KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Recent Video Game Purchases

Recent Video Game Purchases
Started by: Solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 21 22 [23]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Batman: Arkham City (PS3)

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 06:40 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Gears Of War 3 and Afro Samurai were my last ones.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2011 07:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

GoW3 and Crysis for the Xbox.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 21st, 2011 07:37 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2011 04:24 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Saints Row The Third and Doom 3 (PC)

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 05:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Powerslave/Exhumed from GOG

since it goes through DOS, just use a source port for it.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2020 11:33 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Black Friday sale on PS4, decided to pick up Doom: Eternal. I had already beaten Doom 2016 and enjoyed it a lot.

Only about a half hour into this one and it already seems a lot different. The graphics are more cartoony compared to Doom 2016.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 03:40 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Batman: Arkham City (PS3)

Is it better than Arkham Asylum? I finally got around to playing AA recently (PS3 as well) and enjoyed it immensely. Some of those trophies related to combat challenges are really difficult to acquire though and I've basically already given-up on them and moved on to other games.

Fighting games just aren't my strong suit. Yeah, I know there is a lot more than just fighting in AA but I was mainly referring to the combat challenges part of the game.

I watched some You Tube videos of people playing the challenges (was trying to get some tips or insight into ways to beat them) and I was amazed at how good some players are at them. I can't imagine the hours of practice they put into the game to get that good.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 04:19 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Lol...is Arkham City better.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 04:42 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

City is the best Arkham game.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 04:58 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
Lol...is Arkham City better.

I'll take that as a yes, Arkham City is much better, at least in your opinion.

That also tends to be the majority opinion I've heard on other websites and You Tube as well. Though I have heard the occasional "Arkham Asylum is my favorite Arkham game" before too.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 05:52 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
I'll take that as a yes, Arkham City is much better, at least in your opinion.

That also tends to be the majority opinion I've heard on other websites and You Tube as well. Though I have heard the occasional "Arkham Asylum is my favorite Arkham game" before too.

Yeah it is a much better game

also it received lots of awards too if that kinda thing sways you.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 07:07 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, I would also vote City as being the superior game. The gameplay, the visuals etc, were all upgraded from Asylum.

Asylum does have a tighter, more focused narrative though, so if you like that in a story, then you may enjoy Asylum more in that sense.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 12:50 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

City is an open world-ish version of Asylum....
The first game is a pure Metroid style game.

Both are fantastic but it also depends on how much you like open world games.
However, I recently replayed Asylum, while still great...it's not as complex as the next 3 games. Fantastic starting point.

But Rocksteady nailed the open world Metroid style gameplay extremely well in City. They could of gone the route of just a typical open world game but it's unquie gameplay moments and open world scripted events that bring it to life. I remember going down in the sewers and seeing Wonder City. It was so cool an unexpected. And they nailed the Riddler trophies with the open world too. Sometimes a smaller map can do wonders for a type of game like this.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 01:09 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

A lot of games are no longer available online. PAC-MAN Museum was pulled from Steam, meaning if I want to play Super PAC Man or PAC-MAN Arrangement I have to pull out the Xbox.

Ditto Space Invaders Infinity Gene. And I can't get Galaga Legions DX at all, never having bought it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2020 03:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote