KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Dragonlance MOVIE!!!!

Dragonlance MOVIE!!!!
Started by: Council#13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zinh

Everything I have read and seen up to now suggests this is a toon movie with cg elements (like Beauty and the Beast). While I am very pleased that a DL movie will be made, I think they are making a HUGE mistake if it is a cartoon and not full CG. Toons don't make money or good sequals anymore and we all know what good trilogys of books there are after the first set.

Disney is a fine example. Not to many of their 2d sequels haved made it to the big screen. Always straight to video.

They need to make this epic like it should be. And 2d animation isn't going to cut it. Though with all of the run of the mill 3d animated movies nowadays, it may work in 2d. I dunno.

I just feel that DL fans deserve more then a cartoon for fuqs sake. smile

Peace

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 07:10 AM
zinh is currently offline Click here to Send zinh a Private Message Find more posts by zinh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

I'm eating oatmeal! (I obviously have nothing better to say)

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 03:56 PM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MistressofSnape
Slytherin's Bookaholic

No bunnies...? Strange...I'm eating a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. Good stuff!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 07:44 PM
MistressofSnape is currently offline Click here to Send MistressofSnape a Private Message Find more posts by MistressofSnape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

Did Dalamar ever have children??? oh, and my friend says he is half gully dwarf, half elf...*shudders*

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 06:49 PM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MistressofSnape
Slytherin's Bookaholic

Children? Err...no. But, I heard this rumor that he was going with Raistlin and they had a child out of wedlock. Raistlin sacrificed it to Her Dark Magesty for more power. Really sad...
Dalamar, a gully dwarf? He and Bupu could hook up and mourn the lost of The Great Raistlin Majere...and comfort each other...and have children...all that good stuff.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 11:22 PM
MistressofSnape is currently offline Click here to Send MistressofSnape a Private Message Find more posts by MistressofSnape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MistressofSnape
Children? Err...no. But, I heard this rumor that he was going with Raistlin and they had a child out of wedlock. Raistlin sacrificed it to Her Dark Magesty for more power. Really sad...
Dalamar, a gully dwarf? He and Bupu could hook up and mourn the lost of The Great Raistlin Majere...and comfort each other...and have children...all that good stuff.

What?!?!?! ...I am not even gonna ask...

I"M EATING...

Great green globs of greasy grimy gopher guts!
Mutilated monkey meat!
Itty-bitty birdy feet!
French fried eyeballs rollling down a dirty street!
And I forgot my spoon... darn!

Randomness is fun...

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 03:52 AM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amit gillen

and thus, my second post... of course, i never look around before posting......honestly, i consider myself a dragonlance fan on the rise. i started reading in june and have now only finished the war of souls, the twins trilogy, the chaos war, and the war of the lance- only 10 books, i think...but honestly i cant get enough, and news of a movie is .....um...good. . .news i guess. though if it's animated, i think i'll feel extremely childish watching it once....not to mention watching it again....and again....and again, and so on....i had hoped that when this happined, it would be live action, bit cgi will still cause a several-month-long coma-of-excitement, and at least four consecutive heart attacks....my obsessions are dangerous to my health

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:25 AM
amit gillen is currently offline Click here to Send amit gillen a Private Message Find more posts by amit gillen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

Originally posted by amit gillen
and thus, my second post... of course, i never look around before posting......honestly, i consider myself a dragonlance fan on the rise. i started reading in june and have now only finished the war of souls, the twins trilogy, the chaos war, and the war of the lance- only 10 books, i think...but honestly i cant get enough, and news of a movie is .....um...good. . .news i guess. though if it's animated, i think i'll feel extremely childish watching it once....not to mention watching it again....and again....and again, and so on....i had hoped that when this happined, it would be live action, bit cgi will still cause a several-month-long coma-of-excitement, and at least four consecutive heart attacks....my obsessions are dangerous to my health
BLAM!!!! another fan! Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 06:47 PM
Azure
Your socks taste good...

Originally posted by MistressofSnape
*drools* I love Raistlin...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 06:48 PM
Azure
Your socks taste good...

Originally posted by R.F.
What?!?!?! ...I am not even gonna ask...

I"M EATING...

Great green globs of greasy grimy gopher guts!
Mutilated monkey meat!
Itty-bitty birdy feet!
French fried eyeballs rollling down a dirty street!
And I forgot my spoon... darn!

Randomness is fun...
For the sake of your sanity, don't ask......oh, never mind, the food snatched it away....RANDOMNESS!! stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 06:49 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Azure
*drools* I love Raistlin...
Likewise but sounding less gay since I'm saying it.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 12:01 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MistressofSnape
Slytherin's Bookaholic

I can honestly say that Raistlin Majere is a God. And Randomness is pretty. And fun. And random. And...I am so bored right now...

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 01:37 AM
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

Randomosity is good for a developing mind...

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 11:46 AM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

no expression

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 01:53 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MistressofSnape
Slytherin's Bookaholic

Yes, keep a straight face bacause sonner or later you will burst out laughing and our voice of reason will be gone. And that's when the Abyss will come...Well, not really...there's always Phantom...
But fear for we will convert him to our side insanity where we (or at least Azure does) eat bunnies...and stuff...Mwahhahaha*cough*...hahahha...?

Last edited by MistressofSnape on Aug 23rd, 2006 at 02:48 AM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 02:45 AM
Council#13
The Omega Male

Yeah, Azure went psycho

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 09:47 AM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

Originally posted by Council#13
Yeah, Azure went psycho

Azure: Don't be all up in my Koolaide! My Koolaide! STAY AWAY!! YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY OF MY BUNNY FLAVORED KOOLAIDE!! My precious Koolaide. They didn't understand. Listens to those kenderses whine, precious! They whine like filthy, little hobbitses! No Koolaide for you!!!

She-Magus (my other personality): But precious, isn't it our job to spread the love and peace, using our bunny Koolaide? *cough, hack, cough* CARAMON, BRING ME MY TEA!!!

Azure: Never, precious, the bunny Koolaide is all for us!! MUHAHAHHAHAHAHA!! BWHAHAHAH!!!

She-Magus:*thwack*

Azure:*thud*

She-Magus: That will teach you to steal my magic wand!

Echo (also my OTHER personality): Hey, like, what are you guys doing?

Azure: *wakes up* You're still alive??

She-Magus: I could have sworn we got rid of you along time ago...

Echo: Well, She-Magus,was like, "I'll throw you into oblivian!!" and then
Azure was all, "or better yet, push you into the mud!" and I was, like,"EEWWW!" and then you both started laughing. And then Harry Potter said, "Leave my wand alone!!"
And Caramon, was all, "yeah, I like potatoes."
So then I was, like "Don't be all up in Tika's Koolaide!"
And then Azure said " Stay away from my Koolaide!" and then she went all Exorcist on us. so yeah, what are we talking about??? confused

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 06:29 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

The power of Christ compels you!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 02:01 PM
Azure
Your socks taste good...

Preist: The power of Christ comples you! *flicks water in the air next to Echo* (Echo is what you see on the inside, and She-Magus and Azure are on the inside)
Echo: ummm...a little to the left...(the other personalities are standing behind him)

yeah, I know that was stupid...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 04:13 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

no expression

*ties us Azure, then picks up a tank of holy water and throws it at Azure*

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 09:27 AM