KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » who survives this scenario longest

who survives this scenario longest
Started by: emporerpants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

no dude, YOU are wrong. xenomorphs can take some serious pounding from far superior creatures like the predators. the predators are much faster, stronger and better equiped than Captain America.....and they still had problems.

oh and you want to tell me what Captain America is going to do if he's confronted by one? what's he going to do? punch them. i just said blunt trauma from humans doesnt mean anything....even from someone like Captain america. sheild.....granted he can slash but that risks acid splash. either way he's f00ked.

black panter, granted though. he does stand a better chance but all he can do is avoid confrontation. if he is spotted...he's f--ked.

as for Beast, i agree that he probably has the size, speed and agility advantage. but he risks getting mauled and if he's outnumbered he's also f--ked. and i doubt biting or clawing will help him. he's f--ked too.

The Punisher is the only guy who can make it out here. he has guns and grenades, the only two things taht allowed ripley to escape them. on top of all that he has great weapons, single rounds and automatic and damn powerful. guns like M60 are what ripley used and she got out despite being alone and surrounded. and Punisher is the only guy who is the safest from acid spray since he can shoot them from far away. At any rate, he's gauranteed the highest kills in both cases. by the account, alone, he is the favorite.

the rest are dead. period.
And Elektra is the weakest link. the only hope she has is shaking her booty and hoping some the xenos are into hentai.

~Sado

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 08:50 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rougeredmage

1. captain america:: i am sure he is going to last about 5 minitues
2. batman: i think he will last 5 minitues longer then cap but he relies too mutch on technology
3. beast: actually i can see beast surving the longest he has the power and the brains... unlike batman who relies on tech which is unreliable
4. kraven the hunter: perhaps just under beast but he is on their hunting ground
5. daredevil... i would say between cap and batman
6. elecktra.... actually dont think its going to happern that long
7. black panther. about the same as batman
8. punisher/....... he will run out of bullets fast

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 12:14 PM
rougeredmage is currently offline Click here to Send rougeredmage a Private Message Find more posts by rougeredmage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Why is everyone saying that Batman is screwed? confused He carries liquid-nitrogen capsules. These things will freeze the Xenomorphs and not kill them, that means that if they are not dead they will not be replaced. If Batman had prep he could certainly pack more capsules than he normally does and would have a great chance. Punisher also has a great chance.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 03:56 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
8. punisher/....... he will run out of bullets fast

you are obviously unaware of how prepared Frank Castle is for war everyday. you've seen his belt? it has four extra uzi/MP5 clips, several 45 clips and several grenades. and then there is the M60 which alone is probably enough for the xenomorphs (as we've seen in Alien2).

Batman is getting too much love here. how hell are his batarang going to help him against xenomorphs is beyond me. he can hide....but he aint winning. what is he going to do anyway? throw the batbolo on them?
seriously...too much love for bats.

The Punisher wins this. he has the warfare, the battle experience and the armory. all the htings Ripley did to survive. Period.

~Sado

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 05:18 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

black panther is best suited(literally) for this. xenomorphs are blind and wont be able to hear him. punisher may have lots of ammo but he lacks a perimeter scanner, good luck getting the "long range shots".

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 10:35 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
black panther is best suited(literally) for this. xenomorphs are blind and wont be able to hear him. punisher may have lots of ammo but he lacks a perimeter scanner, good luck getting the "long range shots".

first of all, the xenomorphs are NOT blind. you just cant see there eyes. but they can SEE. the makers of alien just used a lot of freudian psychoanalysis to make them look creepy. that meant black, androginous and no visible eyes. the good news is that they don't have oedipul complex big grin

second, have you seen aliens2? i've been mentioning ripley since i got here and she the only person to survive coming face to face with them on THREE occassions. in 2, she went directly down the hive to rescue a girl. so how did she do it?
with a flame thrower and an assault rifle.

you want to tell me how twin 45s, twin uzi's, m60, and several grenades is not better than ripley's ammo............which she used to go down the hive AND BACK?

oh and ripley had no battle experience and wasn't even a good shooter. so take the above ammo and put vietnam vet and blackorps expert into the equation.

oh and one more thing. have you read civil war? you should because over there we also learn that amongst all the people on Captain America's side (which included spiderman), FRANK CASTLE was the best at infiltration. he infiltrated the base where the rebels were kept, took photos and got out despite it having surveliance and state of the art traps etc. which were made and provided by Tony Stark (the freaking Batman of Marvel).

stealth, battle knowledge, killer instinct, survival nature and one hell of weaponry. The Punisher 10/10

~Sado

Last edited by Sado22 on Feb 21st, 2008 at 06:34 AM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 06:31 AM
iceman24567

The Punisher is not the only person that can make it out...Batman could do better in both scenarios and so could Blackpanther. They have gear and weapons to put them above him in this kind of bought.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 06:36 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

iceman, shurikens and bolos aint going to KILL them. xenomorphs are immune to blunt trauma from human beings (even the predators for that matter). all you need to do is blow them up or shoot them. both of which frank is ready for. ALWAYS.

