KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Best Pirates of the Caribbean sword fighter.

Best 'Pirates' swordfighter.
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Hector Barbossa 2 3.85%
James Norrington 3 5.77%
Will Turner 12 23.08%
Jack Sparrow 26 50.00%
Pintel 0 0%
Ragetti 0 0%
Elizabeth Swan 4 7.69%
Davy Jones 5 9.62%
Total: 52 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best Pirates of the Caribbean sword fighter.
Started by: Dr. Joke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

i can't believe only 7% said liz!! she hasn't even had any training(or at least the movie hasn't said so) and she would've killed all of davy jones' crew in 2 minutes if they weren't undead. eek!

MapleSugar is my hero happyJoin the Raver Club! Now raver
Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 11:05 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

i got to go with jack.. he's acting funny while fighting for his life which is great

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 11:53 PM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Joke
Clown Prince of Crime

You all have read my theory, right? Just imagine if that happened, Jones would be fighting Will, Jack, and Barbossa at once.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:02 AM
Dr. Joke is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Joke a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Joke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

jones would go down. . . . . unless he can hold a sword in each tentacleeek! or was that in your theory. sorry, i didn't read it.

MapleSugar is my hero happyJoin the Raver Club! Now raver
Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:55 AM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Joke
Clown Prince of Crime

Yeah, he would use his tentacles to hold the swords and fight (he used them to play the organ).

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:00 AM
Dr. Joke is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Joke a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Joke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Joke
Clown Prince of Crime

It appears he has ample control of them (Read first post).

Attachment: deadmanschest2[1].jpg
This has been downloaded 82 time(s).

Last edited by Dr. Joke on Jul 27th, 2006 at 01:09 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:06 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Striking a key is one thing but to hold a sword is another. You actually think that Davy can fight with all these swords with his tentacles but yet you have no proof so again Davy is an unknown.

Jack is the best fighter but Will is the best sword fighter

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:25 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

^^ Right.....Jack is the best fighter overall...because he uses his wits as well as everything else...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:52 AM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr. Joke
It appears he has ample control of them (Read first post).
his tentacles aren't that long they would have him in reach and he would be exposing his head for attacks since he would have to move it forward when striking and from what we can tell the can't grow bigger. Besides how strong are his tentacles anyway? I doubt they'll hold swords. Maybe they can throw knives that I can picture. I imagine he'll have the Yoda effect. But since I haven't seen him yet I'm going with Will since it's just sword fighting in an all out battle if Barbossa and Davy Jones can be killed Jack would more then likely win. Though Elizabeth is also pretty damn tough and skilled.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:21 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

ooooo NICE THEORY about Jones. thats hott.

i had to go with Will as the best all-around swordsman, but his weakness is that he plays by the rules.

i am more partial to the Jack method of swordfighting---- confusing and manipulating your opponent, like he does with will:
"do you really think this wise boy? crossing blades with a pirate?" AKA Jack is trying to get out of fighting him at all

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:28 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

In the list I have to say Elizabeth is the worse. Everyone else has years of exprience in sword fighting like Barbossa who kept Jack on full defense throughout their fight.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:33 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by katelovespirate
ooooo NICE THEORY about Jones. thats hott.

i had to go with Will as the best all-around swordsman, but his weakness is that he plays by the rules.

i am more partial to the Jack method of swordfighting---- confusing and manipulating your opponent, like he does with will:
"do you really think this wise boy? crossing blades with a pirate?" AKA Jack is trying to get out of fighting him at all

I voted for Will mainly because he has more skill a just a sword fighter
Originally posted by ESB -1138
In the list I have to say Elizabeth is the worse. Everyone else has years of exprience in sword fighting like Barbossa who kept Jack on full defense throughout their fight.

I think she could take on Pintel and Ragetti seperately of course maybe together they aren't very strong just pirates who are more of comic relief. erm if Barbossa and Norrington are on the same level then she can't take Norrington. But I can't see how they are on the same level

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:43 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I'm pretty sure Norrington is a great sword fighter. Him and Will went toe to toe and niether managed to gain the upper hand throughout their fight. And straight up sword fighting Will is better then all the others so that says that Norrington is a great sword fighter.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:55 AM
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by ESB -1138
I'm pretty sure Norrington is a great sword fighter. Him and Will went toe to toe and niether managed to gain the upper hand throughout their fight. And straight up sword fighting Will is better then all the others so that says that Norrington is a great sword fighter.

But I don't like Norrington no expression

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:58 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

But that's not the case. Norrington proved to be almost as good as Will making him one of the top three best sword fighters.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 03:01 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Why is everyone saying Jack. Is it just because he's the favorite? ESB is right, dvd commentary lets us know that Jack is the worst fighter of all of them. This isn't a "who would win altogether" but "who is the best sword-fighter" thread. Therefore the answer canonically is Will, then Barbossa and Norrington, followed by Jack.

I would imagine Davy Jones could kick ass with a sword. If he could hold one.

ESB is the one to listen too here, he seems to know most about the fighting. Whereas Jack was overwhelmed during the 3 way duel, Norrington and Will battled it out - with Will having a slight edge.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 03:37 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

eh, we are not voting Jack on technicalities. just syle. smile

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 03:40 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

The thread is "Best Sword-Fighter"

Dvd commentary "Jack is the worst sword-fighter"

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 03:48 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brokenxxheart14
don't touch my dirt

jacks not the worst sword fighter

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 03:51 AM
brokenxxheart14 is currently offline Click here to Send brokenxxheart14 a Private Message Find more posts by brokenxxheart14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Then don't listen to the dvd commentary with the guys who made the movie.

You will be proven wrong.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 03:56 AM