KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » the tyrant respect thread.

the tyrant respect thread.
Started by: bigbran

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by llagrok
Nice thread.

Yeah, but I think it should remastered. There are also other fights with Tyrant that hasn't been posted, I think.

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 06:47 PM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Lol @ Morg's dialog in the Depowered Tyrant vs Galactus fight.
'Butt head'

Nice thread.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 11:41 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Arise from your grave...................

Tyrant's Official Handbook Info :
(please log in to view the image)

I realize some people don't like using Handbooks for anything BUT it has some interesting info on him, like how he enters into a semi-catatonic state and draws his power from the biosphere of planets (this is backed up with on panel evidence as I'll show).

Now some odds and ends :

More of his background and original fight with Galactus :
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Basically eons ago he ruled a vast empire from his techno-organic worldship, Galactus put his foot down and exiled Tyrant, he came back and he learned to absorb other beings energies and grow more powerful as a result.

Their prep before their fateful final showdown :
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Ok, a few things. Notice Galactus was FULLY fed when he later took on Tyrant in the final showdown. Also notice that after Galactus fed on this particular planet he said he felt stronger than he's had in ages. Tyrant felt the "pain" of Galactus devouring a world rich in biosphereic energies and goes on to confront him one last time. He apparently feels that the only thing keeping him from fully conquering the universe is Galactus and he means to rectify that immediately big grin

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 07:18 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

The infamous "Orb" issue, you know what I'm talkin' bout! smile

Part I - The Thanos Section
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Thanos most definitely had prep going into the Tyrant fight. He sought out the person who had contact with him, survived and was willing to work with Thanos. That person was Terrax. Terrax told Thanos about the Orbs and how important they were to Tyrant. That he stores energy in the Orbs and can use it later as needed. Please note when he tells Thanos : Such a power reserve is Tyrant's greatest asset as well as his greatest vulnerability should it be turned against him.

Could this have been why Thanos was holding on to that Orb as if his life depended on it? Could this be why Thanos was blasting him and punching him with the Orb? Terrax's statement sort of fits what we later see Thanos doing in his fight vs Tyrant.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 07:31 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Part II - The Jakar Section

As some of you know, Jakar is the Stranger's rival. He constantly looks for ways to one up and conquer him. Jakar saw what went down between Thanos and Tyrant and wants the "Orbs of Knowledge" as he calls them from Tyrant as a source of power to one up the Stranger. He sends Jack of Hearts as a diversion and the two Spinsters will steal an Orb and bring it to Jakar.

The plan works and he gets his hands on an Orb and claims it's the key to helping him conquer this universe!

Some interesting Tyrant tidbits are to be found here too. He apparently puts himself in a self induced coma for whatever reason while he's not out conquering. And his worldship is of techno-organic nature.

Part II continued.... (after Tyrant's death)

This scene takes place after Tyrant and Galactus were "killed" by the UN backlash. Jakar still claims the Orb, once he unlocks it's power, will be key to helping him conquer the universe. When the Surfer threatens to destroy Jakar's tech (he has no innate power, all the stuff he does is because of his advance tech), he doesn't care "I have the Orb, I have no need of...".

So IMHO, taking all of this into consideration, Thanos was most definitely "amped" by the Orb when he took on Tyrant.

Coming soon, the Tyrant vs Jack of Hearts/Legacy/Ganymede/Terrax fight.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 07:43 AM
zopzop
The Weeknd

Tyrant vs Jack of Hearts/Legacy/Ganymede/Terrax

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

It really wasn't much of a fight. He was toying with them. Remember he wants them alive to drain their energy reserves (like he always does).

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 08:03 AM
zopzop
The Weeknd

Galactus vs Tyrant (very first encounter "full fight")

Apparently their first throwdown was something for the record books. Thanos claims the universe has never seen a conflict like that before or since. This is saying something since not too long ago, Thanos himself battled all the abstracts in 616 reality using the IG. So if Thanos was impressed............big grin

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 08:07 AM
zopzop
The Weeknd

Last but not least, the infamous

Punking of Galactus!
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

How can this NOT be in his respect thread? LOL!

Galactus arrives all pissed off and demands his herald back. Tyrant says no and Galactus backs off! Surfer was awake during this and asks Galactus how he let Tryant just waltz away with his herald, it's not in Galactus' nature to appease an enemy. Galactus responds that a fight between him and Tryant would wreck havoc on creation. Even if Tyrant were to win, he'd rule over rubble! So maybe Thanos wasn't exaggerating earlier, eh? smile

Well that's it. I just wanted to finish out Tyrant's respect thread. I don't know if any of this is mentioned in the "Galactus and his heralds" respect thread and I don't care really. Tryant deserves his very own respect thread without those feebs stealing the spotlight big grin

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 08:18 AM
zopzop
The Weeknd

Some Cool Pics of Tyrant and his Worldship

His Worldship -
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

The Surfer is awed. It's huge and rivals the worldship of Galactus himself. It's techno-organic in nature.

The Main Man Tyrant -
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

These were the coolest pics I could find of him. He has a neat character design but is cursed with having crappy artists attempt to draw him. These were the best I could find.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 07:03 PM
zopzop
The Weeknd

One more thing

One of Tyrant's Power Sources -

As you can see, he could have killed Surfer on the spot but didn't. In fact, he could have killed ANY of the beings he fought in his short career at Marvel but he keeps them alive as power sources. Notice that he's draining power both from them and their weapons (ps he's draining Stormbreaker and that's a magic artifact).

His other power source is the biosphere of EVERY planet in the UNIVERSE (scan provided up top). And this is "DP" Tyrant!

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 07:13 PM
zopzop
The Weeknd

Yet another thing big grin

Tyrant's Other Source of Power -

The biosphere of EVERY PLANET IN THE UNIVERSE, yes even "DP" Tyrant. I didn't think I'd need to post these scans since I already had a scan with Tyrant mentioning this but I guess some people needed to hear it from Galactus himself.

Oh and see where Galactus says : Go find me a suitable world, I'll need all my strength for such a foe. Face it people DP Tyrant was a deadly threat to Galactus. Respect Tyrant! smile

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 05:17 AM
Sundipped
MURDERER

Some cool art of the heroes vs. Tyrant.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 4th, 2011 06:47 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote