KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Gill (SFIII third strike) vs. Omega Rugal (2002)

Gill (SFIII third strike) vs. Omega Rugal (2002)
Started by: the Darkone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
tag team was taken from the concept of 3v3, but put into real time.. so theres that..

how is tag team anything like 3 vs 3, their completely different.

yes .. a death move = a super move for those not in the know.. because it must meet a condition for you to use it.. the fact that it does mega damage.. is why its called super.. whoa... other words for it include desperation move, and crazy death move

Death Move and a Super Art are nothing alike, comparing them would be like comparing scorpions spear attack to spider mans webbing.

Anyways, here's the main characteristics of Capcom's supers:

1)only available with a full meter, which is gained by attacking and doing specials.
2)Freeze frames when super is activated.
3)Invincibility frames.
4)Powerful attack

SNK DM's:

1)available when life is low.
2)powerful attack.

now ask yourself, which model do SNK supers follow now?

custom combos is capcom.. super arts isnt... tag teams a spin off of KoF 3v3... so you get partial credit

super arts are capcom,and so is tag team. both were copied by snk later on.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 03:50 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

all you're doing is spinning it around on the terms of 'condition' which is quite lame

either you wait til ur lifebar is low.. or you wait for a super meter to fill up... you do the same shit at the end so really wheres the originality?

comparing "super arts" to death moves is not at all comparing it as if it were scorpion spear and spiderman webbing... thats just silly

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 05:00 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
looldude

uh.
have you ever thought of the actual release date? roll eyes (sarcastic)

so what you are saying is that both games were MADE the exact time and day?

give me a ****ing break. lol LOGIC PLZ.

Third strike is also superior than its predecessors 1998, 1999, 2000, etc.

You want to argue that as well? Answer this question, why isnt KOF games being played in large and POPULAR tournaments as much as capcom games?

Last edited by looldude on Jul 26th, 2006 at 05:13 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 05:10 AM
looldude is currently offline Click here to Send looldude a Private Message Find more posts by looldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

all you're doing is spinning it around on the terms of 'condition' which is quite lame

either you wait til ur lifebar is low.. or you wait for a super meter to fill up... you do the same shit at the end so really wheres the originality?

comparing "super arts" to death moves is not at all comparing it as if it were scorpion spear and spiderman webbing... thats just silly

Again the only similarity that death moves have with the super art is the fact they take extra damage. super street fighter 2 turbo came out 1994, the same year as KOF 94'. the dates are to close for it to be considered a copy. And if death moves are such a big deal, why did snk later implement the super art into their fighting games?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 05:37 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

Originally posted by looldude
uh.

You want to argue that as well? Answer this question, why isnt KOF games being played in large and POPULAR tournaments as much as capcom games?

i'd say bad marketing more than anything else

have you actually played KOF? it's just as good as Street Fighter, if not better on some levels

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 05:51 AM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
i'd say bad marketing more than anything else

have you actually played KOF? it's just as good as Street Fighter, if not better on some levels

I play kof it's pretty good but, I wouldn't compare it to street fighter. IMO kof lacks game restriction.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 05:55 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Again the only similarity that death moves have with the super art is the fact they take extra damage. super street fighter 2 turbo came out 1994, the same year as KOF 94'. the dates are to close for it to be considered a copy. And if death moves are such a big deal, why did snk later implement the super art into their fighting games?

lets take ryukou no ken for example.. came out same time as street fighter 2... (the first one)

you charge your spirit bar to full.. boom.. haoshokouken... theres your SNK super art...

it was basically manual charge bar (which yielded a level 1 super, until combined with a low energy bar for an even higher damage super (Lv 2) until 97 I think, where the 'diamonds' came into play

I'm pretty sure 98 was the same deal as 97 (but less quality).. and 99 into the 2k's is where gaymore started taking over

if you noticed, the only two KoF grooves to appear in Cap vs SNK2 are the two that I've just mentioned... they're good.. everything else gaymore added sucked

uh.

Do you KNOW the EXACT release date?.. LOGIC PLZ indeed... give 'me' the break if anything... pushing your opinions off as fact is tacky as hell

its not superior to KoF 97 IMO... you can say whatever you want about the ones afterwards.. theyre SNK's 'gaymore-phase' property as far as I'm concerned

actually KoF is more celebrated in places like korea and singapore.. I believe mexico also thinks highly of the KoF series

---------------------------

And please people for the love of god add a poll to these battles lol.. I enjoy talking with all of you, but constantly going over the same issues gets pointless with no poll numbers behind it
(I'm saying in general.. not this discussion in particular)

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Jul 26th, 2006 at 12:38 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 12:32 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

Satsujin you're posting nonsense

Snk copied indeed many attacks from capcom, Especially YUHRI!!!!!!!

And the most important people in Snk who worked on Kof and a few other titles have worked under Capcom for the Sf 2 series!!! I bet you didn't know that didn't you.

and wtf are you talking about supers. If sf never came out, you never had games like KOF or GG or Fatal Fury

Cause those people have worked for capcom.

And GOD RUGAL VS GILL is how it should be and NOT Omega Rugal

and it is bullshit about what game came out first. Gill is NO RIPOFF!!