~Sado

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 06:39 AM
iceman24567

Frank Castle is good but without prep i don't see him surviving. Batman has an arsenal of weapons that could cut, freeze or blow them up and he is faster and stronger than Frank too T'Challa has his claws, his, suit, acute sense and the ebony blade they both stand a better chance.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 06:49 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sado22
first of all, the xenomorphs are NOT blind. you just cant see there eyes. but they can SEE. the makers of alien just used a lot of freudian psychoanalysis to make them look creepy. that meant black, androginous and no visible eyes. the good news is that they don't have oedipul complex big grin

second, have you seen aliens2? i've been mentioning ripley since i got here and she the only person to survive coming face to face with them on THREE occassions. in 2, she went directly down the hive to rescue a girl. so how did she do it?
with a flame thrower and an assault rifle.

you want to tell me how twin 45s, twin uzi's, m60, and several grenades is not better than ripley's ammo............which she used to go down the hive AND BACK?

oh and ripley had no battle experience and wasn't even a good shooter. so take the above ammo and put vietnam vet and blackorps expert into the equation.

oh and one more thing. have you read civil war? you should because over there we also learn that amongst all the people on Captain America's side (which included spiderman), FRANK CASTLE was the best at infiltration. he infiltrated the base where the rebels were kept, took photos and got out despite it having surveliance and state of the art traps etc. which were made and provided by Tony Stark (the freaking Batman of Marvel).

stealth, battle knowledge, killer instinct, survival nature and one hell of weaponry. The Punisher 10/10

~Sado
ok, about the second aliens movie, its called a plot and the directors had to get the queen involved somehow for the epic battle scene. I thought we were going to be imagining this in real life terms, you know where ammo/weapon weight is a factor.its also one of the greatest challenges in weapon development. punisher isn't carrying all his guns and ammo into this and be able to move freely to. thats why i prefer stealth over direct engagement for this. it would be funny to either see him ditch 100 pounds of guns/ammo to get through a corridor or ditch them when all they do is attract more aliens. oh yeah, the gun Riply used, what kind of ammo did that thing have that allowed it to store like 300 rounds without a magazine?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 06:52 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

1. captain america::

Steve is a great dude. Great leadership qualities, and astounding fighting capability. However, the question that needs to be asked here is this .....what is his offensive capability against Aliens, and his defensive capabilities?
Against an individual Alien, his defensive capability is good. He is quite adept with his shield, and it wouldn't get a hit on him. And due to the SS serum, he will nto experience fatigue so it could go on for some time. The problem is when more Aliens start to appear .....and more ....I believe it is 100 ALiens, and by the time 3 or 4 are hitting on him then his defense falls.
As for offense he has nil. His fighting abilities will do naught to the Aliens, and throwing the shield will simply buy time.
He dies.

2. batman:
Bruce has had experience with Aliens, and managed to do quite well against them (with only his normal equipment). He has actually faced Aliens twice I believe, and both times he was not prepared. In the second encounter, at the end he even faced 'special' Aliens that had been augmented (although at that encounter he had a special armored suit) ....but the main encounters are the ones before he has the suit (and against 'normal' aliens). He did quite well.
Batman will not go and try to fight them hand to hand, and unlike Cap he has good offensive weaponry (he can disorient them easily, and take down a couple). He also has better sensory perception (.e.g his cowl has several modes of sight, ranging from infra red to ultra violet, and in the second encounter against aliens he used this to his advantage). Cap, super soldier or not, has only his Mark 1 eyeballs.
Batman's major advantage though is that he is a pragmatist .....seeing his predicament, he will probably decide to take a stealthy approach, killing/incapacitating only those he can safely get, while the rest of the time staying out of sight/sound.
He may not make it, but he will make a valiant attempt. And when it comes to survival, Bruce is one of the better ones in the team.

3. beast:
Interesting character. Easy to write off at first, until one realizes the enormous strength, speed and healing abilities the hombre possesses! His strength is sufficient to do enough damage to a small number of Aliens (although he would be an utter fool to try and do that), he has speed and agility in spades, and while Wolverine normally takes the healing card in the X-men, Beast actually has a pretty formidable healing factor (not as good as Logan's, but good enough .....down to the crazy haircut). His fighting ability is also great.
The key thing for Beast though will be to try and survive .....he can evade the Aliens as long as they are too many, and might even be able to fight it out with one or two (although that might not be prudent since more might be on the way, and unlike Batman/FrankC he would not be able to 'snipe' from a distance).
His chances of survival are probably the highest if he plays it smart. He plays it dumb and he is dead.

4. kraven the hunter:
Would be hunted. Little offensive capability (particularly with the numbers involved), no defensive ability (although he may sense them coming).
If it was a hunt for one alien he can win, but 100 he would go down quite fast the moment he engages them ....or they him .....

5. daredevil...
DD would be an interesting combatant, were it not for some obvious flaws.
While his senses are even more acute than those of Batman (considerably so), and his agility is also better than his, he is still a very tactile character.
To attack he has to do it with fists and kicks, or with his batons.
All are HIGHLY ineffective against Aliens.
All he could do is try and hide, using his senses to stay out of the way ....although unlike Batman or Beast, if cornered (say there are 3 directions, and aliens coming in from all 3) he would have no recourse but to die.
Batman could use a freeze capsule, or an exploding batarang, on the smallest number and escape that way, Beast may use his strength and speed to quickly go through the smallest bunch and try to escape in the direction in which they came, but Murdock would be stuck!

6. elecktra....
Think Daredevil, but instead of a Baton she has double Sai.
Might actually be able to take down one (maximum two) Aliens with her Sai, but the moment she uses a Sai on one that Sai is melted/toast. Thus two targets at the most, and she could conceptually kill them (my money is on her killing two aliens).
After that she simply tries to dodge them for as long as she can before she dies.
Whcih she will.

7. black panther.
In my opinion a Batman analogue (particularly the modern version, who is a Marvel Batman in very many ways). Like Batman a prime tactical strategist, always has a plan, and always has surprises (both nice and nasty).
Like Batman he can hide pretty well (although I'd rank Bruce Wayne higher on the stealth factor, particularly what he did to Superman, and to the White Martians when they masqueraded as the HyperClan). All the same, TChalla would still do a good job.
He also has the ability to take down an Alien, or even a very small group of them, and on top of this is the question of his vibranium suit (he might be immune to their acid, and even to their bites if the vibranium absorbs the kinetic force).
Thus, I would pt T'challa more or less in the position I would put Bruce.
Both of them, in my opinion, would survive ...and if they died, both of them would die VERY hard.

8. punisher/.......

I know that many people have placed him quite high, but in my opinion he would not be high unless he changes his game strategy.
Why?
Because the moment he starts firing those guns of his (with the so called 'armor piercing bullets') what happens is that all Aliens within earshot come rushing to where he is.
Now, he will kill a bunch, but his strategy of shooting attracts more clients (unlike the stealthy 'sniper' moves of a Tchalla or a Bruce), meaning that he will keep on expending ammo.
100 Aliens require a lot of ammunition, and they are regenerating according to the Orig Poster.
Frank will either get overwhelmed (too many aliens at too short a time, during which his guns need reloading), or he runs out of ammo just as a veritable nest of baddies comes bumrushing towards him.
Frank will actually die, and while he will also die hard (just like TChalla and Wayne) he will die much much sooner.
The moment he engages ONE Alien what happens is a timer starts, ticking towards his INEVITABLE death.
The only caveat is if his guns are COMPLETELY silenced, and he has UNLIMITED ammunition that needs NO reloading.
In such a case he would be a kid at a candy store .....but give him the guns we know and he is just postponing the inevitable.

Thus, in my book, the survivors would be (ranked):
1) Beast ....if he plays smart
2) Bruce Wayne ....past experience with Aliens, has the standard equipment to detect and if needed have a limited engagement, and has high levels of stealth
3) TChalla ....push him up to number 2 or 1 if his Vibranium weave suit can overcome acid and absorb bite force ....but if his suit is assumed to be 'normal' then he is simply a hair's breadth beneath Bruce's standing (and to be honest should be at par).

Everyone else dies ....note this is based on the specific circumstance, whereby they face marauding Aliens that number 100 plus (plus because one dies one more comes). That is not to say the Kraven couldn't hunt Beast, or that Captain America cannot fight as good as Bruce ....it simply means that based on these circumstances, and based on their standard equipment, they will not survive (and a number of them would not even be effective AT ALL).

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 11:06 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

I'm going with Punisher, Beast, BP, and Bats as outlasting the rest. As many have pointed out, DD could do very well in detecting and avoiding the Aliens, but I think at some point he would get cornered and if that happens he's dead.

BP and Batman have some pretty good skills and gadgets to help them last a bit longer, but if more than a couple of Aliens find them at once they will be in trouble using standard gear with no prep.

I think the final two would come down to Beast and Punisher though. Beast has a lot going for him in speed, brains, senses, HF, strength & agility to get the hell away from the Aliens in a tight situation, and even fight his way through a couple if absolutely cornered. Punisher could likewise use his evasive skills and unleash some serious firepower if it came down to a fight.

Of those two, I'd pick Beast as the ultimate winner, if only because if it comes down to having to fight Punisher's guns may end up attracting the attention of too many other Aliens and causing a swarm situation. Beast would be a lot quieter even in a fight and less likely to attract reinforcements.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 11:51 AM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

just a little info on punisher:

-he carries twin .45 always. and he uses the high capacity clips (as he says) which hold 14 rounds a clip. on top of that he carries two spare rounds for each. that's (14+14+14)x2.
-he carries either an Mp5 or an uzi. another one of his standard weapons. both mp5 and uzi have 30 rounds. on top of all that he always carries 4 extra clips (the part that form the "teeth" on his skull). that's 30x4.
-then he carries with him an M60 or another assault rifle with multiple clips on him. an average assault rifle has 30 rounds and Frank carries several of spare clips. that's another 30x4.
-grenades.
-battle knife
-two throwing knives (since everyone seems to be bringing up Batman's batarangs).

batman can run. but he cant fight them. and xenomorphs thrive in darkness and have great ambush tactics. anyone who thinks that Batman can make out of this alive based on batarangs, batbolos and smoke grenades really needs to see the alien movies again. xenomorphs have ALWAYS stayed in places that are dark, damp and smoky.

and please, stop telling me Frank has no stealth. or is too stupid to know that since he's outnumbered he's better off fighting stealth. for anyone who is even remotely familiar with Frank Castle, he ALWAYS opts for strategy. that's why he pwned Daredevil, wolverine and spiderman together.

as for hiding, that's why he wears blackerm

iceman, you mentioned batman's gadgets and his spikes. what do you think batman will achieve by slashing at these things? aside from winding up looking like TwoFace himself. batarangs....wont do shyte. batbolo's...not something that'll help him survive. liquid nitrogen, seriously doubt he can get more than 2 of them with it. what else? grenades? frnk has 'em too. flash bangs, smoke bombs.......flash bangs probably wont have an effect since i already mentioned that xenomorphs has always lived in smokey areas. i doubt adding to it is only going to make it worse. as for stealth, Frank has shown time and time again that he is awesome at using the envirnoment for his own good. heck he managed to remain hidden from view in broad daylight, WEARING BLACK WITH A SKULL ON IT.

~Sado

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 11:59 AM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Scenario One

Batman survives indefinitely.

HE arms his suits defensive energy field.

The aliens superb hearing registers the energy crackling around The Bat and retreat forming a cautious perimeter around him. The perimeter parts as Batman strides towards the complexes generator [he pinpoints its location through his optics] plugs in his suit and takes a nap.

After some relaxation he digs around in the utility belt for motherbox and his sonic tool, tunes into the wavelength on which the Alien's brainfunctions oscillate and shuts it down.

Ayo. Technology. gotta love it.
p.s. Kraven and Elektra compete for the who goes down the quickest award.

Second scenario

The dark knight boom tubes/teleports everyone to safety smile

Last edited by shiv on Feb 21st, 2008 at 02:07 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 02:03 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

how about this:
he activiates his defense suit and attracts all the aliens. they tear him to shreds. one less overrated idiot to worry about.
laughing

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 03:27 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

this scenario would have a differrent outcome had the emperor stipulated:

Bruce Wayne brain addled, naked and waving a crowbar vs 100 aliens

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 04:08 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hitman911
Battle Master

I just had to ask How do you guys think Logan would fair? Spiderman?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 04:21 PM
Hitman911 is currently offline Click here to Send Hitman911 a Private Message Find more posts by Hitman911 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I just had to ask How do you guys think Logan would fair? Spiderman?

wolverine's healing factor would make a lot of difference. meaning that he can claw and kill them but they won't be able to do the same to him. and i'm assuming their acid won't have any affect on adamantium. so IMO logan would do pretty good unless he gets ambushed.

Spidey? he can wrap them up in web but there was a time when three trapped xenomorphs killed one of them and used the acid to break out of the cell. the same can happen to spidey.

~Sado

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 04:29 PM
h1a8

I'm pretty sure that acid is not melting Vibranium.
So this is a no brainer. Black Panther lasts the longest in both scenarios.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 05:12 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Sado22, no one is saying that batbolas or gas will do anything to the aliens. But liquid-nitrogen surely will, so will grenades, and exploding batarangs. And remember all he has to do is hide and IF they come to him(and believe they will find him eventually) he has a good chance unlike some. Punisher and BP also have good chances.

Actually Hitman911 I think Spider-Man and fair nicely and might survive. Can't say the same for Wolverine however. Wolverine like Daredevil will be able to somewhat keep track of where the Aeno's are to a degree due to his extraordinary sense of smell. In combat he will get overwhelmed with acid due to his cutting them with his Adamantium. Whether he survives or not depends on how poiwerful his healing factor is written.

Spider-Man will be like Beast using stealth, smarts, agility, and pure strength to combat thge aliens. This is much better than claws. I see Spider-Man surviving longer than Beast possibly because of his webbing and spider-sense.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 05:24 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote