I personally guarantee that Jack and Elizabeth will NOT end up together. There is no "evidence" besides playful banter in Dead Man's Chest that points to that. Elizabeth just tricked Jack. The pairing is Will and Elizabeth. It's just all wishful thinking and fangirl drooling that Jack and Elizabeth will get together.
Gender: Female Location: Drinking rum with Jack in a dingy
LOL _ just think how great Pirates 3 would be if all of us could get together and write the script for them....then we're sure to have a happy ending - someone mentions that Disney always has happy endings - well, then, I think based on the signs given us in Pirates 2 that they too want a happy ending that ends with Jack and Liz.
Here's my fantasy ending - Like the one earlier - Jack tells her they could never be together because she wants marriage and children and that's something he can't give her.,..however, when they are around each other he can't seem to keep his hands off her. He tells her to marry Will - that she'll forget about him in time....While Will is captured by Norrington, Norrington and Lord Beckett tell Will all about how Elizabeth really wants Jack. So.....Will and Elizabeth are set to marry...Will, however the good-hearted person he is, realises Liz will never be happy with him, and why would he want to be married to someone who secretly longs for someone else. So he breaks the engagement. Meanwhile, Jack has gone back to Tortuga but misses Liz so much - he passes out every night on Rum......Once the marriage is called off, The Governor's governership is over - and Liz is miserable, so they decide to return to England - and away from all her memories of Jack. ATsome point right here, Disney could play some kind of love song and they could recapture all of Liz and Jack's moments from all 3 pirate movies (just like the videos' on youtube.com). While on the ship just outside of Port Royal - the English merchant ship is over-run by Pirates, when Liz sees its the Black Pearl she can hardly believe it - Jack boards the ship. He tells Elizabeth that he can't live without her, that he loves her and if she's willing to accept his way of life they can be together. Governor Swann is shocked and almost passes out as Lizzie throws herself into Handsome Jack's arms and lays a nice, slow sexy kiss on him and says YES> And they sail away on the Black Pearl....leaving to our wild immagination's... Maybe the ending line might be "Lizzie,darling, you still look better in a dress or nothing." and she responds, "Jack, do you still happen to have NO dress in your cabin?" And he says -Yes, love, as a matter of fact I do." He winks at Gibbs and tells him, man the ship for me mate. They go down to his cabin and the credits role while the phenominal Pirates theme plays.....
Yeah I know I posted it. And I even said that I posted it twice. I didn't realize there was so many threads on the topic. No evidence that supported that Will and Elizabeth will be together?
Wow. That is....not right at all.
Let's start with the basics shall we? The VERY beginning? Shall do.
1. Will Turner was the son of Pirate Bootstrap Bill Turner. He was shipwrecked and saved by the navy and brought aboard Elizabeth's ship. This is where they first meet, and Elizabeth immediately begins to feel some sort of connection with Will.
2. Will makes a new life for himself, believing he has lost the one thing that belonged to his father that was important to both of them. He becomes the apprentice for a blacksmith, and becomes an excellent swordsman by practicing 3 hours a day. All the while harboring a crush for the girl who had saved him. Elizabeth frequently feels feelings of affection for Will as well, enough so that her hand-maidens realize it and tease her.
3. After the whole kidnapping of Elizabeth, she gives Barbossa's crew a fake name - Turner. This is because she likes Will. Will meanwhile teams up with a "Pirate" (cough the type of people he hates and distrusts) and attempts to do all in his power to save the woman he loves. To quote him "I would die for her." Eventually jack and Elizabeth wind up on an island, where Jack attempts to seduce her. Elizabeth says her distaste for Jack oftentimes in the movie.
4. They save the day, 3 hours later and the movie ends with Elizabeth turning down the rich handsome norrington, and admits her love for will. The movie ends happily in their embrace.
5. Pirates 2 starts with Elizabeth awaiting her fiance' for her wedding. Not to sound a bit sarcastic but...people who are in LOVE usually get married....