Do you know how many people of SNK are a Rip off. you have no idea.

And yes i play sf 3. more then you think. i even post sometimes in topics when i'm home from a sf/tekken tourney!!

you think you're smart, don't you? You really hate SF!! i have been reading you're post for a while, and i can see only negative post from you!!!

Well SNK IS GAY!! And YOU ARE A GAYLOVER!! 2nd hands game company who rips off capcom with their pathetic graphics. miffed

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 02:13 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by shin_remy

And the most important people in Snk who worked on Kof and a few other titles have worked under Capcom for the Sf 2 series!!! I bet you didn't know that didn't you.

and wtf are you talking about supers. If sf never came out, you never had games like KOF or GG or Fatal Fury

And yes i play sf 3. more then you think. i even post sometimes in topics when i'm home from a sf/tekken tourney!!

you think you're smart, don't you? You really hate SF!! i have been reading you're post for a while, and i can see only negative post from you!!!

Well SNK IS GAY!! And YOU ARE A GAYLOVER!! 2nd hands game company who rips off capcom with their pathetic graphics. miffed

- a link to your so called 'facts' of SNK programmers working previously for capcom's SF2 would be appreciated... otherwise its bs

- didnt say gill was a ripoff.. learn to read... I said his seraphic wing is a direct ripoff of orochi's 'return to nothing'

- I didnt even ask if you played Sf3.. what difference does it make if you do or dont?

- Smart?.. I never give myself props.. I merely root for the underdog.. and if I get hated for it.. all the better wink

- Oh yes.. because if supers were never invented by capcom, SNK would never create an entire franchise........../end sarcasm no expression

- Hate street fighter?.. of course not... why would I own third strike and cap vs snk 2 if I hated it?.... I 'hate' (if thats really the word we must use) the fact that everyone swears capcom pioneered everything there is about 2d fighting.. 'that' makes me sick... not street fighter

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 03:11 PM
looldude

Can you prove gill's moves are a rip off of orochis?
please thanks.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 06:32 PM
looldude is currently offline Click here to Send looldude a Private Message Find more posts by looldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I don't see why everyone is so worked up... both franchises are great fighting games...

As for the whole Return to Nothing vs Seraphic Wing thing... Well they are both multi hitting screen filling super moves, but there are many important differences... they both have different properties, Gill's does more hits and more damage, but Gill also has alot more liabilities when using it, like shifting to the middle of the screen, and having a huge startup delay.

Orochi's is instantaneous, with a maximum hit value of 16.

I beleive we've had this diescussion before, in one of my early threads...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:04 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Can you prove gill's moves are a rip off of orochis?
please thanks.
Honestly, from my standpoint.. I played KoF 97 for a few months before I read about street fighter 3 and how its amazing animation chip is something to witness

but apparently.. as any video game copywright is only done by years (and not months or days).. I'm merely going by my personal experience..

what month have any of you played the first SF3 in 97?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:39 AM
looldude

the arcade release of sf3 was on feburary

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:59 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

the arcade release of sf3 was on feburary
where might I find this information?

is there an arcade release database somewheres?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 03:26 AM
looldude

yes check gamefaqs.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 05:52 AM
Kayne Archeron

Originally posted by shin_remy

tell me who they were ripping off with Geese, hm?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 07:58 AM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

yes check gamefaqs.
k now the next step is information about him using seraphic wing in "new generation"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/data/563188.html

I see that the release date for KoF 97 is conflicting...
it says the game is released in japanese arcades in july of 97, almost august..

King of Fighters '97, The SNK 07/28/97 JP

however... there is an FAQ made 'before' this date

Foreign Language FAQs
FAQ/Move List (Spanish) 06/30/97 VMartin

so let me ask how the hell its possible for a guide to come out (in spanish no less..) a full month before the game even gets released in japan?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 08:55 AM
looldude

Yeah, few days ago, i tried to do some research on the actual release date for KOF 97 arcade version, but no avail sad

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:30 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

lets take ryukou no ken for example.. came out same time as street fighter 2... (the first one)

you charge your spirit bar to full.. boom.. haoshokouken... theres your SNK super art...it was basically manual charge bar (which yielded a level 1 super, until combined with a low energy bar for an even higher damage super (Lv 2) until 97 I think, where the 'diamonds' came into play

I'm pretty sure 98 was the same deal as 97 (but less quality).. and 99 into the 2k's is where gaymore started taking over

if you noticed, the only two KoF grooves to appear in Cap vs SNK2 are the two that I've just mentioned... they're good.. everything else gaymore added sucked

Your comparing spirit meter to the super art laughing
They are nothing a like, the spirit meter was needed to perform special moves in general , how is that anything like the super art? basically your taking anything with a bar and comparing it with the super art.

-And you wanna talk about copying, like when snk copies multiple signature moves from capcom. like giving robert a sonic boom like projectile and a flash kick.

-And your talking about innovations when tag team, super art and street fighter 2's engine were all ripped off by snk.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:41 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Everyone is excited... I like both companies... just one thing. Gill is a cheap bastard.

Thank you.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 11:09 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote