KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Wicked/Son of a Witch

Wicked/Son of a Witch
Started by: The Phantom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Wicked/Son of a Witch

Two of my favorite books. The book Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West explains the life of a misunderstood girl named Elphaba who grows up to be known as the Wicked Witch of the West. An awesome book which I highly recommend to anyone over the age of sixteen because there is adult language, adult content, and suggestive items.

Son of a Witch is the sequel to the book Wicked, telling about Elphaba's (the Wicked Witch of the West) "unsure son" (meaning no ones really sure if he is Elphaba's son or not because he isn't green, but know one knows where he came from and he has always been with Elphaba. A sheer mystery), Liir, and his life on finding his half sister Nor which leads to different things such as meeting Elphaba's brother who becomes emporer of Oz, a Quadling girl who gets impregnanted with his daughter, and a council of Birds. Another highly recommended book after you read Wicked and it is recommended once more for adult language, adult content, and suggestive items.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 06:28 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 09:01 PM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azure
I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)
Don't waste my thread on Wicked for this. I like Dragonlance and all (as you see in the threads), but you shouldn't go into threads and saying that. Can piss people off.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:30 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

My cousin saw the 'Wicked' play on stage when it came near him, and he loved it! I have been meaning to read the book, but I can't find it...

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 07:38 PM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by R.F.
My cousin saw the 'Wicked' play on stage when it came near him, and he loved it! I have been meaning to read the book, but I can't find it...
That's quite a surprise. I keep seeing it when I go into a bookstore. The flipping book is stalking me man!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 09:46 PM
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

Huh... That's odd... I've seen it only once, but I didn't know about it at the time... Now I wish I had gotten it...

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 12:45 PM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by R.F.
Huh... That's odd... I've seen it only once, but I didn't know about it at the time... Now I wish I had gotten it...
Search again or just order off of BarnesandNoble.com. You can get it that way. Trust me, it is really good.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:42 PM
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

Thanks! I didn't even think of trying the internet!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 10:26 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Information I never noticed before on the Wicked Cycle (as the series as so called now). The third book is currently being written, entitled "A Cowardly War" in which the "Cowardly" Lion is one of the key characters. The book, as far as I've researched, has no set date but because Wikipedia has it under 2007 novels, my guess is 2007.

Last edited by The Phantom on Apr 1st, 2007 at 09:52 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 09:40 PM
Bardock42

Son of a witch, hahahahahahaha

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 09:56 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Bardock42
Son of a witch, hahahahahahaha
Your the five-hundredth person to do that...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 02:43 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Son of a Witch, hahahahahahahaha!

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 10:05 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Son of a Witch, hahahahahahahaha!
Originally posted by The Phantom

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 03:20 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

How can I be the five-hundreth person to do that? I thought Bardock was, or are we not counting him anymore because he's so puny and insignificant?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 11:42 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
How can I be the five-hundreth person to do that? I thought Bardock was, or are we not counting him anymore because he's so puny and insignificant?
Who cares. Don't go off topic in here please. No one talking is better than people going off topic if you ask me.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 12:16 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

The Phantom, what do you think is better: no-one talks, or people go off topic?

I'd be interested to know.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2007 12:04 PM
Bardock42

I doubt that, it is so immensely obvious that thousands probably thought of it...

Also...Floo would have to be the five hundred and first...at least...cause he is gay, he doesn't get even numbers.

Also, what do you think: Is it better that no one talks or that people go off-topic?

Oh, and "you're"

Old Post Apr 11th, 2007 07:13 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Azure
You're an idiot

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 05:24 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Bardock42
I doubt that, it is so immensely obvious that thousands probably thought of it...

Also...Floo would have to be the five hundred and first...at least...cause he is gay, he doesn't get even numbers.

Also, what do you think: Is it better that no one talks or that people go off-topic?

Oh, and "you're"
Better no one talks. But I'd take the third choice of people talking on topic. Really people, these are good books.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 11:45 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Better no one talks. But I'd take the third choice of people talking on topic. Really people, these are good books.

Hmm, interesting...What about if people talk about not talking? What is your opinion on that?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 09:06 AM