6. Determined to save her true love, Elizabeth embarks on a journey of her own. This is where she teams with Sparrow and the others. Will however is currently aboard the flying dutchman and stuff. Flirting with Jack and whatnot, all attempting to get him to become a good-guy.
7. And this is the most important part of the story - In the end, Elizabeth kisses Jack, and chains him to the mast. Thus leaving him to die. If thats not love, what is?
You say that there was no evidence. Bah. Watch both movies again. Tell me who the couple is. There was no development with their (fully developed already) relationship, because they were off doing other things. Why were they doing those things? Fighting sea monsters and battling pirates? To save each other from death. Why? Because they love each other. Why did Jack do his stuff? Why did your hero lie to his friends and theive from Tia Dalma and tell Will to settle his debt with davy jones?
To save his own ass.
No need to get testy. Upset because someone disagrees? Believe me, I watched Pirates 2. And a "Happy-Ending" would not be Jack Sparrow stealing poor Will Turner's fiance from him and having Liz and Jack have a big affair. Meanwhile Will is crying after going through all of that hardship from both movies to save the girl he doesn't even get. Pffft. Sounds like Disney
^^ Um.......actually, Jack and Liz being together would be a good plot for the love story in Pirates 3......something like, Will loves Liz so much, he wants her to be happy, and if her being with Jack makes her happy, than he will want her to do that.....and Will is so concentrated on saving his father, that he has spent NO time with Liz...they are developing into 2 TOTALLY different people.....they don't fit together anymore.........Jack and Liz have MUCH better chemistry....the VERY beginning is Jack saves Liz's life......that's how they first meet....Upset because someone disagrees?.......and Will and Liz's wedding day looked more like a funeral than a wedding.....and remember Liz's comment "it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding" REMEMBER THAT?....and they develope SO much during the movie, Liz wants the free pirate lifestyle that Jack has.....
and Davy Jones' love story was doomed for some reason, because he did something, and the PRODUCER said that Will/Liz's love story mirrors Davy Jones'......
So you do think that the wife stealer ending would be better than the true love ending?
Okay lets look at it with your evidence. You say that "Will has spent NO time with Liz because he is concentrated on saving his father." I believe I said this already but....Will goes on this whirlwind of an overproduced film all to save his lovely fiance' elizabeth. To do so, he is TRICKED by Jack Sparrow (for whatever reason everyone loves him) into going to the flying dutchman and finding the key and stuff. The only REASONS Will ended up on the Dutchman and finding his father was
a.) Jack deceived him
b.) He was out attempting to find any way possible to save his love.
You say Will is too concentrated. I disagree, he gets that drive to save his father barely half-way through the film. You're acting as though the whole time Will ignores everything else. He saves everyone on the pearl's life through his command (cough meanwhile Jack is off attempting to escape.) And why does everyone keep saying af it is Fact that Elizabeth wants that lifestyle. She never once said that. Jack said that by twisting her words against her. But no, "obviously" she wants Jack. And yes I remember Jack saves Liz's life. Then ten seconds later, chokes her with his chains. Ah what a charmer.
Yes I remember that it was bad-luck. But bad-luck pertaining to their wedding? Or perhaps...THE REST OF THE WHOLE MOVIE WHILE THEY ARE BEING CHASED BY THE KRAKKEN AND THE FLYING DUTCHMAN AND RUNNING FROM CANNIBALISTIC ISLANDERS???
No it must be bad luck meaning Liz to cheat on Will with Jack. Obviously.
I see how your staying away from the fact that Liz...LEFT JACK TO DIE.
^^How come she smilied every time Jack was flirting with her then? and she even took command in the flirting department a few times also....and it's not a "wife stealer" because nobody is married yet....
but wen she chained him there was a moment between them she almost went in to kiss him again once he was already chained. she deff. has a thing for jack. then jack said to her pirate. that was a compliment cus she wants to BE a pirate.