KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » resemblance...

resemblance...
Started by: Dexx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dexx
wingless

resemblance...

Why is everyone comparing LOTR with Harry Potter. Is it because they both came out in almost the same time? I've seen 'em both and they're in now way the same. Ofcourse Lotr is way better.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2002 01:00 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

I assume it's for because they're both popular fantasy books that was made grand-scale films of at the same time.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2002 01:41 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

psossibly because those people are idiots.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2002 01:46 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They are both the default fantasy mythologies of their age. LOTR was the be-all and end-all of fantasy for... bloody ages, actually, in much the same way Star Trek and Star Wars are for sci-fi. Harry Potter is the first fantasy SINCE LOTR that really can be called a 'default' of fantasy that all others are judged by.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 29th, 2002 07:53 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

anyway, i've just recently seen Harry Potter ( wasn't interested ) and i realy was expecting something worthy of comparation...with Lotr.
I can't say it's bad but no way near Lotr.....not even the CGIs smile

Old Post Jul 30th, 2002 01:18 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The first one always was rather average. It was the second one that made the series take off and the third is the best, but how well any of this will translate to film I dno not know.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 30th, 2002 07:27 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well...we'll see

Old Post Jul 30th, 2002 08:33 PM
Fitch
Free

anyway,as a conclusion:
LOTR is far better then Harry Potter.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2002 03:58 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well, duh?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2002 12:39 AM
Fitch
Free

even if it's obvious,I made a conclusion in a post.
What's bad in that ? confused

Old Post Aug 8th, 2002 07:43 AM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

who said it's bad?...oh well...

Old Post Aug 12th, 2002 03:02 AM