whole Manning vs Belicheck thing.

But he did really well. Do you think he'll get into the Hall Of Fame?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 08:19 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

True.

The Bus is one of those stories that people like to hear. I just got kinda of sick of it during the Super Bowl week. It's like hearing about the whole Manning vs Belicheck thing.

But he did really well. Do you think he'll get into the Hall Of Fame?

Absolutely. Top 5 all-time in rushing yards, and late in his career he was a touchdown machine. And he goes out on top like that with the Super Bowl win. And in his prime, he was one of the best 3rd and 2 backs ever. Yeah, he'll be in the Hall.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 10:20 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

He wasnt really an TD machine. He went over 10 TD's twice in his career and near the end of his career, he was giving the ball near the goaline.

He'll go into the Hall, but I dont think he's first ballot material. I dont think he's automatic.

But I'm not saying he's not great though.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 11:56 PM
forumcrew

yea if you wanna say hes a TD machine then you have to say TJ Duckette is a TD machine. Neither were really earning them, other guys get them to the goal line and they take their big buts in.

i have a feeling we may need to merge with the NFL thread cause of discussions like this.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 02:44 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by forumcrew
yea if you wanna say hes a TD machine then you have to say TJ Duckette is a TD machine. Neither were really earning them, other guys get them to the goal line and they take their big buts in.

i have a feeling we may need to merge with the NFL thread cause of discussions like this.

Hey, I never said how he was getting his TDs. But I think after working his way to #5 on the alltime rushing list, he earned a few free-bees near the goal line.

wink

And yeah, so fantasy. 14th pick, and my draft is Monday. I'm wondering whether or not I should take Peyton if he's there, or just play it safe and go RB/WR in the first 2 rounds (we only start 1 RB so I won't need 2 that early).

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 02:55 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Dont take Peyton, unless your in a rich QB stats league.

I always felt WR's and RB's are much more useful.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 03:57 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

He'll go into the Hall, but I dont think he's first ballot material. I dont think he's automatic.

I think he's 2nd ballot, but I think he'll be in there.

BUT...the NFL loves happy, jolly guys who do a lot for the community, and I'm sure voters can be influenced. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in on the 1st ballot.

Just as an example of what he does, I live in North Carolina and saw him in May at a NBC/Asthma appearance and June at the Willie Parker football camp.

Last edited by botankus on Jul 28th, 2006 at 11:42 AM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 11:31 AM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Roy Williams or Donald Driver?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 02:21 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I would go with Roy Williams. I had him on my FFL team last year, and he was one of my best WR's. Now with a better QB operating the system, they will utilize him even more. All you need to do is get M. Williams & C. Rogers to pick up some of the slack, 'cause Roy can already fight double teams.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 03:19 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Easily Roy Williams.

I do agree with Botankus about Bettis...he might be in at the start because of his character.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 05:08 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

I think Driver is the safer pick of the 2 (Favre), while Williams is slightly riskier (Kitna and other WRs who could steal touches), but has the higher ceiling/upside.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 05:39 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

It's hard to steal touches when you have to have the ball hit you square in the numbers for you to be able to catch it. Roy, on the other hand, can leap over defenders and beat the double team. Like the game he single-handedly beat the Saints in last year.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 05:46 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Originally posted by botankus
Like the game he single-handedly beat the Saints in last year.

Who didn't single-handedly beat the Saints last year? laughing

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 06:40 PM