KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Fantasy Football Discussion

Fantasy Football Discussion
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (141): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I still think Williams will be better, and seriously, using Favre as a reason to pick up an WR is pretty bad. Its Favre, the guys sucks now.

I think Kitna is a good QB, and when he played, he was pretty damn good.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 08:15 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I still think Williams will be better, and seriously, using Favre as a reason to pick up an WR is pretty bad. Its Favre, the guys sucks now.

I think Kitna is a good QB, and when he played, he was pretty damn good.

This may be, Smas. But, that Favre sucks-doesn't matter. This is fantasy, and if the Pack is always behind, they're always going to be "airing it out". erm

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 08:47 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, and look at Favres horrible INT numbers and the Packs lack of running game.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 11:36 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

If you have Driver, Favre's INTs won't hurt you though.

Williams has competition in Detroit. Driver is the solid #1 with no other proven receivers with the Pack.

Yeah, Favre's well past his prime, but Driver will still get anough touches to warrant a receiver pick. Keep in mind, before last season, Favre was still one of the most reliable fantasy QBs out there. So I'd figure on a better season than last year.

I'd go Driver over Williams, but I admit it's close and that I could be wrong.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 12:41 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The guy in charge of my league confirms that while most of the 16 people are intelligent, knowledgeable, and will make good choices, there's a few morons.

Word has it that someone has Chad Johnson #1 overall and the Steelers D in the top 10 (the league manager saw his draft board), and there's supposedly 1 or 2 other suspect owners. Gotta love people donating their money to the pot for us other owners. lol

...still, time to test myself. Last year was a joke when I won. 12 owners, only about half took it seriously. This will be my first difficult draft.

...details soon...

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:14 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by DigiMark007
If you have Driver, Favre's INTs won't hurt you though.

Williams has competition in Detroit. Driver is the solid #1 with no other proven receivers with the Pack.

Yeah, Favre's well past his prime, but Driver will still get anough touches to warrant a receiver pick. Keep in mind, before last season, Favre was still one of the most reliable fantasy QBs out there. So I'd figure on a better season than last year.

I'd go Driver over Williams, but I admit it's close and that I could be wrong.

True, but without an running game, Favre inability to throw the ball will severly affect Driver.
They're isnt any other WR's in the Packers, but couldnt that be a bad thing? It could mean that everybody will be looking out for Driver to catch the ball instead of anybody else.
But the Lions others WR's is suspect. Rogers will probably fail, and Mike Williams might not even play because of bad attendence in the offseason workouts, practicies and mini camp.

Favre is done. Last season wasnt just an bad season, it was Favre showing his age. This season will be just the same, or even worst.

Overall, I think Williams will have a better season with more TD's and the king of passing offense as his coordinator, Mike Martz. I think that will be the difference.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 06:21 AM
forumcrew

farve actually isnt that bad. He had no help last year at all. They were soooo injury plagued. And they were actually very very close to being a winning team. They had amany games that they lost by tiny margins.

I think im done with a Detroit player untill I see a big turn around there, so id stick with Driver. and they have ahman green, davenport, and gado so they can run the ball some.

about your draft. I highly doubt manning last to 14. Ive been seeing brady go before 14 even (but thats a joke) Depending what it looks like id like a chad johnson/ronnie brown with the snake in those picks. You can always snag someone like hasselbeck in round 3ish although you are gonna go late in round 3 which is when the QB battle generally starts to move.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 08:41 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, I'm not expecting to pick Manning.

And I'm still (tentatively) in Favre's camp. I'm a huge fan, but I also think he has at least a little left in the tank. And in my league, INTs don't count as negative points...they're just worth 0 points. Thus, Favre isn't quite the risk he'd be in most leagues....though still probably no better than a solid backup at this point.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:16 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Backup atleast.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:23 PM
forumcrew

without the INT penalty Farve moves up. I had Farve last year and the first part of the season he was still a top fantasy option. After about 4-5 games in though i had to make a switch. Luckily i made a nice trade early to get Eli and tossed him into the mix, and really did a sorta QB by comittie. I won the championship with chris simms. Some times I just went with whoever had the weeker D that week. But really WR/RB carried me and was a pretty much stranglehold lock (chad johnson, steve smith, shaun alexander, clinton portis, lamont jordan)

with no INT penalty brooks could be a decent late pickup too. But how does a league not count turnovers against you? are there no negatives for fumbles either?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 05:20 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Awesome. Want to join my fantasy league??

wink

...and I'm a Steelers fan too, but even if Jerome was around, he hasn't been a top 5 back in a decade, and there's probably a dozen TE's above Miller in terms of fantasy production.

And who's Tom Dempsey? Does he even play?

...if there were individual Defense picks though, Troy might not be a bad choice.

I'm not a Steelers fan, I just like those individual players.

Bescause I'm from AZ, I'm a Cardinals fan and I'm glad we got the Edge! Orale!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 02:48 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I'm not a Steelers fan, I just like those individual players.

Bescause I'm from AZ, I'm a Cardinals fan and I'm glad we got the Edge! Orale!

Sweet. If that O-line comes through for you, AZ might actually have a shot this year.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 02:50 AM
Quiero Mota

AZ might actually have a shot this year.

Lord willing. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 02:52 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Nah, the Cardinals for years have always been that team to break out of thier slump, but they're still the crap of the league.

They might go somewhere this year, but alot is riding on James. If he gets injured or doesnt play like he did for the Colts (very good chance he might not be that good), they're done.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 03:59 AM
forumcrew

steve smith has a hammy issue so peeps might wanna rething taking him at the 6-9 spot. (although it appears to be a minor thing)

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 05:36 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by forumcrew
steve smith has a hammy issue so peeps might wanna rething taking him at the 6-9 spot. (although it appears to be a minor thing)

It appears minor by all accounts. Chances are he'll be starting the preseason at 100%. I'm not worried. If he falls to me, I'll still be elated.

Though 6-9 seems a touch high for a WR in nearly any league (unless it stresses the WR position). Peyton's the only one besides solid RBs that makes his way into the top 12 or so in most drafts.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 05:57 PM
Dr. Zaius
Damn Dirty Ape

The big get is Larry Johnson...big time. LT and Alexander will both have solid but lesser seasons that LJ. Portis could actually be better than both of them this year. Watch out for Edge in Arizona.

Sleeper running backs are Joe Addai in Indy and Lendale White at Tennessee. Addai will be the clear starter by game 2 or 3. Since Chris Brown will also be out for the season with an injury at this point, Lendale White is also a near can't miss. If you run an auction league, these are both guys worth gambling on because you can get them cheap and top running backs will go at a premium.

Wide receiver is wide open. Again, if you're running an auction, stay away from the following if they stay at suggested auction prices: Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison, and Larry Fitzgerald/Boldin. None are likely to rate the price. Owens and Chad Johnson are the only high priced guys I'd be willing to take a chance on. Moss is too risky this year with Aaron Brooks QBing. Best advice. Wait to get bargain guys in later rounds who have upside and are likely to produce solid numbers regardless: Joey Galloway, Hines Ward, Donald Driver, Chris Chambers, etc...

At QB, don't chase Manning unless you can get him for considerably less than the suggested $20 price. For half that amount you can get Carson Palmer, who's equally likely to tear it up. For even less, you can get Delhomme or Brady. Manning is not twice as good as any of these guys. Not even close. Payton's 2004 numbers won't likely happen again, even with Edge's absence this year.

Super sleeper pick: Bledsoe in Dallas. With Owens in town, he could go nuts. These are my preliminary thoughts on the upcoming fantasy football season. Auction's only 4 weeks away now. Sweet Jesus, Yes!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 04:23 AM
Dr. Zaius is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Zaius a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Zaius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Who are the proven receivers in Detroit?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 12:10 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Who are the proven receivers in Detroit? Scotty Vines?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 12:11 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Zaius
Damn Dirty Ape

Sweet. If that O-line comes through for you, AZ might actually have a shot this year.

Arizona could surprise alot of people this year. With Edge, they should be much improved. Plus, they're still in the NFL's weakest division. O-line performance is key.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 02:13 PM
Dr. Zaius is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Zaius a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Zaius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote