KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Why didn't Qui Gon's ghost join Yoda, Anakin, and Obi Wan at the end of ROTJ?

Why didn't Qui Gon's ghost join Yoda, Anakin, and Obi Wan at the end of ROTJ?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Why didn't Qui Gon's ghost join Yoda, Anakin, and Obi Wan at the end of ROTJ?

Always wanted to know that..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 12:35 AM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

'Cause Qui-Gon isn't as important of a character in the OT. Yes, he did suggest they train Anakin and was right that he was the "Chosen One", but he didn't appear during any of the OT movies, nor was he ever mentioned.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 01:28 AM
Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Qui-Gon had learned to stay in the mortal plane but could not manifest himself as a ghost.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 03:22 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Cause Qui-Gon was busy dancing with the Ewoks.

Nah, his character probably didn't exist. But.... I think that if George Lucas was going to replace the old Anakin, he could have at least put in a few thousand more Jedi in the background.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 08:05 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Council#13
Cause Qui-Gon was busy dancing with the Ewoks.

Nah, his character probably didn't exist. But.... I think that if George Lucas was going to replace the old Anakin, he could have at least put in a few thousand more Jedi in the background.

Now that would've looked spectacular only Jedi ghost knowledge, as far as we know, was known to few.

Big it probably would've been the best shot of both trilogies. Crazy Jedi ghosts behind Anakin, Yoda, and Ben, including Mace and everyone..lol I could see Mace looking at Anakin and thinking "S.O.B."

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 06:39 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Yeah, Lucas should've added thousands of jedi spirits at the end of RotJ!

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 10:54 AM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Now that would've looked spectacular only Jedi ghost knowledge, as far as we know, was known to few.

Big it probably would've been the best shot of both trilogies. Crazy Jedi ghosts behind Anakin, Yoda, and Ben, including Mace and everyone..lol I could see Mace looking at Anakin and thinking "S.O.B."

laughing That would be funny. Like in MAD magazine or something they would add little thought bubbles.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 12:23 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sapphiremouse

Well ive read a few of the novels and at one time Obi-Wan came to luke and told him that this is last time they would talk. So, maybe there is a limited time that they are able to come back as ghost and communicate with the living world. In thinking with that.....Qui-Gon Jin died many years before Luke was born and they didnt even know about each other....from storys that ol ben wouldve told. No mentioned of his name came about in the #4-6 episode.

Cant add Future characters that you havent thought of in a film made in the past...lol

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 05:08 AM
Click here to Send sapphiremouse a Private Message Find more posts by sapphiremouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Infinity
Big Boss

there was another thread. about a year ago saying that there was a deleted scene in ROTS that it showed qui-gons ghost speaking with obi wan and yoda, right after yoda told obi that his master can stay communicate with them.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 07:51 AM
Click here to Send Infinity a Private Message Find more posts by Infinity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Infinity
Big Boss

sorry. i know that post dozent belong here but i thaught it be interesting

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 07:51 AM
Click here to Send Infinity a Private Message Find more posts by Infinity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Qui Gon did not exist.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jam-Jul_Lison
Dark Jedi Master

More then likly Qui-Gon had already moved on to the other side at the time.

I did have a few problems with the newest version of Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda at the end of ROTJ. I hated them changing Anakin from Sebastian Shaw (I think that is who it was who played Anakin's ghost originaly) to Hayden Christensen). From the movies it seems like they look like they do when they die. So why the exception for Anakin? Yes he was young when went over to the dark side. But when he died he had gone back to the lightside just prior to it.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 12:43 PM
Click here to Send Jam-Jul_Lison a Private Message Find more posts by Jam-Jul_Lison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drwerwer

Since qui-gon had nothing to with Luke and so he had no reason to show up. While the other three did since Yoda helped train luke same with Obi ,and well Anakin was his father and saved him from Palps.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 01:51 AM
Click here to Send drwerwer a Private Message Find more posts by drwerwer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mrright14

it's b cuz Luke only new 3 Jedi in his life(obi-wan, yoda, and anakin) at the time. so Lucas could not put thousands of Jedi Luke did not know in the back

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 02:17 AM
Click here to Send mrright14 a Private Message Find more posts by mrright14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

OMG... who opened this old fossil????

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 09:44 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by mrright14
it's b cuz Luke only new 3 Jedi in his life(obi-wan, yoda, and anakin) at the time. so Lucas could not put thousands of Jedi Luke did not know in the back

I agree.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 26th, 2010 06:19 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

That still does not make any sence they should had added him anyway.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 03:24 PM
Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Nope.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 03:48 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 04:40 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

That's pretty impressive.

I like George.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 12:46 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote