KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Recent Video Game Purchases

Recent Video Game Purchases
Started by: Solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Earlier today, I bought 5 new PSP UMDs from Modern Electronics...

Fate/Unlimited Codes
Gran Turismo
Rock Band: Unplugged
LittleBigPlanet
Tekken 6

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 27th, 2009 06:48 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Weltall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Yeah, I think the Japanese should stick to where they are good at: storylines.

As I see it, Demon's Souls is an attempt to compete with Western RPGs, which focus more on gameplay.

It would be nice if they come up with another excellent turn-based RPG title, like the FF classics, MOTHER series, or Suikoden.

Yeah it's been a while since they've made a truly legendary turn-based RPG but hopefully we don't have too long to wait for another one with Sands of Destruction/World Destruction: Guided Wills coming out in January. It probably has the best development team I've ever seen in a game, with key members from the development teams of the Chrono series, Xenogears, the Xenosaga series, Final Fantasy VII, Grandia, Drakengard and Etrian Odyssey, including Masato Kato (who's worked as a writer on the Chrono series, Xenogears, Final fantasy VII, the Xenosaga series, and Baten Kaitos), and Yasunori Mitsuda (who's worked as a composer on the Chrono series, Xenogears, the Xenosaga series, and the Shadow Hearts series). Those two alone would be a killer duo to have on the development team of a game (as it's always been the storyline and music that's made all these games as great as they are imho) but they also have a tonne of other key developers who worked on those mentioned games, from programmers to character designers. Really, if anything was able to recreate the magic of games like Xenogears, the Chrono series, or Xenosaga series, this would be it. By the looks of it it also has some pretty incredible graphics for a DS game and a tonne of content, being one of the longest DS games there is. Game looks awesome. big grin

Old Post Nov 29th, 2009 12:58 PM
Weltall is currently offline Click here to Send Weltall a Private Message Find more posts by Weltall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Weltall
Masato Kato and Yasunori Mitsuda

NO FREAKIN WAY DUDE!
HOLY SHIT dayum!

I'm gonna look for the anime now

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Nov 29th, 2009 at 05:48 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2009 05:42 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Weltall
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be honest I'd probably play the game first. Anime adaptations of JRPGs are generally nowhere near as good as the game as far as how they tell the game's story (and apparently this is especially the case with Sands of Destruction), so it'd probably be better to view the storyline for the first time through the medium that tells the story in the best way.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2009 10:21 PM
Weltall is currently offline Click here to Send Weltall a Private Message Find more posts by Weltall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Got Xbox360, GTA:Episodes from Liberty City, & UFC 2009 on Black Friday. Very happy w/it so far.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 08:32 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

PSP Slim
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Loco Roco
Dragon Age Origins (PC)

big grin

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 12:32 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

FEAR 2

and today i got-

Dead Space
Lost Planet

Old Post Dec 29th, 2009 08:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Assasins Creed 2, (PS3)
Fallout 3 GOTY, (PS3)
God of War collection (Imported from the yanks PS3),
Fifa 08 (98p PS3)
Prof. Layton's Pandorra Box, (DS)
Trivial Pursuit. (£3 Wii)

Old Post Dec 29th, 2009 08:55 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Purchased and downloaded Castlvania: The Adventure ReBirth yesterday. Pretty satisfied.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2009 03:48 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

R&CF: Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty (PS3)
Folklore (PS3)
NSMB Wii
SH Shattered Memories (Wii)

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Dec 29th, 2009 04:35 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotarija
Lone Soul

Most recent would be Mass Effect, since ive preordered the 2nd i may aswell play this now i have a pc that can handle it

Then it would be..Assassin's Creed 2 for Ps3 and Dragon Age Origins also for Ps3

Flith, ChickenMeat, Roulette, Mystifier, Raven Guardia

Old Post Dec 29th, 2009 06:47 PM
Kotarija is currently offline Click here to Send Kotarija a Private Message Find more posts by Kotarija Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Mass Effect (360)
Dragon Age Origins (360)
Assassin's Creed 2 (360)
Halo 3 ODST (360)
Modern Warfare 2 (360)

Old Post Dec 29th, 2009 07:24 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

COD:MW2(360)
Dragon Age(360)
Assassins Creed II(360)
Madden 10(360)
NBA 2K10(360)

Old Post Dec 29th, 2009 07:46 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sancty
-

I pre-ordered Bayonetta, Bioshock 2 and FFXIII a while ago, also got Naruto: Rise of a ninja

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 09:26 AM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

sprang 30 bucks for a used psp sans battery and stuff. turns out it had custom firmware, so i finished the job and put in some games and windows. Now I have one Kickass psp with all the games i need from alot of different consoles.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 11:25 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Prince Of Persia

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 07:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heythere,Honey

MUA 2(haven't played it yet, still finishing the first), SmackDown vs Raw 2010, Tekken 6, and Monster Hunter.

Sig by Scythe

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 07:31 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flameback
Pathology

Most recent purchases have been 'Batman: Arkham City' (360), 'X-Men: Destiny' (360) and 'Deus Ex: Human Revolution' (360).

"I ain't no fraggin' hero. I'm th' main man. I booze.
I womanize. I swear. An' I beat th' living crap outta
anybody I fraggin' feel like."
- Lobo

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 04:33 PM
Flameback is currently offline Click here to Send Flameback a Private Message Find more posts by Flameback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Team Ico Collection (Only played up to the third colossi), Assasin's Creed II several months ago (Haven't opened yet), Bioshock 2 (Never beat it because **** that game and it's ****ing glitches)

I haven't actually played any video games in a month at least, and yet I keep buying them. (Uncharted 3 already paid for, probably buying WWE '12 and Skyrim too)

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 04:43 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Been a little while. Portal 2 quite a few months ago.

Drought's about to end though. BF3 in a little over a week. Skyrim a few weeks later. Arkham City and Assassin's Creed for Christmas (or shortly thereafter if I'm not gifted them).

All sequels. Probably telling. I'm reluctant to invest in new franchises anymore, much like book series or authors. Time and money, both of which are in short supply.

Last edited by Digi on Oct 20th, 2011 at 06:42 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 06:36 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote