KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Dragonlance MOVIE!!!!

Dragonlance MOVIE!!!!
Started by: Council#13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Council#13
The Omega Male

Shocked Dragonlance MOVIE!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, We Have a Movie!
Wednesday, 28 June 2006
OK. So it`s been one of the worst kept secrets over the past few months that there`s an animated Dragonlance movie in the works. Margaret and Tracy have been dropping hints left right and centre, various people have picked up bits and pieces along the way, and Lucy Lawless (who`s voicing the character of Goldmoon) jumped the gun on the official announcement by spilling the beans to her fan club.

Regulars to the DLMS might wonder why there hasn`t been any news of the speculation about this movie posted on the site over recent months. This is because we`ve been very kindly asked by the film`s producers to become the official outlet for all the news on the movie as it moves towards a commercial release in autumn 2007! So over the coming months we`ll be able to bring you the full inside word on how the movie is coming together. Stay tuned.

Anyway, enough about us. What about the movie? Well, as we mentioned, an animated Dragonlance movie has been in pre-production for most of this year. The film is based on the first book in the Chronicles series, "Dragons of Autumn Twilight". The director is comics and TV animation veteran, Will Meugniot, and the screenplay has been adapted by George Strayton with plenty of involvement from Margaret and Tracy. Check out the new The Movie section for the full details as they presently stand.

this from the www.dragonlance-movie.com

Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie Dragonlance movie

Now, as a long and committed Dragonlance fan of some 2 odd years, nothing is making me more happy than to hear this news. However, like those who began to like LOTR only because of the movies, I am dreading those who will swarm over US committed fans and start acting like the biggest, more knowledgable Dragonlance fans ever to walk the face of the earth. Will they know the capital of Ergoth? Will they know the name of the Ergothian Emperor at the time of Vinas Solmanus's rebellion? Will they know the name of the dragon Highlord that initally attacked Silvanesti? Eh? I ask you that.
Now, I have read over 30 Dragonlance books. That is nothing compared to everything written. I don't claim to be a master in the world of Dragonlance, but nothing will tick me off further if some dimwit who watches the movie dares to claim to be a bigger fan!!!!

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Last edited by Council#13 on Jul 26th, 2006 at 08:47 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:39 AM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MistressofSnape
Slytherin's Bookaholic

Re: Dragonlance MOVIE!!!!

I AM SOO HAPPY! A MOVIE! The Gods have blessed us. Lucy Lawless played Xena: The Warrior Princess. She's cool.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Council#13

Now, as a long and committed Dragonlance fan of some 2 odd years, nothing is making me more happy than to hear this news. However, like those who began to like LOTR only because of the movies, I am dreading those who will swarm over US committed fans and start acting like the biggest, more knowledgable Dragonlance fans ever to walk the face of the earth. Will they know the capital of Ergoth? Will they know the name of the Ergothian Emperor at the time of Vinas Solmanus's rebellion? Will they know the name of the dragon Highlord that initally attacked Silvanesti? Eh? I ask you that.
Now, I have read over 30 Dragonlance books. That is nothing compared to everything written. I don't claim to be a master in the world of Dragonlance, but nothing will tick me off further if some dimwit who watches the movie dares to claim to be a bigger fan!!!!

OMG! YES! I hate when people do that! It's like the Harry Potter groupies who only like it because of the movies. Just because one watches a movie millions of times (which i have done) doesn't make one an expert! But then again seeing as I don't know the name of the Ergothian Emperor at the time of Vinas Solmanus's rebellion, I may need to read more. I have at the moment have read about 16 Dragonlance books (I think more but I'm not sure). My 16 compared to your 30 makes me feel small...but I'm still calling myself fan. 16 is alot when I only just discovered the Wonderful World of Krynn in February. And anyway who was Ergothian Emperor at the time of Vinas Solmanus's rebellion?

Last edited by MistressofSnape on Jul 26th, 2006 at 02:12 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 02:04 PM
MistressofSnape is currently offline Click here to Send MistressofSnape a Private Message Find more posts by MistressofSnape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

YES! A movie. Wonderful! I really hope this one pulls through, as I read before that many attempts to make a movie has been tried and failed. And though I don't know those things either, I do hate people who act like that as well. It's really sad. I believe I have read about around 16 books too (I don't know, all my books are at my moms house... I'm at my dads), which, like Mistress said, is nothing compared to your 30. Which is also sad for me because I've been reading the books for 4 years now. I need to catch up on my reading. Anywho. I hope this movie pulls through.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 06:35 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sai1

That's gonna need to be a pretty long movie... 2-3 times as long os LotR maybe? But animated?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 07:40 PM
Sai1 is currently offline Click here to Send Sai1 a Private Message Find more posts by Sai1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

I have completed 14 out of 23 books ( some are the classical versions)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:53 PM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

I just did somthing really evil!!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 09:19 PM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Azure
I just did somthing really evil!!
Yes, don't do that again.

I have completed 14 out of 23 books ( some are the classical versions)
I can't find the books of when they all meet! I think they are called the something Sextents or something. I can't find'em! sad

Anyway, I don't think an animated movie like a cartoon is going to get as big as a live action still. Now if they do it in the animated three-dimensional versions like they've been doing with disney movies and such, then that can draw attention to it. So if its a cartoon, I wouldn't worry much about it people.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:33 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Btw, Happy Birthday MistressofSnape! And the answer was Emperor Emann of the Quisling dynasty. smile

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 03:10 AM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

Originally posted by The Phantom
YES! A movie. Wonderful! I really hope this one pulls through, as I read before that many attempts to make a movie has been tried and failed. And though I don't know those things either, I do hate people who act like that as well. It's really sad. I believe I have read about around 16 books too (I don't know, all my books are at my moms house... I'm at my dads), which, like Mistress said, is nothing compared to your 30. Which is also sad for me because I've been reading the books for 4 years now. I need to catch up on my reading. Anywho. I hope this movie pulls through.
ha-ha.... you, me and DalamartheDark live in the same place....awkward. oh, and btw...the books were called The Meetings Sextet or something like that....

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 06:42 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

ha-ha.... you, me and DalamartheDark live in the same place....awkward. oh, and btw...the books were called The Meetings Sextet or something like that....
O.O Woo! Company to live with! And thanks!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 07:07 PM
Azure
Your socks taste good...

Let's go have tea!!! j/k!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 07:12 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

So. What kind of animation is this going to be?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 07:24 PM
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

Thanks for posting this! I had heard rumors from friends who heard it from other friends, so I wasn't sure how much to believe. This just proves it. Can anyone here besides me NOT imagine Keifer Sutherland to voice Raistlin?
By the way... I have only read the first 7, but that's because the library near my house has few of the books... You who have read 30 are very lucky...

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 06:37 AM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

ThePhantom, I love your sig. I was going to make something like that, but I didn't know what to say messed

I half hope it's going to be CGI, and half hope it's going to be cartoon, because computer animated movies are kinda creepy, but cartoons are kinda old fashioned.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 07:26 AM
Azure
Your socks taste good...

I heard it was giong to be done in the style that the Ledgend of Huma comic book was done in....

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 04:36 PM
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

Never heard of that... What kind is it?

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 06:19 PM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I heard it was giong to be done in the style that the Ledgend of Huma comic book was done in....
Never seen it.
ThePhantom, I love your sig. I was going to make something like that, but I didn't know what to say messed

I half hope it's going to be CGI, and half hope it's going to be cartoon, because computer animated movies are kinda creepy, but cartoons are kinda old fashioned.
If it is going to be a flat out cartoon, it might not even be in theaters. I mean, when was the last time you saw a cartoon in the movies? This is why I wanted live action because one, it will look so hot to actually see people doing what they do, and two... it will look hot. O.O

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 06:29 PM
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

Originally posted by The Phantom
If it is going to be a flat out cartoon, it might not even be in theaters. I mean, when was the last time you saw a cartoon in the movies? This is why I wanted live action because one, it will look so hot to actually see people doing what they do, and two... it will look hot. O.O [/B]

Live Action would be great, but CGI would be next in my opinion... I would be somewhat disappointed if it was cartoon, but I would still go see it smile

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 07:09 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

I hope it's not cartoon actually. Too childish messed

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 12:21 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I hope it's not cartoon actually. Too childish messed
yes

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:38 PM