KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Fantasy Football Discussion

Fantasy Football Discussion
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (141): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I went on Stubhub just for fun and looked at Arizona Cardinals tickets since they got their new stadium. Last year, they were selling for $12 bucks. This year they're up to $22.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 02:47 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
Arizona could surprise alot of people this year. With Edge, they should be much improved. Plus, they're still in the NFL's weakest division. O-line performance is key.

um that would be the NFC North. Seattle is good enough to make the west better than the north alone. But add the rams and they are definitly better than the north.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 07:56 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Draft summary:

Most of the people present were knowledgable. A few idiots though. Chad Johnson went #2 overall, and Tony Goinzalez was gone in the first round. But otherwise, it went pretty normally. I like my starters....2nd half of the draft started to fall apart some though. Whoever I was planning on always ended up going 1 or 2 picks before me.

16 teams. I drafted 14th in the order.

We started:
1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
1 K
1 Def.
1 Wr/TE

...only 1 RB starting...WRs were more of a premium than usual. I still ended up with 4 RBs, but I had everything else covered and was basically just drafting the best players by the end...a few decent RBs ended up falling.

In order of draft:
Carnell Williams
Marvin Harrison
Joey Galloway
Drew Bledsoe
Tatum Bell
Seahawks D
Eddie Kennison
Brad Johnson
Dominic Rhodes
Jeff Wilkins
Samie Parker
T.J. Duckett

Starters:
Bledsoe
Williams
Harrison/Galloway
Wilkins
Seahawks

I'm excited about Marvin and Joey starting weekly. A few of the backups need some work (I almost had Favre and Ernest Wilford late) but I'm happy. Without a monster from the top 5 or 6 picks (not to mention 16 teams), it's about as good as I was going to do. And my first 3 opponents look like wins.

If my starters hold up, I should do alright. Nearly everyone else had a mental lapse or two in the first half of the draft, so even without a top-5 stud, I have a much more solid, rounded team than most do in my league.

Last edited by Digi on Jul 31st, 2006 at 08:55 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 08:48 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Draft summary:

In order of draft:
Carnell Williams
Marvin Harrison
Joey Galloway
Drew Bledsoe
Tatum Bell
Seahawks D
Eddie Kennison
Brad Johnson
Dominic Rhodes
Jeff Wilkins
Samie Parker
T.J. Duckett

Starters:
Bledsoe
Williams
Harrison/Galloway
Wilkins
Seahawks

Not bad. In fact, I think Bledsoe is going to have a huge year. I think you reached for the Seattle D, unless there happened to be a D run. All, in all a solid, blue-collar, productive team, if boring. wink

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 09:16 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Bledsoe worries me a lot. Hes getting older and older and has been sacked more than a sack of potatotes. (ok bad joke)

THe end of the year he was going worse then the start of the year as well. Here are his averages for the last 7 weeks/games of the year last year.

Comp % = 55.4
TD's per game = 1.2
INT's per game = 1.4
QB rating = 70

Take out his 1 real good game in that span and it goes to this:
(6 of his last 7 games)

Comp % = 53.8
TD's per game = 1.0
INT's per game = 1.6
QB rating = 60.6

And seattles D is no reach. They lead the league in sacks and redzone D. Plus they just added julian peterson. And they play in the NFC west. THey are an easy top 5 D

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 09:19 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by BobbyD
Not bad. In fact, I think Bledsoe is going to have a huge year. I think you reached for the Seattle D, unless there happened to be a D run. All, in all a solid, blue-collar, productive team, if boring. wink

My thoughts exactly. My team bores me a bit...but it'll probably bore me to a winning record, looking at my competition.

But everything was thin with 16 teams drafting, so yeah Bledsoe obviously wasn't my first choice (he was something like 10th on my board). But he's solid, and T.O. has a way of ressurecting fantasy QBs. And yes there was a run on D's early....not the most draft-savvy bunch, and I wanted a top 5 D. I figured I could get Chicago in round 6-7, but when my top 4 were gone by the end of round 5, I panicked and splurged on Seattle.

And I'm already trying to work trades. Most won't be suckered into a horrible trade for them, but I'm usually good at improving my team slowly via trades (backups mostly, but I like having backups solid enough to give me options on who to start if a guy is slumping or playing a rough defense).

Last edited by Digi on Aug 1st, 2006 at 03:55 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 03:50 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by forumcrew
um that would be the NFC North. Seattle is good enough to make the west better than the north alone. But add the rams and they are definitly better than the north.

Our Region 8-AAAA high school teams are better than the NFC North. I heard Green Bay is down to their third-string Tackle already.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 01:22 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Zaius
Damn Dirty Ape

Originally posted by botankus
Our Region 8-AAAA high school teams are better than the NFC North. I heard Green Bay is down to their third-string Tackle already.

I stand corrected. NFC North is the worst.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 02:43 PM
Dr. Zaius is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Zaius a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Zaius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

And seattles D is no reach.

..was referring to when he drafted them, not what he drafted, silly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 05:16 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Bledsoe worries me a lot. Hes getting older and older and has been sacked more than a sack of potatotes. (ok bad joke)

THe end of the year he was going worse then the start of the year as well. Here are his averages for the last 7 weeks/games of the year last year.

Comp % = 55.4
TD's per game = 1.2
INT's per game = 1.4
QB rating = 70

Take out his 1 real good game in that span and it goes to this:
(6 of his last 7 games)

Comp % = 53.8
TD's per game = 1.0
INT's per game = 1.6
QB rating = 60.6

And seattles D is no reach. They lead the league in sacks and redzone D. Plus they just added julian peterson. And they play in the NFC west. THey are an easy top 5 D

That decrease in value wont happen if the offensive line doesnt lose thier best player. That's why he got sacked alot.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:22 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
O-line performance is key.

Exactly. And the Cards' O-line suck at making gaps.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 01:09 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Somewhat pissed:

Our league manager is a nice guy. Too nice. And he let a couple people talk him into an unfair decision.

Our league started:
1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
1 K
1 D
1 WR/TE

...only 1 RB, so WRs were in high demand. We had our draft with this assumption. Many just showed up and drafted random good players, but I (and some others) prepared and were forming our draft strategy based on these starters.

Then he changes it, AFTER the draft.

Similar, but enough to perturb me:

1 QB
2 RB/WR
1 K
1 D
1 WR/TE

...almost the same, but now 2 RBs can start. The idea was to create more flex positions, so there's more possible starting combinations. In theory, it makes things more interesting....and would have been fine if it was announced prior to the draft.

I like Tatum Bell. He's a decent back-up and will fill in ok. But with this new setup, I definitely would have drafted a 2nd RB sooner (I got Bell in round 5) and it makes my 3rd and 4th WRs seem obsolete.

Needless to say, a few other teams benefitted greatly from this.

Our draft was amazingly professional....the league manager did a great job running it efficiently and impressively. And then he ruins it with a bush-league move like this.

My team will be fine, but it's just frustrating to feel like a lot of work I put in on my draft boards was for nothing.

...end rant.
erm

Last edited by Digi on Aug 2nd, 2006 at 04:09 AM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 03:56 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

...nope, not done. Sorry, but I can't vent anywhere else.

We now have "bonuses" for certain stat markers (300 yards passing for the QB in a game, 200 receiving or rushing, etc.).

And who does this benefit? The early picks, the people who have the studs. Theoretically, everything evens out in a draft, but with these bonuses it weighs it more toward people with, say, a top 5 pick. I picked 14th. no expression

Also, 8 teams go to the playoffs. And 1st-through-3rd receive prize money. No problem there. But 3rd place isn't determined by a game between losers in the semis. 3rd is determined by a bracket that takes place between the 8 teams that didn't make the playoffs.

So the true 3rd place gets nothing....whereas someone could go 0-14 and make a little money if they go on a playoff run.

... *sighs*

If I didn't think I could still pull this thing out and do well in this league, I'd consider asking for my $10 back and pulling out. I feel cheated by these biased rule changes (I've left notes in my league, but they go largely unnoticed).

ok...done ranting again, hopefully for good this time.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 04:13 AM
forumcrew

Tatum bell? use Rhodes hes gonna start. As of now Ron Dayne is the favorite to be the #1 in denver, and they are rumored to be in talks to get THomas Jones from the bears so i wouldnt count on much from tatum. On that same note on the bears. Is Cedric Benson a FA by any chance? if so grab him it looks like hes gonna be the main man in chicago this year.

but changing any settings like that post draft is total BS. it still so early really a redraft should be done. Ive also never heard of a RB/WR position that just takes WR out of the game pretty much because RB generally is more fruitfull. if they just added say a second starting WR it wouldnt be so bad, but thats a retarded change and a poor comishing job.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 06:07 AM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Tatum bell? use Rhodes hes gonna start. As of now Ron Dayne is the favorite to be the #1 in denver, and they are rumored to be in talks to get THomas Jones from the bears so i wouldnt count on much from tatum. On that same note on the bears. Is Cedric Benson a FA by any chance? if so grab him it looks like hes gonna be the main man in chicago this year.

but changing any settings like that post draft is total BS.

-cosigned

Our league would have hung your manager, and not by his neck either. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 03:36 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Originally posted by DigiMark007
[BWe now have "bonuses" for certain stat markers (300 yards passing for the QB in a game, 200 receiving or rushing, etc.). [/B]

ps Bonuses are BS too. The individual player is already having a great day, and getting his points for it. Why should he receive more? There's no logic for it.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 03:40 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Even more unsettling, but thanks for the info. But at this point, Cadillac's my only starting RB anyway. Marvin and Joey Galloway seem to be better choices than any of my RB options.

In any case, I'm creating a fuss in the league....hopefully my cause picks up some steam.

ps Bonuses are BS too. The individual player is already having a great day, and getting his points for it. Why should he receive more? There's no logic for it.

co-signed. It'll already be rough to beat someone like that, and this will just make it impossible. And my solid-but-not-exciting team isn't really in the running to get too many of these bonuses.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 07:45 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Word is that Ron Dayne was officially named the starter, not to rain on your parade, Digi. But, this opens up an intriguing dilemma for me.....

Cedric Benson or Ron Dayne? ...funny thing is Thomas Jones could be starting ahead of one of them sometime this season.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 09:29 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

not to rain on your parade, Digi.

It's ok. I've already been rained on enough to soak me...a few more drops don't mean anything. erm

And I'd go with Benson. You know Chicago will run the ball and Beson is the starter, and Denver usually does a RB-by-committee, even if 1 back is designated as the starter.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 10:33 PM
forumcrew

Benson, Tatum will still get the ball in denver, and if Benson is really gonna start they will deal Jones to get a WR

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 03:24 AM